Coventry away

It is the rule....however in 60 years of playing watching and refereeing i have never known a free kick given for it.....on the other hand I have seen the 6 second rule invoked once.

Could be my memory playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember Bobby Charlton getting booked for ungentlemanly conduct for shouting "mine"

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember Peter McDonnell dropping the ball at the feet of the opposition striker (might have been Ronnie Moore for Rotherham) when he was about to throw it out and it was a simple tap-in.

Blimey I remember him performing every comic trick in the book- I recall one dash out a wild hack at the ball- missed by a mile and landed flat on his arse.

In every game I saw him he looked a liability

Blimey I remember him performing every comic trick in the book- I recall one dash out a wild hack at the ball- missed by a mile and landed flat on his arse.

In every game I saw him he looked a liability

He might have looked a liability, but was a very good keeper who was excellent on crosses, he certainly commanded his penalty area, even his own team mates got out of the way.

He might have looked a liability, but was a very good keeper who was excellent on crosses, he certainly commanded his penalty area, even his own team mates got out of the way.

Hello BP I know you certainly saw a lot more of him than I did, seeing only Southern fixtures at the time, and I guees 137 appearances in 4 years is testamnet to some quality. I wish we had someone who commanded the area nowadays

Happy New Year to you btw