Coventry away

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ridiculous.

I'm very tempted to go in the home end if that's the case. It's hardly as though you get a good atmosphere in their away end anyway because it's all so spaced out. I can't imagine that they'll sell out either.

We should never have done the same to Southend either.

That's ridiculous.

I'm very tempted to go in the home end if that's the case. It's hardly as though you get a good atmosphere in their away end anyway because it's all so spaced out. I can't imagine that they'll sell out either.

We should never have done the same to Southend either.

I know save yourself a tenner if you go in the Coventry end. I doubt it will be a 32k sell out and I know it was obvious that the next team who we played who did an offer would not do it for us.

The Club announced recently that it was encouraging online ticket purchases instead of from BP. Can only guess it's to reduce staff costs.

Cheaper.

Still waiting for the uproar to begin on this...

Ah makes sense.

I know what you mean deyres. To be honest, with the talk of a protest against the board in another thread (which wouldn't be something I see as being particularly effective) if there's a match to do a protest against the board it could be this one, doubling up as a protest against Cov's board for the pricing for the game. An empty away end would send a message to the board without hitting the club in the pocket.

The club say it's cheaper online. Although there's a fee of £1.50 per ticket. Which makes it 50p cheaper and you either risk it going in the post, or get it yourself from the ticket office, where you could just get one in the first place.

A worthwile saving...

Edited by jsslatic

Never fail to be amazed by the outrage. Why shouldn't Coventry or anyone else charge home fans less? I imagine that their strategy is to attract occasionals and hope that they become regulars; that's hardly going to happen with away fans. Segregation is an issue perhaps (and how depressing that it is) but pricing, no.

Never fail to be amazed by the outrage. Why shouldn't Coventry or anyone else charge home fans less? I imagine that their strategy is to attract occasionals and hope that they become regulars; that's hardly going to happen with away fans. Segregation is an issue perhaps (and how depressing that it is) but pricing, no.

Of course their strategy is to attract the fairweather home fan in the hope that they come more regularly, I'm sure that's all they care about.

Doesn't mean it isn't a piss take to charge people £10 more to have a worse view, just like it was a piss take for us to charge Southend fans £17 extra to go in the Chaddy.

Of course their strategy is to attract the fairweather home fan in the hope that they come more regularly, I'm sure that's all they care about.

Doesn't mean it isn't a piss take to charge people £10 more to have a worse view, just like it was a piss take for us to charge Southend fans £17 extra to go in the Chaddy.

They paid the same price as every other away fan will.

Edited by HarryBosch

Channel 5's Football League programme on Saturday night is going to include highlights of the Cov v Latics game, instead of just the goals. I wonder how much of it will show Latics attacking.

They will have to show Latics 3 goals (how's that for optimism?)