He'll eat you alive

End of the game yesterday he walked round the pitch clapping the fans and banging his fist to his chest/heart.

Nice to see a former player pay respect to the fans, but seemed to be longer and more passionate than most players for what was a short and relatively undistinguished period of time in our history.

Thoughts?

End of the game yesterday he walked round the pitch clapping the fans and banging his fist to his chest/heart.

Nice to see a former player pay respect to the fans, but seemed to be longer and more passionate than most players for what was a short and relatively undistinguished period of time in our history.

Thoughts?

Its rare because unfortunatley most the time are fans treat ex players like :censored: & act like they owe us something believing they should only leave on the clubs terms.

Stil very highly thought of at Wolves, can never imagine him ever having been Championship standard but honesty and hard graft are becoming quite unique in the game these days and the fans recognise this!

Its rare because unfortunatley most the time are fans treat ex players like :censored: & act like they owe us something believing they should only leave on the clubs terms.

Most players don't make a point of applauding all sides of the ground every week they play for you.

I've no doubt he's a nice bloke, but he's a better showman.

Most players don't make a point of applauding all sides of the ground every week they play for you.

I've no doubt he's a nice bloke, but he's a better showman.

He should go in to sales once his career is over, knows his market, understands his customers and makes the effort to show that he appreciates them. It really doesn't take much for a player to get a crowd on side, wave a bit, look committed and make the effort off the pitch. Job done.

He should go in to sales once his career is over, knows his market, understands his customers and makes the effort to show that he appreciates them. It really doesn't take much for a player to get a crowd on side, wave a bit, look committed and make the effort off the pitch. Job done.

Precisely. Show you are dedicated to the cause for sixty seconds a week and you'll get the crowd eating out of the palm of your hand.

Very cynical, the lot of you...

He played the last 15 minutes with an injured hammy on Saturday - if he did that for us we'd be calling him a hero, and rightly so. There's more dedication to this supposed 'image' he garners (or contrives, according to some) than just clapping four (or three in our case when he was here) sides of a football ground.

His personality is authentic, and I respect him for that. What does make me respect a player less is when they make some flippant Twitter about how 'great the fans were today ??✊?' after every match, even if it was a morgue, and cringe when said fans lap it up...

Precisely. Show you are dedicated to the cause for sixty seconds a week and you'll get the crowd eating out of the palm of your hand.

Bizarrely, Dunn would have been like this had he been playing these last few months rather than managing :lol:

Very cynical, the lot of you...

He played the last 15 minutes with an injured hammy on Saturday - if he did that for us we'd be calling him a hero, and rightly so. There's more dedication to this supposed 'image' he garners (or contrives, according to some) than just clapping four (or three in our case when he was here) sides of a football ground.

His personality is authentic, and I respect him for that. What does make me respect a player less is when they make some flippant Twitter about how 'great the fans were today ✊' after every match, even if it was a morgue, and cringe when said fans lap it up...

I agree. He always seems very genuine to me. Not the most gifted player but his attitude can't be questionned.

To be fair he couldn't go off as they'd already made their 3 subs and didn't want to play with ten men.

If they still had a sub left he'd have gone off.......and applauded all 4 stands.

He's not a lot of skill but he plays with something 90% of our squad haven't got. Passion

Always thought he was a decent player, had a good pass on him and stuck his head in were it hurt, think he got stitches for us.

Also chipped in with a few important goals, think he was our highest goalscorer in dec'14.

But, it was the acknowledgment of the fans for me, doesn't take a lot does it? Just shows you what a bit of acknowledgment can do to boost us fans. Win, lose or draw he always did it and that is what I'll remember about Big G.

To be fair he couldn't go off as they'd already made their 3 subs and didn't want to play with ten men.

If they still had a sub left he'd have gone off.......and applauded all 4 stands.

He's not a lot of skill but he plays with something 90% of our squad haven't got. Passion

He should have gone off - he was getting in the way of their attacking movement and not adding anything.

people keep saying if we had a couple of players with George's attitude we wouldnt be where we are...

take a look who George currently plays for and ask why they sit below us in the league?

nice fella....average footballer just like the current Oldham 11

Edited by palmer1

people keep saying if we had a couple of players with George's attitude we wouldnt be where we are...

take a look who George currently plays for and ask why they sit below us in the league?

You can come across as a miserable sod.

But tend to substantiate your point well.

Exactly. My only issue is your last paragraph. He's not an average footballer. He's :censored:e...

Obviously not a similar character but I always thought there was something Branstonesque about the way he eyed the play up before playing a hopeless long ball. Obviously George chipped it in a slow predictable arc to give the defender time to be ready to clatter our bloke instead of just kicking it as hard as he could