Peter Shirtlif

Whether he was first choice or not it looks like a good appointment to me. Loads of experience and good at sorting a defence out.

We could really benefit from him instilling the tough, uncompromising attitude he displayed as a defender in to our back four.

How anyone can make any sort of meaningful assessment of an Assistant Manager is beyond me, it depends on so many variables, even for a Horton or Kevin Russell.

If Russell had not been named, we'd have been none the wiser.

Shez said he had a couple of options, so was hedging his bets from the off. I donlt think you should ever gives hints and never as much info, just in case.

It means we ain't got a pot to piss in and are probably paying him buttons.

Maybe his basic salary is quite low but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a hefty (well - as hefty as Latics can get) 'staying up bonus' in his and Sheridan's contracts.

Edited by laticsrblue

The platform was full of Oldham fans and they saw me and started singing: Dean Holdens blue and white army! The other passengers were looking at me. At that moment, I was the proudest man in the world to be Oldham boss - so thanks for the opportunity.

The platform was full of Oldham fans and they saw me and started singing: Dean Holdens blue and white army! The other passengers were looking at me. At that moment, I was the proudest man in the world to be Oldham boss - so thanks for the opportunity.

I saw that article on Facebook. I felt a bit sorry for him after reading it. Glad he's gone from a 'fresh start' perspective but I think too many of our problems have been attributed to him.

Reading that, it's clear he gave a :censored: at least.

I saw that article on Facebook. I felt a bit sorry for him after reading it. Glad he's gone from a 'fresh start' perspective but I think too many of our problems have been attributed to him.

Exactly. He was :censored: but he did give a :censored:. When a team has a bad run of results a lot of fans assume that managers, coaches, players don't care but 99% obviously do.

Exactly. He was :censored: but he did give a :censored:. When a team has a bad run of results a lot of fans assume that managers, coaches, players don't care but 99% obviously do.

I love my company and care about its future but if I'm not effective at my job to get the most out of team then I expect the sack.

I feel sorry for Dean as he's a genuine, hardworking chap most likely with a mortgage and commitments without the footballers millions in the bank.

I genuinely hope he gets another role in the industry he loves but an exit from my club was needed.

I've stopped following Dunn on social media because people full of self pity and who blame others does my head in

Edited by Midsblue

Dunn's grown on me a bit since he went & I feel a bit sorry for him too but it doesn't change the fact they both did a terrible job while they were here, difficult circumstances or not.

We've not seen any similar victimhood from Shez yet.

In fact he's already said "the honeymoon's over now, we need to win games" in his latest Latics Player interview..

Dunn's grown on me a bit since he went & I feel a bit sorry for him too but it doesn't change the fact they both did a terrible job while they were here, difficult circumstances or not.

We've not seen any similar victimhood from Shez yet.

In fact he's already said "the honeymoon's over now, we need to win games" in his latest Latics Player interview..

You must not look at Dunn's twitter