EFL Trophy - Premier League Academies in...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stagger Lee, on 11 Jun 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:snapback.png

squad of 15 players from the OAFC fan base paying a fee of 500 pounds to get an official first team game against Man Utd or Chelsea (subject to medical). They get to keep their kit and other mementos for ever. Once in a life time opportunity because the football league will sure as hell change the rules afterwards.

Sure we may loose 35 - 0 but it will actually be a financial win for the club, a big FU to money football and a life long memory for the 'chosen' fans.

Do it!

Im behind this. Would be a big statement and middle finger to the authorities! Even if its the club happy to stump up the 5k. Be nice to take a principled stand on something that would damn near have full backing of our fans and other clubs fans.

The reality is we wouldn't need to raise that much, imagine the appearance fees we will be saving on also. You can probably knock at least £1k off that in total for appearance fees so the target is £4k max.

Oxford United's Trust has been given assurances that in the future it will be consulted before decision-making of this kind. The owner said that he regretted the decision to agree to the proposals and they've had dialogue to confirm that both Trust and club are mutually opposed to Premier League B teams entering the leagues.

All talk, true, but better than the silence from Latics on the topic. To me, with City and United on the doorstep, to introduce these teams to Latics' level is absolute madness. Why on earth would you provide yet more proximate rivals for local kids to pick over Latics?

Another day. Another statement demanded from the club. Never ending. I demand a statement on whether they use free range fair trade :censored:ing coffee beans

Do you not think the club should do the fans the courtesy when they make a controversial decision?

Several other clubs have done so.

How many of the 72 is "several" and where do people draw the line on club statements?

Regardless of what other clubs do, the fans should be shown the minimum respect to be informed (and consulted prior to voting, imo). There has been more than 10 of the 48 League 1 and 2 clubs to have offered some explanation so far. I'd expect that to increase in the next few days.

I tweeted Simon Brooke yesterday asking if he was involved in the voting, if not was he consulted and the Trust stance I'm the EFL trophy.

No reply yet.

I'm not necessarily expecting an instant response, but hopefully one soon. A good number of other clubs are releasing statements, and there are plenty not aware of late changes. It's a bit of a mess in parts.

Edited by singe

Lots of other fans giving their club hard time over this.

Basically the clubs solidarity payment will go up next season, from £360k to £645k.
We were bought for £285k.
Won't take much to get B teams in the League then.

Edited by singe

Lots of other clubs giving the club hard time over this.

Basically the clubs solidarity payment will go up next season, from £360k to £645.

We were bought for £285k.

Won't take much to get B teams in the League then.

Latics will have voted for it then, and asked for the extra money up front!

It's only an experiment for one season, if 2 premiership under 21 teams make it to Wembley some flak will fly then from football league clubs and their fans and it won't continue

Edited by BP1960

It's only an experiment for one season, if 2 premiership under 21 teams make it to Wembley some flak will fly then from football league clubs and their fans and it won't continue

That is what they are hoping, but if a risk.

That is what they are hoping, but if a risk.

Alternatively, if all the under 21s finish bottom if their groups the Prem clubs won't want to continue with the competition anyway. This would be the best scenario in killing off any ideas of B teams in the lower divisions.

Edited by BP1960

Alternatively, if all the under 21s finish bottom if their groups the Prem clubs won't want to continue with the competition anyway. This would be the best scenario in killing off any ideas of B teams in the lower divisions.

The worst case scenario though, is the Prem teams are fairly happy, and chuck a bit more money and say we want B teams now. Basically they paid £20m and got their teams in the comp. Won't take much more to get them in.

Dirty tricks were used in the vote, with info given on arrival at the vote.

Would you trust them not to have such dirty tricks up their sleeve when it came to a crunch vote on B teams.

Its been reported that the increased loyalty payments (£345k to (600k I think) were threatened withdrawn if they did not allow it.

B teams by the back door, I don't think it should be taken at face value.

Would OAFC reject B teams if an extra half a million per season was dangled and then threaten with being withheld?

In our dreams.

Prem has the FL by the short and curlies and waiting to squeeze.

The amount we are talking is loose change to the Prem.