crowdfunding survey

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Basically crowdfunding is when you ask people to "invest". It's popular for tech items because you basically buy the first models but they get the money up front and can gauge demand. you'd get benefits dpeending on levels of investment.

but it has a wider range, people even use it to get domations for a holiday or something!

It allows for smaller investment without a shareholding.

In essence, myFootball at Ebbsfleet was a form of crowdfunding, but not using the Crowdfunging.org platform. That is basiccaly poeple searching for things to invest it.

In our case,as a guess, it might work something like this:

Invest £50 and we will put your name in the programme as spsonser for Rhys Murphy's socks

Invest £100 and we will put your name by Rhys Purphy's shirt in the programme.

Invest £750 and we will give you a golden brick in the new stand.

Invest £5,000 and we will give you a free season ticket and you can sit ont he bench for a game.

Obviosuly those are random and guessed.

EDIT

£6m and you get to choose your own manager.....

Edited by singe

Isn't this just another version of playershare?

Of sorts but for a different project. Some options they asked if you'd like to contribute to where...

Youth investment

Scoreboard

Statue of legend

Big screen in ground

Disabled Facilities

And some more options....

Really poor timing from the club as it could be a really good idea for Latics, but with all the I'll feeling at the moment I can't see them receiving much of a response from this.

I've filled it in though.

I disagree.

Things are :censored: but it appears somebody might be "thinking outside the box" (I :censored:ing hate that phrase).

I've said before we should try and do an Oviedo before somebody else does...

What does the email say ?

Dear Supporter,

We have commissioned a survey of supporters related to crowd-funding, and have attached a link below. The survey is self explanatory, very short and will take only two minutes to complete, but will provide us with very useful information moving forward. We would be grateful if you are therefore able to participate.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZzNC1yf03b04YcXYJuO_crrxSufhNEivjN3G-H_9B0o/viewform?usp=send_form

Many thanks

Mark Moisley

Commercial Director

For and on behalf of Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Limited

What does the email say ?

Dear Supporter,

We have commissioned a survey of supporters related to crowd-funding, and have attached a link below. The survey is self explanatory, very short and will take only two minutes to complete, but will provide us with very useful information moving forward. We would be grateful if you are therefore able to participate.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZzNC1yf03b04YcXYJuO_crrxSufhNEivjN3G-H_9B0o/viewform?usp=send_form

Many thanks

Mark Moisley

Commercial Director

For and on behalf of Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Limited

I'm not totally against this idea, with certain reservations. I put disabled facilities and fanzone but I'm really not sure what's in Corney's mind. Basically, what with the timing and everything, they might as well have put "Manager" as one of the options. I don't know which manager pissed Corney off or why but he's obviously thought to himself, "I'm not paying those :censored: so much as a brass farthing ever again."

It's more sophisticated than a bucket shake but I'd rather the Trust rather than the club ran any crowdfunding venture - for the sake of the club's reputation.

I'm not totally against this idea, with certain reservations. I put disabled facilities and fanzone but I'm really not sure what's in Corney's mind. Basically, what with the timing and everything, they might as well have put "Manager" as one of the options. I don't know which manager pissed Corney off or why but he's obviously thought to himself, "I'm not paying those :censored: so much as a brass farthing ever again."

It's more sophisticated than a bucket shake but I'd rather the Trust rather than the club ran any crowdfunding venture - for the sake of the club's reputation.

It's interesting that Youth Academy is on there, I'd asked Underdog to ask if PLayershare could look at funding Youth Players to make the grade if there was a pressure on numbers.

I'd agree the Trust supporting the Youth Academy through playershare or a sperate playershare I'd agree with.

:

Edited by singe

Crowdfunding isn't what we need right now - it won't work for us (a) because the crowd is dwindling by the day, (B) going to a match is already an expensive enough pasttime, and © any extra cash to be bled out of supporters is already going to playershare.

I think it's a non-runner before it goes any further than this survey.

Interesting.

Basically crowdfunding is when you ask people to "invest". It's popular for tech items because you basically buy the first models but they get the money up front and can gauge demand. you'd get benefits dpeending on levels of investment.

but it has a wider range, people even use it to get domations for a holiday or something!

It allows for smaller investment without a shareholding.

In essence, myFootball at Ebbsfleet was a form of crowdfunding, but not using the Crowdfunging.org platform. That is basiccaly poeple searching for things to invest it.

In our case,as a guess, it might work something like this:

Invest £50 and we will put your name in the programme as spsonser for Rhys Murphy's socks

Invest £100 and we will put your name by Rhys Purphy's shirt in the programme.

Invest £750 and we will give you a golden brick in the new stand.

Invest £5,000 and we will give you a free season ticket and you can sit ont he bench for a game.

Obviosuly those are random and guessed.

EDIT

£6m and you get to choose your own manager.....

How much do the directors invest?

Of sorts but for a different project. Some options they asked if you'd like to contribute to where...

Youth investment

Scoreboard

Statue of legend

Big screen in ground

Disabled Facilities

And some more options....

If a crowdfunding campaign was run for your club, what should the money be spent on? *

• Stadium improvement (e.g. new stand, pitch, roof etc.)
  • Training Facilities
  • Youth Academy
  • Fan Zone
  • Disabled Access
  • Improvements to player dressing rooms / facilities
  • Big screen in stadium
  • Scoreboard
  • Statue of club legend
  • Wi-Fi in stadium
  • Other:

I disagree.

Things are :censored: but it appears somebody might be "thinking outside the box" (I :censored:ing hate that phrase).

There's that as well. Now I think about it, I could get behind crowdfunding. I definitely don't want the moment's cynicism to strangle a good medium-term idea.

What I was thinking the other day at Boundary Park is that lower league football is a :censored: simulacra of premier league football. You go along, you pay a bloody fortune at the turnstile. You sit in your seat. You have an opportunity to buy a can of Guinness for (London prices) at half time. You go back to your seat. There's no real commitment to the club or the team. You're just doing a series of transactions.

It's different for ST holders. That's an investment. Crowdfunding that deepens the commitment of your casual fan without costing a fortune might be a winner.

Never heard of it but filled it in to show interest.

My first thought was 'is this a potential nice little earner for some third party '?

No It's really not. That's the point, the money goes direct, that is the concept. Of course the sites hosting wil make a bit but it is buttons, it relies on the numbers. Anyway, as can be sseen by the question which you have heard of, we have not decided any yet, if it happens.

I disagree.

True, and intersesting.

How is Oviedo, which I admire, different from MyFootball at Gravesend and Northfleet though?

True, and intersesting.

How is Oviedo, which I admire, different from MyFootball at Gravesend and Northfleet though?

I don't know the ins and outs of how they did it so much more successfully but it appears that they did....

I suppose the Oviedo angle was for football fans around the world to help save a great old club from going bust (I hesitate to post this in case it gives someone an idea)

Edited by HarryBosch