James Wilson

Whilst the goal Saturday for me is down to a Wilson error, it doesn't mean Coleman is not dodgy.

Like all keepers at a league club you would hope they are there because of some basic ability. Coleman and Cornell have both produced good saves, unfortunately they are both prone to drop mega dropped bollox. Unfortunately too often, which when a keeper makes these it results in goals against.

I will accept Coleman can improve due to age, however I have a major doubt this will happen. He does too many unorthodox moves which for me is down to judgement.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst the goal Saturday for me is down to a Wilson error, it doesn't mean Coleman is not dodgy.

Like all keepers at a league club you would hope they are there because of some basic ability. Coleman and Cornell have both produced good saves, unfortunately they are both prone to drop mega dropped bollox. Unfortunately too often, which when a keeper makes these it results in goals against.

I will accept Coleman can improve due to age, however I have a major doubt this will happen. He does too many unorthodox moves which for me is down to judgement.

This for me. His judgement is poor which leads to indecision and ultimately mistakes. He needs a top coach to actively work with him if he has any chance of becoming a decent keeper. Age is on his side but he has to learn quickly.

This for me. His judgement is poor which leads to indecision and ultimately mistakes. He needs a top coach to actively work with him if he has any chance of becoming a decent keeper. Age is on his side but he has to learn quickly.

Agreed with this ref a top coach.

The keeper coach at the moment if I'm not mistaken hasn't played at a decent level and doubles up as a fitness coach. You can coach technique, agility etc but there is no replacement to being taught by someone who has played at a decent level and had to deal with mistakes. To have this experience to teach the younger keepers would be invaluable and make such a big difference. Let the other lad stick with the fitness stuff and get a more experienced coach in specifically for the keepers!

Agreed with this ref a top coach.

The keeper coach at the moment if I'm not mistaken hasn't played at a decent level and doubles up as a fitness coach. You can coach technique, agility etc but there is no replacement to being taught by someone who has played at a decent level and had to deal with mistakes. To have this experience to teach the younger keepers would be invaluable and make such a big difference. Let the other lad stick with the fitness stuff and get a more experienced coach in specifically for the keepers!

How do you teach agility? You are either agile or you're not!