James Wilson

He didn't give a shout though did he, so clear the ball. Funny how dieng and Lafferty both had a word with Wilson and neither with Coleman. Coleman actually stepped out to the left waiting for Wilson to head the ball back to him. Coleman should have shouted but didn't. So if there's no shout what should the defender do. Clear the fooking ball.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Hate saying this about one of our players but he's a coward. Soft as sh t - all opposing centre forwards know it - should never be seen in a Latics shirt again - drop him, cancel his contract mutually - whatever - just ensure he never plays for us again.

For his age, size and experience, Dieng is doing well. He has to mark bigger and stronger forwards every game yet strives to deal with them in the air and on the deck.

Get off his back, just because Wilson and Lafferty leak a sieve!

JW is a much better player when alongside an organiser like Lockwood type.

Dieng is so weak he's a waste of time and that in turn makes JW worse.

I think they could both play well with a leader, but at this stage I'd be happy enough getting rid of Wilson and keep Dieng to partner the new centre back.

Undoubtedly Wilson should have cleared the ball and Coleman would have expected him to do so. This made Coleman look bad and probably undermined his performance. However Wilson seemed to have recovered his former poise at the Bradford game and with support he can do a good job for us. WHAT WE NEED IS AN EXPERIENCED CENTRE HALF WHO CAN ORGANISE OUR DEFENCE. However much money is available it should be spent, all of it if necessary, on an experienced centre half who can organise our defence. Once Bury were in front everything changes.

Should have been subbed at half time.

It's boys against men every week because we have no strength. We look alright stringing a few pitty-patty passes together but it ultimately leads to a backwards pass. We're just not threatening enough.

How many teams have been 8 points from safety at this point and survived?

This team needs bolstering, we knew that, it's now a question whether we can bring in the quality needed to complete another great escape, the points are there and unlike being 8 points from challenging for promotion, the team's around us will drop plenty of points before the season's out, it's not impossible, but I'm not optimistic, then again, I picked us for relegation from the start, our time has come I think.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Guest nonaenever

Undoubtedly Wilson should have cleared the ball and Coleman would have expected him to do so. This made Coleman look bad and probably undermined his performance. However Wilson seemed to have recovered his former poise at the Bradford game and with support he can do a good job for us. WHAT WE NEED IS AN EXPERIENCED CENTRE HALF WHO CAN ORGANISE OUR DEFENCE. However much money is available it should be spent, all of it if necessary, on an experienced centre half who can organise our defence. Once Bury were in front everything changes.

Sorry can't agree - Wilson is appalling at centre half - soft as sh t - get rid - see better than him regularly in the amateur game - at least they have a bit of bottle

What a fall from grace for the lad, I thought at one point he'd be our next good money sale, you'd struggle to give him away now.

Not the only one. The regression has been startling for a number.

Wilson is perhaps the worst, Mills can't be far behind, Turner hasn't developed on what he showed and as little as I like to admit it, Winchester is up there among Jones with those who seem to be a shadow of their former self. Add that to the loss of Forte, the absence of Murphy and the dreadful recruitment in the summer and you're asking for a fall.

Comparing James Wilson's poor performances to cancer :censored:ing stinks.

He's not comparing his performance to cancer he's saying his affect on the team is as :censored: as cancer. Not great choice of words but you're looking for attention same as when you tried to get Gordon Taylor sacked for doing his job.

He's not comparing his performance to cancer he's saying his affect on the team is as :censored: as cancer. Not great choice of words but you're looking for attention same as when you tried to get Gordon Taylor sacked for doing his job.

You would not know why I detest the glib use of the phrase, rather than just think it is not a great choice of words.

Guest nonaenever

If it wasn't for my blind loyalty I would actually boycott games until Wilson left - he's that bad. I`ll be at Shrewsbury supporting as ever but his attitude and utterly terrible performances just can't carry on can they? Shez is no mug - he won't be around for long.