Conviction quashed = innocent until proven guilty....

Must be some very interesting new evidence presented by the defence....

I may have misunderstood so asking a genuine question, if winning the appeal means he's definitely innocent then why is there going to be a retrial?

I wouldn't be surprised if the retrial does not happen. It rather depends on the 'victim' being able to take the undoubted stress this would cause her.

Neither would I. Seems like a whole load of expense and trauma for all concerned given whichever way the verdict goes everybody just goes home at the end of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the retrial does not happen. It rather depends on the 'victim' being able to take the undoubted stress this would cause her.

Or the new evidence might be so compelling that the prosecution decide not to bother and save a bit of taxpayers money....

he has to be re tried....that's the only legal option available to the courts as he still has allegation of rape hanging over him....the re trial will either uphold original decision or not.....at this point he may well be freed from the tag of rapist

:coffee1:

I think the prosecution announced a couple of weeks ago that they would definitely seek a retrial if the conviction was quashed.

Common statement

Given the strength of argument needed to overturn a decision I doubt she will lodge an appeal. In fact I will predict that she will claim that it is too stressful and that the system is against women. I hope that this does not happen because I want the trial to go ahead and get her to answer questions about her SMS messages and her previous claims against a rugby player.

Love a Ched thread, really brings out the best in people.

Does is bring about a sense of fair play to the people who stuck the boot in?

Does it give a talented sportsman his career and earning potential back?

and most importantly does it help all those women who have suffered a terrible crime get justice and compassion in the future?

Does is bring about a sense of fair play to the people who stuck the boot in?

Does it give a talented sportsman his career and earning potential back?

and most importantly does it help all those women who have suffered a terrible crime get justice and compassion in the future?

I'm not interested in joining the debate to be honest.