Strikers

Guest nonaenever

Shez was always going to struggle to get a decent striker in - any decent ones were already established at their clubs by the time we appointed him. He is going to have to get the best out of what he has available - fight to stay up and then have a clearout and re-assessment at the end of the season. What the team needs now is SUPPORT - I`ve been saying it for a while - little else we can influence - just needs the body of people that is Latics fans to get behind the club.

Although prone to giving away the odd gift goal the most worrying aspect is the lack of goals from the strikers.

Is it all about the strikers? I agree, they never look convincing, but the service is not great. How many chances do we create? How many sitters do we miss? Not many. I think it's a mixture (and i'd include the lack of forward running from midfield), and that's actually worse. It means we're just crap in every respect.

The team just need 100% support and Tuesday a critical game for both sides. A win for Latics sets them up nicely a defeat unthinkable. A draw almost as bad but not terminal.

Need some luck as well.

We will get some of that between now and the end of the season. Probably 3 or 4 points worth. People don't seem to factor that in....

Shez was always going to struggle to get a decent striker in - any decent ones were already established at their clubs by the time we appointed him.

Sorry but that's nonsense. We had Higdon, he was scoring. If he couldn't bring any decent strikers in the alternative isn't signing ones who can't score. By the looks of today he's added another to his collection.

Shez was always going to struggle to get a decent striker in - any decent ones were already established at their clubs by the time we appointed him.

Sorry but that's nonsense. We had Higdon, he was scoring. If he couldn't bring any decent strikers in the alternative isn't signing ones who can't score. By the looks of today he's added another to his collection.

...on the basis of 31 minutes of action?

I think it's fair to look at the previous records of players to a certain extent, but it's often the mentality of the team they play in (we've seen players leave us and then go on to have decent goal scoring records that we wouldn't have expected).

As a team, we don't move forward in numbers of at pace very often. We are pedestrian and causious and if gives teams time to organise.

Trying to think back, and a fair number of our recent goals have come from set plays. How many from open attacking football?

Not an easy problem to fix though.

I think it's fair to look at the previous records of players to a certain extent, but it's often the mentality of the team they play in (we've seen players leave us and then go on to have decent goal scoring records that we wouldn't have expected).

As a team, we don't move forward in numbers of at pace very often. We are pedestrian and causious and if gives teams time to organise.

Trying to think back, and a fair number of our recent goals have come from set plays. How many from open attacking football?

Not an easy problem to fix though.

A fair assessment, and with many still ingrained with the backwards/sideways passing game it will take next season before Shez gets the type of

players to change the style of play, he can only work with what he's got at present.

hopefully, we will still be in this division to apply it next season.

Edited by BP1960