TAXI FOR DUNN!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacked by Wigan. Sacked by Leeds. His stock won't be that high.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Corney to put his hand in his pocket for him...not that he will!

The wage itself maybe not such a problem but he'll want his own staff and say an extra 300-400k on the playing budget.

Too expensive.

I bet you would be suprised what Dunns on, its probably peanuts to Dunn but it will be considerably more than what Johnson or Kelly where on.

We are stuck with Dunn now because we can't afford to get rid, the farcical situation we now find ourselves in is is a consequence of bringing Dunn in and undermining the previous manager, whether you liked Kelly or not he wasn't given a chance and the likes of Holden offered him very little support, all you have to do is look at Holden on the touchline now compared to when Kelly was here.

My feeling is Holdens a bad egg, he saw his arse when Kellly got the job even though we had a decent team and he had soon turned us in to one of the poorest teams in the division. How did he avoid the chop then? Was that down to money? Why does he seem to be always blameless, does he have the boards ear? Where they plotting Kellys downfall before we had even kicked a ball?

One things for sure since Johnson left one man has been a constant in a set up renowned now for being a joke, how on earth he is still employed by us is beyond me.

Wow, that's absolutely awful. Just looked at the stats too, 19 shots vs 7. They had 5 attempts on target and scored them all. Abysmal.

For all the stick Dunn is getting we have a massive problem at the back. And I don't think the answer lies in the squad. All those goals would have been prevented by proper defending. We need a proper defender alongside James Wilson who can play a bit.

Not that I'm necessarily saying that Brian Wilson is the problem, he's just not what we need back there. For those saying we should get rid of Dunn, what would a new manager do with that defence? They are bullied constantly. Can that be coached into people?

I bet you would be suprised what Dunns on, its probably peanuts to Dunn but it will be considerably more than what Johnson or Kelly where on.

We are stuck with Dunn now because we can't afford to get rid, the farcical situation we now find ourselves in is is a consequence of bringing Dunn in and undermining the previous manager, whether you liked Kelly or not he wasn't given a chance and the likes of Holden offered him very little support, all you have to do is look at Holden on the touchline now compared to when Kelly was here.

My feeling is Holdens a bad egg, he saw his arse when Kellly got the job even though we had a decent team and he had soon turned us in to one of the poorest teams in the division. How did he avoid the chop then? Was that down to money? Why does he seem to be always blameless, does he have the boards ear? Where they plotting Kellys downfall before we had even kicked a ball?

One things for sure since Johnson left one man has been a constant in a set up renowned now for being a joke, how on earth he is still employed by us is beyond me.

Could be wrong but I got the impression that Dunn was a sponsored signing.

There's little doubt that he was brought in with a view to taking over from Kelly, perhaps some players haven't taken too kindly to that, who knows.

How can you concede 5 goals where every one either trickles in the box or trickles into the net.

Every single one of them utterly shambolic.

At least Higdon did something. Every goal we score recently is coming from a long ball or a cross, it feels like...

We need a centre back in, and fast, that will rattle J Wilson's head and intimidate the whole defence. They genuinely look pathetic, scared, feeble etc.

Edited by NewBlue

We really need an experienced head, even if it is as assistant manager.

Holden seems a nice bloke, but he hasn't brought anything to the table.

I don't especially like Dunn, but i don't think they'll sack him. He needs to make a difficult decision and bring

someone else in to help him out.

Get him sacked!!

:censored:ing :censored:e last night and :censored:e since he came in.

Simon Corney please just get someone with experiance in to sort this :censored:ing mess out.

David Dunn is as bad as Darren Kelly and the only reason some of our fickle fans wont and dont want him out is because he is football famous.

Having digs at the fans the other week after all this dross! What a prick! No other club in our division would get support like they do from the athleticos when losing at home. Yes there was a few nasty chants last night but we have had enough.

When he gets to January and signs new plays he has a ready made excuse to continue to defend :censored:e performances saying he needs time gel the squad!

:censored: that get a right horrible bastard in who will make the players run through brick walls for him because they are not for dunn. Its not December yet and yet again its all about league one survival.

We let 5 Sunday league goals in at home to Southend United ffs just let that sink in!!

We are in freefall on amd off the pitch!

The whole year has been nothing short of a :censored:ing embarassment!

Has anybody from the club come out and said what an embarresment last night was?

Conceding 5 goals at home for the second time this season?

only one win at home in then league against Fleetwood who could have easily had 5 themselves that day?

maybe for once the club should address the fans in the right way and admit they got it wrong for once and that the fans are within their rights to bitch and moan about last night this season.

1 home win all season!!!!

why should we go to Boundary Park at all?

Edited by palmer1

Has anybody from the club come out and said what an embarresment last night was?

Conceding 5 goals at home for the second time this season?

only one win at home in then league against Fleetwood who could have easily had 5 themselves that day?

maybe for once the club should address the fans in the right way and admit they got it wrong for once and that the fans are within their rights to bitch and moan about last night this season.

1 home win all season!!!!

why should we go to Boundary Park at all?

What purpose would it serve?

We let 5 Sunday league goals in at home to Southend United ffs just let that sink in!!

Absolutely.

In the past fans have been chastised for having a superiority complex when it comes to getting beat by certain 'smaller' clubs, but five goals conceded at home to Southend is about as humiliating as it gets for me.

Good to hear suggestions but none of them realistically would leave to come here.

Jim Bentley and John Coleman might, would the fanbase give them time to try to turn things around though? I fear not.

Coleman is another Keith Hill who'll only do anything at one club to me...

I don't even think Hill would be the answer - he'd do better than this but I doubt he'd get us up.

To some extent Dunn is a victim of what has gone before him. A succession of recent managers have played this dull, insipid, one up front, defensive style of play that has proven so ineffective at home for several seasons.

A new manager coming in playing exactly the same way was never going to be given much of a honeymoon period without decent results. The fans that are left are just sick of it.

It's an imperfect storm isn't it.... :grin:

He's doing everything that previous managers did that pissed us off all at once and doing it all even worse....

Coleman is another Keith Hill who'll only do anything at one club to me...

I don't even think Hill would be the answer - he'd do better than this but I doubt he'd get us up.

You could be right but in terms of an experienced manager that everyone is screaming for he is about as good as we could expect to get.

Oldham Athletic

• 25 Kean
  • 20 B Wilson
  • 16 J Wilson
  • 05 Elokobi
  • 03 Mills Booked
  • 06 Kelly
  • 15 Winchester (Poleon - 82' Booked )
  • 08 Jones
  • 14 Mellis (Philliskirk - 56' )
  • 17 Wilkinson (Murphy - 16' )
  • 11 Forte

Substitutes

• 02 Brown
  • 09 Poleon
  • 10 Philliskirk
  • 13 Coleman
  • 21 Kusunga
  • 23 Turner
  • 39 Murphy

This was the team against Swindon just 9 months ago that had been playing decent, winning football and went 5th - the point where we peaked under LJ and a two (?) games before he left after which it all went tits up....

8 of the players involved that night could still have been last night, 6 of them were. Higdon & Yeates would arguably have been in that Swindon starting lineup ahead of Mellis & Wilkinson. Philliskirk is a far better player than he was then. On paper Forte is the only big loss...

We've seen these players play well - he should be getting far, far more out of them....

Edited by HarryBosch

Oldham Athletic

• 25 Kean
  • 20 B Wilson
  • 16 J Wilson
  • 05 Elokobi
  • 03 Mills Booked
  • 06 Kelly
  • 08 Jones
  • 11 Forte

Substitutes

• 02 Brown
  • 09 Poleon
  • 10 Philliskirk
  • 13 Coleman
  • 21 Kusunga
  • 23 Turner
  • 39 Murphy

This was the team against Swindon just 9 months ago that had been playing decent, winning football and went 5th - the point where we peaked under LJ and a two (?) games before he left after which it all went tits up....

8 of the players involved that night could still have been last night, 6 of them were. Higdon & Yeates would arguably have been in that Swindon starting lineup ahead of Mellis & Wilkinson. Philliskirk is a far better player than he was then. On paper Forte is the only big loss...

We've seen these players play well - he should be getting far, far more out of them....

On one level, we created plenty of chances last night. More clinical finishing would have helped.

Biggest issues are at the back, and we have been like that for quite a few years now. So many sloppy goals.

We were out jumped for almost all their goals. And statuesque.

Edited by singe

Oldham Athletic

• 25 Kean
  • 20 B Wilson
  • 16 J Wilson
  • 05 Elokobi
  • 03 Mills Booked
  • 06 Kelly
  • 08 Jones
  • 11 Forte
Substitutes
  • 02 Brown
  • 09 Poleon
  • 10 Philliskirk
  • 13 Coleman
  • 21 Kusunga
  • 23 Turner
  • 39 Murphy

Talk about the keepers now, Jake Kean was a disgrace!