Dunn's Post Match Interview

But they've won 7 games this year for 4 managers, that's a long period of time for so many to be so below their 'form'

Think this point makes it clear that the players need to take a good look at themselves, not always the managers fault surely?

Can anyone claim that these players have not been motivated or 'man managed' properly by all four?

Edited by Stainrod

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much agree with your assessment, except Baxter Jones. We have Jones of this season not Jones of last season so Baxter wins that one.

You can't say Johnson had better players to work with either, quite a few are the same players!

I don't think the players have taken to Dunn at all, for many of the reasons us fans haven't. I don't think the players particularly respected Kelly, for obvious reasons, like the fans didn't. And I think that many of the players lost respect for Johnson after his Evans decsion, like many of us fans.

So I think our morale mirrors the players.

The problem is how deep could we be in it by the time the transfer window opens, and has Dunn got ability to get the players we need, and motivate and oprganise them?

As I have said a lot in recent weeks, a decent manager could get this lot performing. It might just be our only hope.

Having said that, I don't think you would want the present Baxter Singe.

You want to be careful with that one....I don't think we should be sacking Dunn at the moment but I reckon if we did swap with any of the managers in the top 4 we would currently be playing a lot better and have points in the bag to show for it. But of course, it is all conjecture.

It is all conjecture, but let's do it anyway!

I'd say a fair shout would be that a good manager is worth 10-12 points a season so for arguments sake we might expect to be 5-6 points better off at this stage.

That would have us about in our favourite position of 15th.

Would the dissenters be happy with that, if the football was a bit better?

Yeah, I remember being ecstatic after his first game v Doncaster.......

I was certainly optimistic about his appointment though but I don't think I stayed upbeat for long....

Feel free to show me if I posted otherwise......

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47813-ft-gillingham-3-3-oldham/?p=806667

That's the one I was on about. If that link works.

Whilst I'm linking back to happier times, I'd forgotten about Lafferty. Wonder if he's back from injury and an option for us in January? Looked decent.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47813-ft-gillingham-3-3-oldham/?p=806667

That's the one I was on about. If that link works.

Whilst I'm linking back to happier times, I'd forgotten about Lafferty. Wonder if he's back from injury and an option for us in January? Looked decent.

:censored:ing hell, I was getting giddy on the back of a 3-3 draw at Gillingham - how did it come to this?

It is all conjecture, but let's do it anyway!

I'd say a fair shout would be that a good manager is worth 10-12 points a season so for arguments sake we might expect to be 5-6 points better off at this stage.

That would have us about in our favourite position of 15th.

Would the dissenters be happy with that, if the football was a bit better?

I'm not going to go down the route of conjecture points-wise....but based on yours, as a starting point, I think nearly everyone would take the 12pts more! And expect that the players the new guy would bring in would kick us on. But folk didn't like Ronnie doing something similar so who knows with our lot.