TAXI FOR DUNN!

Thats just what I thought too.We are so :censored:e at home that we have forgotten what it is like to win at home.We have become a joke to away teams .

When you have got Southend fans singing we want six in the Chaddy can our club go any lower, its :censored:ing embarrassing. Players are a :censored:ing disgrace and are a reflection of the clueless :censored: we have in charge of them, what a :censored:ing mess this clubs in.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Corney didnt offer him enough?

Really we should all be realising by now where the problem lies. It's :censored: all to do with who the manager might be.

Can't agree...

The manager still needs to motivate & organise the squad he has, Dunn hasn't done that.

We clearly have problems throughout the club but on the pitch tonight. That's all Dunn & the players & it was :censored:!

Can't agree...

The manager still needs to motivate & organise the squad he has, Dunn hasn't done that.

We clearly have problems throughout the club but on the pitch tonight. That's all Dunn & the players & it was :censored:!

I think that the serious problems started in the summer and the manager is still fire fighting with a :censored: squad mostly signed by someone else.

Corney and his board puppets where quite happy to sit by last season and watch holden look after the team and had no intention of rushing into appointing anyone. We all know the their next step was the humiliating appointment of Kelly but at least they acted quickly and relieved him of the job. Next step was the upgrade of Dunn from player to "interim boss" Now what gave this board the impression that they had finally found the right man and give him the job on a permanent basis ? It certainly was not not the results on the pitch because we have basically carried on from where Kelly left. The only thing I can see is Dunn has been able to bring loan players in quite easily and er make the eating of Caesar salads a more pleasurable experience for our pampered squad.

Many on here can see no difference whatsoever between Holden, Kelly and Dunn. The teams and tactics seem to be exactly the same, the dont lose the game mentality is turning us into the softest touch that I have ever seen in 34 years of watching this club.

Tonight summed it up when Dunn finally gave in and let the team throw the kitchen sink at it, it did not work but for a few brief moments it looked like a team that was actually trying to score and give the fans something to cheer.

Dunn and his coaching team need to have a complete rethink on the tactics that they are playing because it wont take long for us to be in the relegation mire.

The people who took advantage of the fiver will not be coming back again so yet again its a pr disaster but we should all know by now that our ticket cost cutting events usually result in the words of "im not coming watching this crap again!"

We looked good tonight when we attacked down the wings and sent balls into the box as quickly as possible. Next game Yeates left, Poleon right Higdon and fuller up top. Kelly and Jones CM, drop philiskirk, he's had some really good games ish lately but he can't beat a man, dummigan rb unless u play him rw, I'll go in goal, won't see a player out jumping me to head it like that goal cos I'd be taking ball and player like any keeper should, come out with your :censored:ing knee up you soft :censored:, you're allowed and he'll think twice about going in on you again

Corney and his board puppets where quite happy to sit by last season and watch holden look after the team and had no intention of rushing into appointing anyone. We all know the their next step was the humiliating appointment of Kelly but at least they acted quickly and relieved him of the job. Next step was the upgrade of Dunn from player to "interim boss" Now what gave this board the impression that they had finally found the right man and give him the job on a permanent basis ? It certainly was not not the results on the pitch because we have basically carried on from where Kelly left. The only thing I can see is Dunn has been able to bring loan players in quite easily and er make the eating of Caesar salads a more pleasurable experience for our pampered squad.

Many on here can see no difference whatsoever between Holden, Kelly and Dunn. The teams and tactics seem to be exactly the same, the dont lose the game mentality is turning us into the softest touch that I have ever seen in 34 years of watching this club.

Tonight summed it up when Dunn finally gave in and let the team throw the kitchen sink at it, it did not work but for a few brief moments it looked like a team that was actually trying to score and give the fans something to cheer.

Dunn and his coaching team need to have a complete rethink on the tactics that they are playing because it wont take long for us to be in the relegation mire.

The people who took advantage of the fiver will not be coming back again so yet again its a pr disaster but we should all know by now that our ticket cost cutting events usually result in the words of "im not coming watching this crap again!"

Latics always shoot themselves in the foot.

Plenty of anger on here which is understandable and well placed.

In the interests of balance, Yeates and Higdon were very good and Fuller looked a handful.

It's so exasperating to concede that 4th because we had them well and truly on the ropes from when we got the first. Then it all went to :censored: again.

I hope there's a plan to shake up the squad in the January window and that Cassidy and Forte can improve our results because if not there is no doubt in my mind that this is a relegation team.

We've played 9 games at home and won 1 which was a fluke where we should have been 4 down in 15 minutes and we have already been beaten 4-2, 5-1, & 5-2 by bang average teams. An upturn in results usually follows a new managerial appointment but we haven't witnessed anything close with Dunn whose home record reads;

P W D L F A PTS

6 0 2 4 7 14 2

I have supported this club since 1959/60 and am struggling to remember a worse start to a home season in all that time.

If we go down it could well be the beginning of the end because without investment we could drop even further.

Corney needs to make an important decision very quickly as to whether he wants to carry on or make a real effort to sell the club for a fair price.

We have continued our decline throughout his tenure and I thank him for saving the club but in my opinion he needs to go, this slow death is pissing me off, big time!!

Edited by oafc1955

If we did sack Dunn I'd be looking at league 2 someone like Chris Wilder, Neil Ardley or Paul Tisdsle.

Good to hear suggestions but none of them realistically would leave to come here.

Jim Bentley and John Coleman might, would the fanbase give them time to try to turn things around though? I fear not.

We looked good tonight when we attacked down the wings and sent balls into the box as quickly as possible. Next game Yeates left, Poleon right Higdon and fuller up top. Kelly and Jones CM, drop philiskirk, he's had some really good games ish lately but he can't beat a man, dummigan rb unless u play him rw, I'll go in goal, won't see a player out jumping me to head it like that goal cos I'd be taking ball and player like any keeper should, come out with your :censored:ing knee up you soft :censored:, you're allowed and he'll think twice about going in on you again

Poleon on the right again? He can't cross & is brain dead.

Last night he was not interested in the slightest & he is brain dead. His performance summed up our season for me.

It's all well & good people saying what's he supposed to do the ball is fired up high to him but he should at least challenge even worrell beat him without having to leave his feet. Sick of his token gesture challenges. Look at Mooney at the the opposite end of the field for what your no9 should be doing with & without the ball. Poleon has scored the odd goal this season but he hasn't once performed like that.

Good to hear suggestions but none of them realistically would leave to come here.

Jim Bentley and John Coleman might, would the fanbase give them time to try to turn things around though? I fear not.

Coleman always does well on a tiny budget, what he's done at Accy is nothing short of a miracle and I can see no reason he'd want to come here as the way it's going we'll be swapping leagues

The one thing he would do if he ever did come is this, players that go through the motions would be out the door that day and what's left would be playing for their futures at the club

They might give Uwe Rosler time..

To some extent Dunn is a victim of what has gone before him. A succession of recent managers have played this dull, insipid, one up front, defensive style of play that has proven so ineffective at home for several seasons.

A new manager coming in playing exactly the same way was never going to be given much of a honeymoon period without decent results. The fans that are left are just sick of it.

Most worrying for me is the lack of desire shown by the players in the last 2 games. Second to every 50/50 ball, they look disinterested at best.