Bradford (A)

And another team takes their place.

Is it not just the team in 20th place which we need to better? Why specifically Blackpool?

Are they now the only team we have to play them twice? We should be looking at dragging them back into the relegation battle

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult to play the referee as well as the opposition, he's had an absolute shocker.

Brown's challenge was never a red in a million years, it wasn't even 2 footed and he won the ball, I would have been very disappointed to see him given a yellow for that.

When I see decisions as blatantly bad as that, I always think the ref has either had a bet or has been given a backhander, the only way I can see to explain it.

On the plus side I thought we battled really hard with 10 men for such a long time, certainly no lack of effort.

We really need a goalkeeper in on loan, the goal was really soft, defender far to easily out jumped at the far post and a soft tame header just loops into an empty net with Coleman out of position just stood watching it loop over him.

We also need a far more effective striking option than Cassidy to play alongside Murphy up front.

Just watched the replay, soft goal to concede.

The corner we had at the end, why was there no one on the edge of the box on the side Jones was taking the corner from? Seen it happen during other games as well, the opposition have cleared it into that space every time.

This. Murphy is clearly a player whose all round game is poor. Hopefully he will continue to score so it won't matter.

Utter rubbish.

He is very clever and makes some great flicks and passes - today he often found passes go astray of him, whether behind him or ahead of him. Plus he is made to work with a complete donkey, whose hold up play he puts to shame...

Jj Wass Fantastic away support. You made all the noise and out sung us all game. Good luck in the rest of the season. Bradford City fan!

When we ditched the very bizarre chants (Oldham play in blue and white and Palace replicas) it was a good atmosphere. Funnily enough, it was when the good chants that everybody knows started getting a go...

Utter rubbish.

He is very clever and makes some great flicks and passes - today he often found passes go astray of him, whether behind him or ahead of him. Plus he is made to work with a complete donkey, whose hold up play he puts to shame...

All of that is irrelevant. When he did get the ball today he cocked it up

If we are going to play 3-5-2 then one of the 5 needs to be a proper winger. At times it was more like 5-3-2. Lafferty/Mills and Dummigan are not going to go and beat 2/3 players and stick the ball in the box.

First half, looked like Winchester was the only one willing to beat someone and move forwards. What could of been 1 pass, turned into 4/5. Few occasions where two players passed it to each other 2/3 times each being 5 yards apart due to little movement from the wings.

Despite being 6ft 2 Cassidy wins absolutely nothing in the air and is to slow to beat players on his own. Think he won it once in the air today.

Never a red card, case of recklessness then it should of been a yellow, won the ball. Did he even touch Reid?

Reid's challenge on Winchester from behind was more of a red card.

Defence looked better today, Coleman had a few dodgy kicks and punched one away when he could of caught it. Not to sure what happened with their goal, did it loop over Coleman? Need to see a replay.

Another loss, however that was more down to a :censored: ref rather than individual/collective errors. Formation needs working on for when attacking. Looks more positive going forward though.

Didnt Winchester play his first game at right back, maybe he could fit into the wing back role?

Pity the lad in the youths Mantack Isn't quite ready yet, he can bomb forward.

Edited by BP1960

All of that is irrelevant. When he did get the ball today he cocked it up

True. But when the passes you get are rushed and there are no options available it's a lot harder.

He might of done a bit better if Cassidy could win a few of the long balls.

It's annoying to see the same myths trotted out every time. 'Winchester doesn't run or head' or 'Murphy only finishes'.

Simply not true.

I'm not saying "Murphy only finishes". You can't defend Murphy's performance on poor service today. It was a poor performance due to the fact he couldn't control the ball on numerous occasions which would have given us a chance at goal. There's no myth in that.

Never a sending off - not in a million years.

If Cornell had been in goal he'd be (rightly) slated for that goal. No professional keeper should be conceding a goal like that.

It's a shocking goal. How many times do we concede because no one takes control? Dieng and Coleman seem to leave it to each other.

Didnt Winchester play his first game at right back, maybe he could fit into the wing back role?

Pity the lad in the youths Mantack Isn't quite ready yet, he can bomb forward.

Can't see him being to perform that role. Forte or Poleon are our best options for it at the minute, aslong as they don't have any defensive duties.

3-4-3 might give us more options going forward, whilst retaining defensive shape.

I'm not saying "Murphy only finishes". You can't defend Murphy's performance on poor service today. It was a poor performance due to the fact he couldn't control the ball on numerous occasions which would have given us a chance at goal. There's no myth in that.

Perhaps the case today but the original post I quoted was talking about generally, which is total garbage if you've watched the previous three games.

Can't see him being to perform that role. Forte or Poleon are our best options for it at the minute, aslong as they don't have any defensive duties.

3-4-3 might give us more options going forward, whilst retaining defensive shape.

A wing-back with no defensive duties...?

Perhaps the case today but the original post I quoted was talking about generally, which is total garbage if you've watched the previous three games.

I have seen the previous games and I'm not one to get carried away. I personally think he suits a team that creates chances (and we don't), so we will see how he gets on in the next few weeks

I have seen the previous games and I'm not one to get carried away. I personally think he suits a team that creates chances (and we don't), so we will see how he gets on in the next few weeks

Murphy might get 8 goals between now and May, we will probably still be waiting on Cassidy getting to that many this time next year, I know who I am picking.

For the love of God, can we fudge the fudging shivving drum off please? I'm all for the Athelticos commitment but it completely kills any atmosphere. Unless you're singing a song which is overpowered by a drum no one bothered joining in. And they sing some right tripe songs

It's annoying to see the same myths trotted out every time. 'Winchester doesn't run or head' or 'Murphy only finishes'.

Simply not true.

They get trotted out because you cannot see these things in a football game and you post incessant rubbish on here 24/7 thereby causing a reply!

See you have done it again!

It's a shocking goal. How many times do we concede because no one takes control? Dieng and Coleman seem to leave it to each other.

a lot of things in that match where people didn't take control. Too many people expecting others to do something. Happened first half with Wilson and Winchester both leaving to each other and second half where J Wilson left it for Lafferty and the guy got a shot off.

Coleman also stopped Hanson through 1 on 1, and blocked Devante Cole front post by chucking himself in. He's young and inexperienced, mistakes will be made. His distribution needs massive work but I like the way he's always looking to offload as soon as he gets it and pushing us forward, even if it doesn't always come off.