The 2 Defining Moments of our "Mini Season" - Blackpool Away

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Shez was right to say we effectively had a mini season within a mini league to save ourselves. I have analysed time and time again the 2 glaring misses by Murphy and Main last night:-

1) Murphy basically ':censored:s out' - IF he throws himself at that cross - it's a goal - certain. He might have clattered the post as a result but so what? The fact he doesn't launch himself at the ball speaks volumes about him IMO and he's really gone down in my estimation as a result. We need fighters for the cause please.

2) Main just has to wait one second more, NOT jump and basically let the ball 'hit his head' and guide it in - either that or the defender will clatter him from behind and it will be a penalty.

Poor Shez will have sleepless nights over those 2 misses. Had either or both gone in, it would have given us tremendous momentum and I think we would have just stayed up. Now, I`m not so sure.

Fine, fine margins but gut wrenching stuff.

Main is probably short of match fitness - if he'd headed the ball into the far corner instead of straight ahead he would have scored. Hopefully it is rustiness and not incompetence. As for Murphy, he seems to have gone backwards after regaining his confidence. Poor Shez - he's been given a difficult job with little money!

I still feel really positive after the last few games.

Winchester is shooting more.

Forte looks like he's getting sharper.

Murphy is getting into good areas.

The full backs are getting forwards.

The midfield is moving the ball faster and moving the ball forwards.

Admittedly we should have put those chances away last night to take the pressure off but 5 points from 3 aways is more than satisfactory as long as we amass 6 or 7 from the next 3 homes and continue that until the season's end.

That would average out at roughly 2 points a game, more than enough to stay up even allowing for 3 defeats.

I'm fairly confident we can continue to pick up a few points away from home it's whether or not we can turn the home form around and win a few!!

Puzzled by some of the negativity around recent performances. It is clear there has been progress, particularly in defending, and hopefully that progress will continue as we sort out the attacking

Win Saturday, as I expect us to, and we will have 8 points from 4 games including 3 away games. That's auto promotion form.

I didn't think he played particularly well but there was a moment of class in the second half where Murphy let the ball roll across his body and spun the centre back on the edge of their box. Unfortunately he couldn't get a shot away after it due to poor anticipation or a bobble (dependent on the side you're arguing for).

I was going to say I can't believe the :censored: directed at Murphy on here but sadly I can. Reminiscent of the garbage written about Rooney when he was here.

He's the best striker at the club by a mile, if we play to his strengths he just might score the goals to keep us up

I didn't think he played particularly well but there was a moment of class in the second half where Murphy let the ball roll across his body and spun the centre back on the edge of their box. Unfortunately he couldn't get a shot away after it due to poor anticipation or a bobble (dependent on the side you're arguing for).

JS will see this and will stick with him in my opinion.

Dunn, and even Johnson, would be panicking and changing it every week whereas Shez will be telling Murphy if he keeps at it it'll come...