Kick off times

As we are all aware, there are Latics fans all over the world. Most of them are like me and get up/stay up at all hours to listen to Latics Player.

Its a bit of a pain for the 3pm kickoffs when the clocks go back as the games kick off at 1am Sunday morning here in Australia which usually writes me off for Sunday.

The 7:45 kick offs are great. I normally get up at 5, so an extra 15 minutes earlier doesnt make much difference and when the clocks go back, I usually listen to the second half on my way to work.

The Burton game was fantastic. A 10pm kick off, already half cut and it is still not too late to still scream and shout. I also re-discovered Sunday!

What was the 12pm kick off time like for you lot over there?

Would it be something that you could do all the time?

One of my mates said it was great as he still managed to get things done in the afternoon which kept him in the good books with the missus.

AFL and NRL games are played at different times over the Friday, weekend and Monday; largely to accommodate Western Australia, but now that they are global entities, they kick off at weird times to suit international TV schedules.

12pm kick off worked for me and I would be happy if all games kicked off at 12. What could possibly go wrong?

Does it warrant a poll Singe?

Edited by L1onheartNew

If the armchair fan is sat at home on his/her fat arse all day then they should work round the times that suit the paying spectators rather than the other way round. And no I'm not a contributor to the Murdoch empire.

It constantly amazes me when supporters of smaller clubs moan about the Premier League and Sky ruining it for us but actually subscribe to watch the matches!

If the armchair fan is sat at home on his/her fat arse all day then they should work round the times that suit the paying spectators rather than the other way round. And no I'm not a contributor to the Murdoch empire.

Fair call, I have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years, 17 of those spent living in oz. I subscribe to Latics player. Don't take my armchair!

Fair call, I have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years, 17 of those spent living in oz. I subscribe to Latics player. Don't take my armchair!

Damn - I'm actually up in Brisbane right now for work - I should have door knocked, raided your whiskey / rum selection and availed myself of your Latics player subscription ..... maybe next time :latics:

Damn - I'm actually up in Brisbane right now for work - I should have door knocked, raided your whiskey / rum selection and availed myself of your Latics player subscription ..... maybe next time :latics:

That's all good but the armchair stays!

Where in God's country are you?

Chermside - hotel - 6 floors up on a balcony overlooking a shopping centre carpark - kicking back with a bottle of whiskey plenty of ice and a lot of study notes in front of me that just ain't getting looked at, missing the wife and kids and can't wait to get back home.

Back on subject - surprised there is not more variation on kick-off times to allow for more TV access. But having said that I guess If I was back in Oldham I would be spitting chips if they started messing with kick off times.

It constantly amazes me when supporters of smaller clubs moan about the Premier League and Sky ruining it for us but actually subscribe to watch the matches!

And if you want to watch cricket ? Or other sports that aren't on terrestrial?

Life isn't as simplistic as you paint it

I am also in Oz and have to write off my Sundays when staying up to listen to LP.

But there is always the other side of the coin. When I lived in the USA, the kick off was 10am Saturday morning. That was great. I could listen to LP and still have Saturday afternoons free.

I know that one Latics fan lived in Toronto for a while, and I and sure he enjoyed 3pm kick offs.

It is just that we in Oz get the rough end of the timeline.

I am also in Oz and have to write off my Sundays when staying up to listen to LP.

But there is always the other side of the coin. When I lived in the USA, the kick off was 10am Saturday morning. That was great. I could listen to LP and still have Saturday afternoons free.

I know that one Latics fan lived in Toronto for a while, and I and sure he enjoyed 3pm kick offs.

It is just that we in Oz get the rough end of the timeline.

Where in Melbourne are you Ex-pat?

Chermside - hotel - 6 floors up on a balcony overlooking a shopping centre carpark - kicking back with a bottle of whiskey plenty of ice and a lot of study notes in front of me that just ain't getting looked at, missing the wife and kids and can't wait to get back home.

Back on subject - surprised there is not more variation on kick-off times to allow for more TV access. But having said that I guess If I was back in Oldham I would be spitting chips if they started messing with kick off times.

That apparently is officially the biggest Westfield in Australia. Used to live up that way 15 years ago. Then we moved South of the river.

I remember pegging off school for the Cambridge game once. IIRC, that was a bizarre kick off time

Used to drive through that junction twice a day every day. Lived in Camberwell, worked in Kilsyth

Camberwell. Almost next door.

I had a mate that worked in Kilsyth for Kenilworth Trucks.