Team vs Millwall

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainty that Cornell will play, whys that then seeing as your in the know.

The lads had 14 games

1 clean sheet

25 goals conceded

Enough said really.

If he wasn't dropped after the Southend 'performance' then he's not being dropped.

Coincidence. I first joined OWTB ( with an alternative name) when Mr Moore landed us in it and Sean Jarvis was single handledly left holding the baby....unless you acknowledge OAFCMetty's efforts at the time.

My first game was in 1958 ....all I can remember is that the opposing keeper wore a yellow jersey which my dad explained he was allowed to do because was an international.

As for Dunn I appeared to be a lone voice condemning his playing performance against Scunthorpe as embarrassing .

In short ....no agendas

Cornell is poor Joel drops the odd bollock but commands his area much better and is s good shot stopper. Cornell makes worldys every now and again but should t be first choice. Joel's clean sheet record speaks for itself I think cornell's made one and we've won one game with him in the team. Shows what a clueless dick Dunnzzzz is.

Cornell is poor Joel drops the odd bollock but commands his area much better and is s good shot stopper. Cornell makes worldys every now and again but should t be first choice. Joel's clean sheet record speaks for itself I think cornell's made one and we've won one game with him in the team. Shows what a clueless dick

Good shot stopper? That has to be taken for granted at this level. The keeper is key to the tempo the team plays at, the keeper starts more attacks than any other player in the team, the keeper takes more set pieces than any other player in the team.... You pays your money and takes your choice.

Personally I would not select a keeper who cannot kick with his left foot, is slow of thought, and repeatedly fumbles any ball which bounces close in front of him

Edited by Magister

Why pick Cornell then? His distribution is as bad as I've seen from a keeper at our level. He also struggles with the flight of a ball.

At the start of the season Coleman had let in 3 in his first 5 games looked the part and was set for a decent season has Cornell had any run like that in the team? Even when Coleman came back in he kept clean sheets and was part of our team that had back to back victories.

Edited by yarddog73

Why pick Cornell then? His distribution is as bad as I've seen from a keeper at our level. He also struggles with the flight of a ball.

At the start of the season Coleman had let in 3 in his first 5 games looked the part and was set for a decent season has Cornell had any run like that in the team? Even when Coleman came back in he kept clean sheets and was part of our team that had back to back victories.

As I have explained I would pick him like any other player in any other position because I believe him to be the better alternative. I cannot say best because I have not seen Renwick play.

You are free to disagree but the original question was, what do we think the team will be for Millwall. My answer was that Cornell is a certain starter. He will play

I'd pick Coleman and tell him he's got a run in the side. But he'll probably stick with Cornell.

... ... ... ... Coleman ... ... ... ...

Dummigan... Dieng... J Wilson... Mills

... ... Kelly ... ... Wellens ... ...

... Poleon ... Jones ... Yeates ...

... ... ... ... Cassidy ... ... ... ...

Considering he hasn't scored since MySpace was the social media outlet of choice Cassidy seems to have a strong hold on people...

Can't see Higdon staying on after his loan ends so all about trying to get as settled a side as possible for me.

Considering he hasn't scored since MySpace was the social media outlet of choice Cassidy seems to have a strong hold on people...

I'm under no illusions about what Cassidy can and can't do. We have better finishers and more proven goalscorers in our squad, but I believe that the best way to win tomorrow is to control the middle of the park early with Kelly, Jones and Wellens. So if we're playing one up front Cassidy is the best player suited to the role. He will be a nuisance to their defence and stretch them, making it easier for Higdon/Poleon/a.n.other later in the game.

Can't see Higdon staying on after his loan ends so all about trying to get as settled a side as possible for me.

He's well down the pecking order at Sheff Yoo, can't see why we wouldn't be in for him if both sides are happy.

I wonder if Cassidy might end up being one who everyone loves cos he runs around a lot, whilst scoring 6 a season.

I'm under no illusions about what Cassidy can and can't do. We have better finishers and more proven goalscorers in our squad, but I believe that the best way to win tomorrow is to control the middle of the park early with Kelly, Jones and Wellens. So if we're playing one up front Cassidy is the best player suited to the role. He will be a nuisance to their defence and stretch them, making it easier for Higdon/Poleon/a.n.other later in the game.

Cassidy will chase everything something Higdon can't due to his lack of pace, we need to be putting teams under pressure not letting them play out from the back. All the other players need to start pressing more as well. Nowhere near enough this season for my liking

He's well down the pecking order at Sheff Yoo, can't see why we wouldn't be in for him if both sides are happy.

I wonder if Cassidy might end up being one who everyone loves cos he runs around a lot, whilst scoring 6 a season.

spot on, We had fans slagging Higdon 2 minutes into his debut because he wasnt chasing from full back to full back.

Cassidy will run all day therefore he is better....despite the fact Higdon will probably score more goals in a season