Coventry (a) Team

How familiar does this sound? Our best players were Croft and Osei when they came on as subs.

On thing is for certain; we are going to be bored out of our tiny minds watching Latics this season.

We definitely are not going to attract any more supporters with the style of football we are playing; it's awful to watch.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

See them trees there?

See that wood it's made of?

No? Didn't think so.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How familiar does this sound? Our best players were Croft and Osei when they came on as subs.

On thing is for certain; we are going to be bored out of our tiny minds watching Latics this season.

We definitely are not going to attract any more supporters with the style of football we are playing; it's awful to watch.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Why the concern on how many more people come to watch the team? Is your name Simon Corney?

As for the football, you're right it's not great to watch. We've no width and no tempo to our game.

Guest nonaenever

Why the concern on how many more people come to watch the team? Is your name Simon Corney?

As for the football, you're right it's not great to watch. We've no width and no tempo to our game.

To answer your first question - firstly, because I want the club to survive - it will not do so on average home crowds of 3,598. Secondly from a personal perspective, it's not been enjoyable recently at BP; partly because the place has become a morgue - more people will address that. No, I`m not Simon Corney.

On reflection, I suppose we were better second half (couldn't have been any worse) - the substitutions made a big difference but how they didn't score on the stroke of half time is beyond belief.

I now accept we are not going to be anywhere near the play-offs - so I`d just like to be entertained instead

Guest nonaenever

How do Rochdale survive then?

Much less debt than us - we've just built a new stand - don't want to get dragged into an argument but I have heard from a pretty good source that the cash-flow has become a real worry at the club.

Guest nonaenever

How did I miss the point ? You asked how Rochdale survived - and I said they had much less debt than us. Servicing debt requires cash-fllow and as Rochdale don't have much debt, they don't have to service it from cash-flow. We do and we don't have enough of it. I hope that's clarified what I meant - sorry for using business-speak.

How did I miss the point ? You asked how Rochdale survived - and I said they had much less debt than us. Servicing debt requires cash-fllow and as Rochdale don't have much debt, they don't have to service it from cash-flow. We do and we don't have enough of it. I hope that's clarified what I meant - sorry for using business-speak.

£6m of our debt isn't serviced. It sits on the accounts as unlikely to ever be called in.

The rest is new stand related and service by rent from tenants.

How do Rochdale survive then?

had a coincill that backed them and the rugby when they needed it didnt :censored: about with grandoise schemes and pipedreams for a new stadium but got on and developed the one they had into a good functional stadium with good facitilies and a club house for hire etc strong advertising presance throughout the town ie bill boards on phoneboxes advertboards all over the town and aproaches .kit launches ticket offers etc and what do we have ??? couple of posters in spindles ?

had a coincill that backed them and the rugby when they needed it didnt :censored: about with grandoise schemes and pipedreams for a new stadium but got on and developed the one they had into a good functional stadium with good facitilies and a club house for hire etc strong advertising presance throughout the town ie bill boards on phoneboxes advertboards all over the town and aproaches .kit launches ticket offers etc and what do we have ??? couple of posters in spindles ?

All on attendances 1,000 less than ours.

All on attendances 1,000 less than ours.

yep got on and developed the stadium nothing grand but functional stands with a good view and catering etc unlike us who spent countless thousands on consultants and designers etc suspect that the moneys invested in there rebuilding are largley repaid or are being repaid at a substancialy lower rate than what we are being offered now allowing more of there income to be spant on wages etc