Team vs Millwall

spot on, We had fans slagging Higdon 2 minutes into his debut because he wasnt chasing from full back to full back.

Cassidy will run all day therefore he is better....despite the fact Higdon will probably score more goals in a season

If Higdon was available to sign permanently he'd be in the team ahead of Cassidy all day. He's on a big wage though so can't see it happening.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassidy will chase everything something Higdon can't due to his lack of pace, we need to be putting teams under pressure not letting them play out from the back. All the other players need to start pressing more as well. Nowhere near enough this season for my liking

spot on, We had fans slagging Higdon 2 minutes into his debut because he wasnt chasing from full back to full back.

Cassidy will run all day therefore he is better....despite the fact Higdon will probably score more goals in a season

Cassidy dragging defenders around with his movement while Higdon stays central/finds good positions could work very well......

If Higdon was available to sign permanently he'd be in the team ahead of Cassidy all day. He's on a big wage though so can't see it happening.

I dont necessarily think Higdon is the answer or the right player for us, It was more a comment on the mindset of some Oldham fans. Its the reason Paul Warne was worshipped when in reality he was an average league one player

I agree though I think Dunn would sign jhim if possible.

Edited by palmer1

Cassidy dragging defenders around with his movement while Higdon stays central/finds good positions could work very well......

Very possibly but with wingers who cant cross and a manger determined to draw 0-0 will it / can it happen?

one up front again? we are at home and need to win remember

Edited by palmer1

I dont necessarily think Higdon is the answer or the right player for us, It was more a comment on the miondeset of some Oldham fans. Its the reason Paul Warne was worshipped when in reality he was an average league player

I agree though I think Dunn would sign jhim if possible.

If we can sign Higdon permanently for him to see his career out with us we absolutely should..

He's scored 5 in 9 in the worst Oldham side in my lifetime ffs......

If we can sign Higdon permanently for him to see his career out with us we absolutely should..

He's scored 5 in 9 in the worst Oldham side in my lifetime ffs......

fair comment I hadnt actually realised that. Its due to it being so shi to watch.

Id blocked his 2 against Southend out of my mind. Winning goals? we all remeber winning goals!

it feels like its been a long season already

We will be too worried about what Millwall may do to even plan for scoring goals, 4-2-3-1 is what it will be in a safety first 'I did it my way' approach by Dunn.

Expecting a defeat Saturday so anything else will be a bonus.

Edited by yarddog73

We will be too worried about what Millwall may do to even plan for scoring goals, 4-2-3-1 is what it will be in a safety first 'I did it my way' approach by Dunn.

Expecting a defeat Saturday so anything else will be a bonus.

I you're right will you be able to contain yourself till after 5pm before your first post ?

I you're right will you be able to contain yourself till after 5pm before your first post ?

Probably not if its as boring and insipid as the football I've witnessed this season, I'm pinning my hopes on the fit again Dummigan, Jones and Cassidy provoking some kind of improvement but I don't hold out much hope, Lee Gregory and Steve Morison will probably have a field day.

Cornell

Dummigan

B Wilson

J Wilson

Mills

Philliskirk

Kelly

Wellens

Jones

Yeates

Cassidy

Try to control the game from the midfield early on, bring on Higdon and Poleon for the last 20 or 30 minutes after Cassidy has ran them ragged.

Hurrah, someone has got the right team-although I would always choose Coleman

Surprised at the lack of Dieng

Would have him at Centre half over Both wilsons ATM. James wilson has been a disgrace for 10 games or so now, but I would keep him in and have Dieng J Wilson at CB

Not his biggest fan and think he's terrible in Midfield...But he's probably our best RB besides the kid from Burnley and has always looked assured at centre half.

We will concede more possession and goals with Higdon up top