Lee Turnbull leaving

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so they say but you are looking at only 1 element of the running costs and investment plan. And I dont believe it!

What is being planned for the long term-what strategy is there, is there any?

You actually admit that there will be no progress this season. What is the plan for next July-the same again?

Surely What's spent on the playing budget is all that matters to a fan?

Whatever your budget you should make the most of it. If you can get a number of decent players in on the cheap you'd be daft not to. I'm not saying I'm in love with the way it is these days but I don't want to see us damage our chances for a romantic memory of better days

Well so they say but you are looking at only 1 element of the running costs and investment plan. And I dont believe it!

What is being planned for the long term-what strategy is there, is there any?

You actually admit that there will be no progress this season. What is the plan for next July-the same again?

What's the long term strategy? Well it's no secret that Corney is trying to sell the club so I can't imagine he's planning for the long term too much. But having a head of recruitment an unofficial coach/consultant/DOF suggests we are looking to put together a strategy which doesn't just depend on the manager. If Turnbull goes then we will see if he is replaced I hope he is. If not then it suggests not much of a strategy in place in this respect.

What happens next July? Well anything can happen in that time we could have a steady season putting the building blocks in place for progress next season. It could all go wrong and we could be starting next season in league 2. We could be taken over by someone with money to burn. We could have finished 15th and be looking at another season in league 1. It's not something I'm worried about too much their is always hope regardless how bad it seems and that's what keeps me going.

Surely What's spent on the playing budget is all that matters to a fan?

Not really. Not for some of us. I want to see progress. I want to see building blocks.

What's the long term strategy? Well it's no secret that Corney is trying to sell the club so I can't imagine he's planning for the long term too much.

Sorry, I just fell off my chair laughing.

But we didnt get Matty Palmer, Curtis Main, Holloway or the left back who has joined Huddersfield.

And you think that we had a good chance of, at the same cost, alternatively buying players of similar playing value?

So, a reason to not loan players, is that we get players whom we otherwise have little chance of otherwise obtaining the services of?

Edited by bpmarko

In today's Chron that SOD comes in to the club once a week and also provides valuable input on match days from his vantage point sat in the stand.

Robinson says he doesn't know how long the arrangement will continue.

Doesn't sound like he is a full time Director of Football, more like part time consultant

As others have said, clearly not a DoF or Coach.

I reckon he was here as asounding board and eyes and ears for SR in those early stages. They clearly know each other. And as long as SR wants him. SC being happy to pay as part of the deal to get SR, and have that old head around. Which suits SC after the Kelly (and Dunn) debacles.Whilst he will be on decent hourly rate, he won't be comparatively for only one day.

Win win for SC & SR.

Prob not even on a contract.

Oh sorry I forgot he's in it to make money isn't he :)

Now where have I ever said that? Stop taking the discussion down ridiculous avenues. Or cul-de-sacs rather.

And you think that we had a good chance of, at the same cost, alternatively buying players of similar playing value?

So, a reason to not loan players, is that we get players whom we otherwise have little chance of otherwise obtaining the services of?

None of them were ripping up trees prior to joining us were they? In fact there were a few complaints about us getting reserves from Burton and Wycombe!

But they all either went back as better more confident players to feature more often for their club or were sold on by their clubs to make them the profit

"None of them were ripping up trees prior to joining us were they? In fact there were a few complaints about us getting reserves from Burton and Wycombe!

But they all either went back as better more confident players to feature more often for their club or were sold on by their clubs to make them the profit"

After keeping us safe from relegation .

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

None of them were ripping up trees prior to joining us were they? In fact there were a few complaints about us getting reserves from Burton and Wycombe!

But they all either went back as better more confident players to feature more often for their club or were sold on by their clubs to make them the profit

How does that in any way support an argument for not using Loan Players? Do you want want players to regress in their time here? And what's that got to do with anything anyway? The point of loans is, or should be, that we get players with ability and/or potential that would otherwise not be available to us with our club size, budget or whatever. And Loan or Contracted, they should improve, and whilst they are here they should help the club get points and hopefully success.

How does that in any way support an argument for not using Loan Players? Do you want want players to regress in their time here? And what's that got to do with anything anyway? The point of loans is, or should be, that we get players with ability and/or potential that would otherwise not be available to us with our club size, budget or whatever. And Loan or Contracted, they should improve, and whilst they are here they should help the club get points and hopefully success.

Don't take him on. He's an idiot

Don't take him on. He's an idiot

Would you care to elaborate? I have made a point then one poster queries one element of it. I reply to that but then some people think that I am trying to make another point and try to dispute what I have said.

Just because you do not have sufficient mental capacity to read back and understand the discusion, it is not my fault nor anybody elses.

You still miss the point. Obviously we want all players, contracted or loaned, to play well, win us points and get us up the table.

The players we loaned in last season saved us. This season we HAVE TO find 4 or 5 more. Next season again the same etc etc

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Listening to the radio interview last night Robbo is trying to lure better, bigged players on loan and SOD only spends one day at Latics.

Hopefully rest of the time will be out scouting. Fact we have brought players in who have played in the Non League makes me think the club has increased its or maybe changed the way it's scouting players.

Not a massive lover of the loan system. However if it helps us get another Dummigan i be happy.

Listening to the radio interview last night Robbo is trying to lure better, bigged players on loan and SOD only spends one day at Latics.

Hopefully rest of the time will be out scouting. Fact we have brought players in who have played in the Non League makes me think the club has increased its or maybe changed the way it's scouting players.

Not a massive lover of the loan system. However if it helps us get another Dummigan i be happy.

In contrast Latics have recently scouted matches at Stalybridge, Droylsden and the Etihad (under 23s).

Nail on the head.

He's not being replaced according to the Chron.

It was deemed a necessity at the time due to lack of players but that's no longer the case.

The money saved will be used to fund a full time strength and conditioning coach and a part time Northern scout in addition to the southern one we already have.