Kieran Lee

This lad is absolute class act - ever in your debt. Most appearences for us this season, bagging 7 goals from midfield. If you haven't seen it just watch our secong goal here, takes it so well:

http://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-brighton/report/355083

He comes from Oldham, his touch is golden Kieran Lee, Kieran Lee, Kieran Lee!

We've got another class act here, don't you dare come stealing our players again, hands off our Conor Brown.

He's made a good career for himself over at Wednesday, says a lot about him that he's retained his place this season with all the more expensive signings coming in.

It'd be great to see Tarky and Lee playing in the Prem next year, hope Wednesday can do it.

Top player. He used to run games from right back. That takes some doing...

Ha ha hat a load of bollocks! He was decent for us but was prone to be caught out of position at right back & never should have been playing there as Wednesday have gone on to prove.

He certainly didn't run games from there!

Edited by palmer1

Ha ha hat a load of bollocks! He was decent for us but was prone to be caught out of position at right back & never should have been playing there as Wednesday have gone on to prove.

He certainly didn't run games from there!

You know I often read your posts and more often than not you call it right. But on Keiran Lee you were wrong. He was consistently one of our best players every game between 2010 and 2012.

This lad is absolute class act - ever in your debt. Most appearences for us this season, bagging 7 goals from midfield. If you haven't seen it just watch our secong goal here, takes it so well:

http://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-brighton/report/355083

He comes from Oldham, his touch is golden Kieran Lee, Kieran Lee, Kieran Lee!

Sorry to piss on your parade, but he's actually from Tameside.

You know I often read your posts and more often than not you call it right. But on Keiran Lee you were wrong. He was consistently one of our best players every game between 2010 and 2012.

I never once said Lee was a bad player. If you look back I said he shouldn't play right back and he wasn't good enough in that position for the Championship. To my knowledge he has never played that position in the Championship & if he did he certainly was picked there for very long before moving to his best position.

He was very good for us while here no doubt & was one of our better players at the time but mainly in an attacking sense. He looked great with the ball but as right back his defending at times was not the best which many chose to ignore. He was caught out of position to often for a full back. He should have been picked in midfield but sadly he wasn't at least not often and consistently.

I doubt you will find a post by me stating otherwise. He certainly didn't run games for us though...

Edited by palmer1

I never once said Lee was a bad player. If you look back I said he shouldn't play right back and he wasn't good enough in that position for the Championship. To my knowledge he has never played that position in the Championship & if he did he certainly was picked there for very long before moving to his best position.

He was very good for us while here no doubt & was one of our better players at the time but mainly in an attacking sense. He looked great with the ball but as right back his defending at times was not the best which many chose to ignore. He was caught out of position to often for a full back. He should have been picked in midfield but sadly he wasn't at least not often and consistently.

I doubt you will find a post by me stating otherwise. He certainly didn't run games for us though...

I'd say at the time he was a very good right back both going forward and going backwards as good as any in this league if he didn't run games he certainly had a major influence on them. Thats what got him a move to the Championship We haven't had a player who has been anywhere near as good in that position since.

He didn't have the physicality to play centre mid at the time he was a better right back. Seeing his performance last night he has developed physically he's now a top championship centre mid. (Carl Winchester take note)

He did play full back for us for a while for us, moving into midfield when Stuart Gray finally worked out he was much better there. Now plays CM and (for me) is one of the best in the league in that position - just tends to go unnoticed.

I'd say at the time he was a very good right back both going forward and going backwards as good as any in this league if he didn't run games he certainly had a major influence on them.

Finally! Somewhere where we can mention our Conoire in the same breath as Lee.

Very good at going backwards