Peter Shirtlif

This is what I like to hear:

'MANSFIELD Town this morning sacked manager Peter Shirtliff midway through his first full season in charge and put assistant Paul Holland in temporary charge.

Shirtliff took over from Carlton Palmer in September 2005 and quickly turned around the club's fortunes, dragging them from the relegation battle towards the fringes of the Play-off spots for a time.'

With tradition we manage to spell his name wrong when posting the announcement, its Peter Shirtliff.

No nonsense centre half in his day, not sure what he brings to the table but the appointment is probably a reflection of where the clubs at.

It had 3 f's at first then I accidentally deleted one more than I should. I should be hung drawn and quartered

With tradition we manage to spell his name wrong when posting the announcement, its Peter Shirtliff.

No nonsense centre half in his day, not sure what he brings to the table but the appointment is probably a reflection of where the clubs at.

Strange comment which means what, exactly? Care to elaborate?

For what it's worth, I can see him sorting the defence out in a way that DH could never have done. Welcome to Ice Station Zebra, Mr Shirtliff with two fs. I imagine someone will soon turn that into ffs.

Sounds like a good addition. Can't see players getting away with much nonsense with him and Shez around.

Another Wednesday legend, part of the 1991 promotion and League Cup winning side with Shez.

Unless it's down the pub. Then it's come as you like Fridays!

Strange comment which means what, exactly? Care to elaborate?

For what it's worth, I can see him sorting the defence out in a way that DH could never have done. Welcome to Ice Station Zebra, Mr Shirtliff with two fs. I imagine someone will soon turn that into ffs.

It means we ain't got a pot to piss in and are probably paying him buttons.

JS is quoted on the website as saying that the new assistant isn't available for Saturday's game.

I didn't think he was currently employed by a club and last I heard Saturday wasn't a signing-on day at the Job Centre so why the absence from BP (sorry SportsDirect.com thingammyjig)

JS is quoted on the website as saying that the new assistant isn't available for Saturday's game.

I didn't think he was currently employed by a club and last I heard Saturday wasn't a signing-on day at the Job Centre so why the absence from BP (sorry SportsDirect.com thingammyjig)

He's booked a dirty weekend away with his mistress.

Bamboozled us in the contract negotiations so that he's entitled to time & half at weekends so we've stood him down.