Times up!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Dunn first signed he said in the Chron that anyone who saw him last season at Blackburn will know he was playing those games with his eyes shut. I'm convinced that many of his players are doing the same.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93246/dunn-still-hungry-for-success

I'd sack him for having the current player of the year (winchester) and our best player (jones) on the bench, again.

We've no proper leaders / men on the pitch so We need one on the bench.

To be fair they have both played well below par this season too. Can't blame Dunn for loss of form. This group surprisingly seem to lack fight, passion and probably more telling, ability. It's a poor squad, no point deceiving ourselves, if these players do not play at their best then they are league two standard which is a real danger.

Still think we'll stay up though.

Dunn going won't alter a thing. If we're going to stay up this season we need stability. Being on your third manager of the season before Christmas isn't going to end well. And let's be honest, who the :censored: would we get cos no one of any calibre at all would be interested.

______

Don't underestimate the attraction of the job in football.

If Dunn went we would have a long list of applications within hours.

Listening to Dunn on gmr on the way back he is clearly lost.

If he had his way he would replace at least 10 of the squad that he clearly doesn't rate.

That's impossible to do with our budget so he will have to go.

You can't replace so many players but you can replace Dunn and Holden.

Doesn't matter how many managers we have already had we can't continue with this set up unless

we won't league 2 football.

The manager has lost all faith in the players which really leaves him little choice.

SC must replace him immediately.

Fuller, Philliskirk, Higden, Fulton all ineffective today.

Yeates and Mills showed signs of making something happen but not quite on it.

Cassidy and Wellens introduced but with no real impact, both will need games.

Defence so so, Crewe didn't really create much either but still looked more threatening than we did.

As usual only Kelly comes out with any credit, we're in trouble if he goes anywhere in January.

Can't fault Dunn for trying different formations even to the extent of keeping three up for their corners! When do you ever see that?

Fans were a bit pathetic at the end, anybody else think that that will only drain yet more confidence from the squad? Would I try any harder just because someone was shouting abuse at me? Doubt it. No wonder players go missing.

Demoralising afternoon.

Edited by Stainrod

______

Don't underestimate the attraction of the job in football.

If Dunn went we would have a long list of applications within hours.

Listening to Dunn on gmr on the way back he is clearly lost.

If he had his way he would replace at least 10 of the squad that he clearly doesn't rate.

That's impossible to do with our budget so he will have to go.

You can't replace so many players but you can replace Dunn and Holden.

Doesn't matter how many managers we have already had we can't continue with this set up unless

we won't league 2 football.

The manager has lost all faith in the players which really leaves him little choice.

SC must replace him immediately.

The long list of applicants would be full of mediocrities with a proven record of failure. If Dunn has identified players he doesn't rate, good - he can junk them in January and bring in players he does rate. Even Kelly got a transfer window. Maybe Corney can bring some more of his mates relatives in on trial.

Fuller, Philliskirk, Higden, Fulton all ineffective today.

Yeates and Mills showed signs of making something happen but not quite on it.

Cassidy and Wellens introduced but with no real impact, both will need games.

Defence so so, Crewe didn't really create much either but still looked more threatening than we did.

As usual only Kelly comes out with any credit, we're in trouble if he goes anywhere in January.

Can't fault Dunn for trying different formations even to the extent of keeping three up for their corners! When do you ever see that?

Fans were a bit pathetic at the end, anybody else think that that will only drain yet more confidence from the squad? Would I try any harder just because someone was shouting abuse at me? Doubt it. No wonder players go missing.

Demoralising afternoon.

Spot on.

The long list of applicants would be full of mediocrities with a proven record of failure. If Dunn has identified players he doesn't rate, good - he can junk them in January and bring in players he does rate. Even Kelly got a transfer window. Maybe Corney can bring some more of his mates relatives in on trial.

What we've got incharge now doesn't even come close to being classed as mediocre

People saying were gonna go down, there's not a chance in a million years were gonna go down. Fact. The reason being I truely believe we have decent players for this league and have to much talent to face the drop over the course of 46 games.... However that just proves to me with the situation were in that it must be a coaching, management or psychological issue with the players at the mo

ffs he's been in the job a couple of months man. You just cant gel a team full of loanees and below par players, the buck lies higher up!!

They're not though. Majority of the team got us to 6th less than 12 months ago, and generally only 2 loanees start the match. A decent manager would get this team going. Responsibility for that to happen lies further up.

For what it's worth, I actually thought the tactics Dunn started with were OK.

But the confidence in the team is obviously shot to :censored: and once we missed a sitter and they scored, our tactics just became about bypassing the midfield and hoping one of the lumps up front produced something out of nothing.

People saying were gonna go down, there's not a chance in a million years were gonna go down. Fact. The reason being I truely believe we have decent players for this league and have to much talent to face the drop over the course of 46 games.... However that just proves to me with the situation were in that it must be a coaching, management or psychological issue with the players at the mo

Just a question...how can you quote 'fact'? Fancy telling me next weeks lotto numbers?

Based on Current form we are going down. That's a fact for you.

We have 26 games left we need at least 34 points which is looking increasingly unlikely. ..

Have we got that many points out of the last 26 games

Just a question...how can you quote 'fact'? Fancy telling me next weeks lotto numbers?

Based on Current form we are going down. That's a fact for you.

3, 15, 23, 25, 32, 41

We won't go down, do you truely believe we will? Corney will realise were in the :censored: come Jan, and he'll bring in more quality and we'll stay up, it might be not be fact, but it's 99.9% nailed on

3, 15, 23, 25, 32, 41

We won't go down, do you truely believe we will? Corney will realise were in the :censored: come Jan, and he'll bring in more quality and we'll stay up, it might be not be fact, but it's 99.9% nailed on

His last two manegerial appointments suggest that Corney wouldn't know quality if it sucked him off

3, 15, 23, 25, 32, 41

I prefer to work off latest form which as stands suggests we are likely to drop...do you think other teams in our position won't look to strengthen in January too?

I admire your optimism but personally after 30 odd years of ups and downs. I believe we are :censored:ed

So far we have been extremely lucky ,

over the last 46 games we would have been easily relegated .

Fortunately it has been over 2 half seasons - last season and this but we are in a downward spiral

and we need to get out of it quickly.

If Dunn and Holden can't lift the team after Tuesday's abysmal showing then it will be mission impossible after Crewe.

DD interview in the MEN:

“We’ve got nice lads that perhaps like the idea of being a footballer and maybe don’t know what it really takes.

They coast through League One, and maybe next year it will be League Two, and before they know it they will be out of the game, as that is what will happen."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-boss-says-cant-10521693