Kick off times

Once a year, rotating states...

:censored:, I hope in not done in alphabetical order. Cos Victoria will be second last, and I don't know if I can afford all the airfares, before it is my turn to catch a tram.

I sense the beginnings of an OASISH supporters club...

Casting my mind back to the early mid 90's the original OASIS was in Australia, I think one of the originators was based in honeymoon bay. Met up with a few to watch Latics in some premier league games and FA cup semi finals - memory is a bit hazy now

We perhaps need to start our own thread at least :Australia:

Casting my mind back to the early mid 90's the original OASIS was in Australia, I think one of the originators was based in honeymoon bay. Met up with a few to watch Latics in some premier league games and FA cup semi finals - memory is a bit hazy now

Agreed. Go Lions!

Our highest attendance for a few years before Dale last month was Bradford on a Sunday afternoon.

Saturday 3pm's are perfect but the odd move to a Friday night/Sunday afternoon for the right fixture i.e. a local side, whose fans can get here after work, would be good.

Can't be arsed with anything else. Tuesday nights are probably more palatable and attractive now there's no terrestrial Champions League and Sky lost the rights, but it's still very avoidable with all the ways to follow the football from your home. I wonder how Thursday night/Sunday afternoon fixture pairings would be on the occasional week.

Our highest attendance for a few years before Dale last month was Bradford on a Sunday afternoon.

Saturday 3pm's are perfect but the odd move to a Friday night/Sunday afternoon for the right fixture i.e. a local side, whose fans can get here after work, would be good.

Can't be arsed with anything else. Tuesday nights are probably more palatable and attractive now there's no terrestrial Champions League and Sky lost the rights, but it's still very avoidable with all the ways to follow the football from your home. I wonder how Thursday night/Sunday afternoon fixture pairings would be on the occasional week.

I am :censored: at work on a Monday at the best of times. I would be fired if I listened to the game at 1am on a Monday morning.

Takes me all morning to figure out how to switch the kettle on let alone tell the GM why our cash flows only in one direction

Edited by L1onheartNew

I agree with you here, 3pm's are great.

Linked to this thread, I thought this article from today was absolute nonsense: http://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/apr/14/kick-off-saturday-3pm-football

I am :censored: at work on a Monday at the best of times. I would be fired if I listened to the game at 1am on a Monday morning.

Takes me all morning to figure out how to switch the kettle on let alone tell the GM why our cash flows only in one direction

Bear in mind that students aren't really accountable to anyone...

Have to pick you up on that one I'm afraid. It's the original OASIS' 30th anniversary this year. We did have a couple of members down there in the glory days but the names aren't coming to me

Having kick offs moved from 3 pm on a Saturday doesn't effect clubs like us really. We've had what 1 game moved from 3pm kick off for tv this season. Infact having united abd city not playing On Saturday at 3pm could in theory benefit us as we are not in direct competition with them at that time of the weekend.

30 years strewth! - well before the Aussie mob started for sure - wish I could remember the names. It was before the internet really became popular and at the time there was a weekly newspaper dedicated to British football, and my Dad used to send newspaper clippings from the chronicle which I still have somewhere.

where did all the years go? :omg:

Away support would drop off a cliff if all games started that early.

Oh I'm only talking from a selfish point of view cos I love horse racing!

There are plenty of 20-30 somethings out there who spend their Saturdays watching their accas at home or in the pub rather than going to a game, could we get a few of them by playing Saturday teatime or Sundays? Who knows.