If you are going to boycott..

Given we live a hand to mouth existence then it will damage the club more than it would Corney or his minions.

Personally after a lot of soul searching I'm prepared to wait and see what transpires over the summer.

BUT!

If you are willing to go down this route then it needs to be done properly, it needs to be coordinated with a plan for the end game. Boycotting the club in enough numbers will kill it and probably force it into administration and with it a massive gamble on positive change. Be careful what you wish for....

Are you prepared to do that?

Simply boycotting home games will not suffice.

Boycotting the club shop, the concourses, the OEC for ANY event. Programmes, shirts, everything.

The Oldham Chronicle sponsor the club boycott that, put pressure on them to pressurise the club.

Don't use the official website.

Don't drink Lees Beers or their pubs/restaurants

Don't use George Hill Building Supplies

Don't use TLH

Don't use CM Solicitors for legal advice

Boycott official sponsors - put pressure on them financially to pressure the club.

Boycott Directors' businesses. Don't use Ryder and Dutton etc..

Boycott the official car dealerships

Boycott the institutions that have financed the carving up of our assets (the banks in particular move your account etc..)

Find out all Corney's business interests in the USA dig deep enough they'll come full circle back to businesses in the UK email, write to them all hound them all. Find out where the loans and short term finance have come from it'll all be somewhere if you are prepared to look.

Write a personal letter to all these institutions and businesses informing them of your boycott, get your family and friends to do the same. Only then will they sit up and listen.

Have a mission statement of what you want to achieve. Organise yourselves properly.

However, once it all goes tits up you will need to contribute to rescue/rebuild the club. You'd need some sort of fighting fund ring fenced any monies withheld from the club needs to be placed into the fund.

This is what the Liverpool fans did when Gillett and Hicks threatened the existence of their club. Any protest needs to be legal, respectful and with a clear message just what the boycott is about. CHANGE! But they have millions of fans worldwide. We have a fanbase including lapsed and well wishers of about 15-20,000 at most.

Personally I don't think there's the stomach for a fight amongst our lot. Thus 3,000 crowds and the mess we're currently in.

Edited by oafcprozac

The way to get people back on side is

1. A strong managerial appointment

2. A statement of intent from the board that 20th is no longer good enough, a statement of how the club is going to be driven forward on and off the field.

3. An open meeting with Corney and his minions to explain the above let both sides air their grievances and then move forward.

or

Properly advertise the club is for sale in areas that will generate interest not in Exchange and Mart.

Given our decline in attendances for the last decade I think we're already deep into a major boycott. The football side will just get its cloth cut more and more. Relegation that we've been fighting for the last 5 years is inevitable. More cloth will get cut, and we'll go round again.

I've had enough. I'll hardly be bothering next season, apart from the odd away with mates. The enjoyment it's given me the last few seasons has been minuscule. You'd always be guaranteed we'd click in 2-3 matches and blow a team away in a really satisfying way. For the last couple of seasons, we've had nothing, despite staying up. Even the home match vs Chesterfield (the last match I attended) I felt like wanting to be somewhere else. I care enough to keep checking OWTB, but even that's been skim reading lately.

I honestly can't see a boycott of all our major sponsors having the remotest bit of difference. It'll be a pinprick in their revenue to be honest. It's a grim situation. Perhaps our cloth will be cut to an extent that it actually is feasible for a fan consortium to pick up the tab?

Paul, this assumes the selling party(ies) price it* sensibly.....

*Any combination of OAFC 2004 Ltd, The OEC & Brassbank's assets.

There's been interest but it isn't in Corney and Co's interest to sell thus being run like in Admin. Everything's for sale at 2004 prices - it isn't going to happen.

2. A statement of intent from the board that 20th is no longer good enough, a statement of how the club is going to be driven forward on and off the field.

3. An open meeting with Corney and his minions to explain the above let both sides air their grievances and then move forward.

or

Properly advertise the club is for sale in areas that will generate interest not in Exchange and Mart.

This.. Fans have had enough time for the club to address the issues and put a real effort in to fixing the holes on this sinking ship

There's been interest but it isn't in Corney and Co's interest to sell thus being run like in Admin. Everything's for sale at 2004 prices - it isn't going to happen.

I can't see that they wouldn't be super keen to sell..... it's just about what value they place on their assets - to be able to exit happy with their position - vs any prospective buyer's valuation of those same assets.

Their inability to sell since Blitz and Gazal walked, tells me that those numbers are currently too far apart.

And here you have it.

Talk of boycott is premature.

Damaging the business of the OEC damages the rental income OAFC receive.

Damaging OAFC directly does even more damage.

And organising such actions on the back of a manager leaving for more cash, rather than anything Oystenesque by the owner seems ridiculous.

And here you have it.

Talk of boycott is premature.

Damaging the business of the OEC damages the rental income OAFC receive.

Damaging OAFC directly does even more damage.

And organising such actions on the back of a manager leaving for more cash, rather than anything Oystenesque by the owner seems ridiculous.

Cue responses of get out of Corneys arse because they have no reply to such a reasonable point

Cue responses of get out of Corneys arse because they have no reply to such a reasonable point

If they want to say it, they can say it. But I'm no Corney fan.

I've made a couple of key assumptions in my post.

The existence of the OEC is good for the club's income and Shez moved for cash.

If somebody can debunk these then I'll probably change my mind.

If they want to say it, they can say it. But I'm no Corney fan.

I've made a couple of key assumptions in my post.

The existence of the OEC is good for the club's income and Shez moved for cash.

If somebody can debunk these then I'll probably change my mind.

Exactly where I am at. I can only deal and respond to what I know or seems the most likely. People are jumping to, only negative, conclusions.

Edited by kowenicki

TTA, to my knowledge, are the only people on the planet who have both interest and capability to keep our club afloat. TTA's failed efforts to challenge for promotion or mid-table in the last few years have resulted in gradually reduced attendances. It is a natural none provocative boycott.

It is the diehards who are left and there will be few of those on a social media organized protest.

It will be fun and a relief from boredom for many but it won't produce investment or a winning manager or attract anyone who wants to play for Oldham Athletic.

To oust a governing body you need a alternative and they're not on the Magic Roundabout.

I'll never boycott Latics on the premise that "when sky's are blue" (which they will be, one day), i won't have to come crawling back into the fold, tail between my legs. Not that I blame any fan for falling by the wayside given present circumstances. I think Corney's failing is simply not being rich enough. We've seen his (supposed) house on Google street. It's posh, but not posh enough to justify putting up with the scrutiny that he has been subjected to.

He needs to come out with a statement right now.

Unfortunately TTA bought a club with minimal Due Diligence. They thought average attendances were at least 1000 per match more than they were. witness their first GMR interview.

They wanted to buy Hull and didn't .A bridge too fa,as was Vardy.

They got sucked into the OAFC vortex, can't find a way out and we are all in that vortex.

They were not football people and have had to learn some hard lessons over the years. However they don't have the financial resources to dig us out of the hole we are in.

I think Corney's failing is simply not being rich enough. We've seen his (supposed) house on Google street. It's posh, but not posh enough to justify putting up with the scrutiny that he has been subjected to.

He needs to come out with a statement right now.

that isnt his house