Bolton (A)

Spearing mudered us in midfield, his quality was countered by the awfulness of Fane and Green.

Our only real chance was when Green went through at one down and instead of slotting it under the keeper I think he tried to go round him and made a mess of it. Take more touches than you heed was a feature of everybody's play.

Our tactic of hoof it up to McKay when he's being marked by Wheater was surprisingly ineffective!

A lack of quality. A lack of intent. Why hit a first tine cross when you can take four touches and give them time to reorganise?

I don't think our players are good enough. I don't think the manager is either.

Spearing mudered us in midfield, his quality was countered by the awfulness of Fane and Green.

Our only real chance was when Green went through at one down and instead of slotting it under the keeper I think he tried to go round him and made a mess of it. Take more touches than you heed was a feature of everybody's play.

Our tactic of hoof it up to McKay when he's being marked by Wheater was surprisingly ineffective!

A lack of quality. A lack of intent. Why hit a first tine cross when you can take four touches and give them time to reorganise?

I don't think our players are good enough. I don't think the manager is either.

Yes,yet another costly miss.Far too many chances are not being put away and will prove our downfall.Feel sorry for our fans who deserve better than this especially at home.Bury and Crochdale are making us look second rate .

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,yet another costly miss.Far too many chances are not being put away and will prove our downfall.Feel sorry for our fans who deserve better than this especially at home.Bury and Crochdale are making us look second rate .

We're doing a very good job of that ourselves. But the fact that they're up there just undermines any argument that we're down there because of the income/gates etc. If they can do it, we should be doing it. We're just :censored:!!!

It's very frustrating when you travel to an away game thinking you have a great chance of 3 points and end up with nothing. Bolton were poor today but took the points with ease.

I'm getting very close to the point of giving up on this lot. I don't expect us to be top of the league but I do expect us to be some sort of a threat in the final third.

We never looked like scoring today and I just cannot see any improvement in performance whatsoever. Over two thousand fans there today and they deserve better than that!

The mediocrity just goes on and on.......

It's very frustrating when you travel to an away game thinking you have a great chance of 3 points and end up with nothing. Bolton were poor today but took the points with ease.

I'm getting very close to the point of giving up on this lot. I don't expect us to be top of the league but I do expect us to be some sort of a threat in the final third.

We never looked like scoring today and I just cannot see any improvement in performance whatsoever. Over two thousand fans there today and they deserve better than that!

The mediocrity just goes on and on.......

With the greatest respect, why would you expect us to get a result today?

Oxford won there a couple of weeks ago 2-0, Dale have beat them and prior to last week's own goal they hadn't scored a League goal in 6 hours of football, I expected us to compete if I'm honest.

We have been relegation favourites all season, that will have to sink in at sone point.

I thought we competed for most of the game.....

I thought we worked very hard to keep a foothold in a game where Bolton were clearly better and comfortable. I can't remember their keeper saving a shot whereas our keeper made 2 fine first half saves. Had either of those gone in we would have been looking at a bit of chasing. They were better than us but at least we did not fold. ...however effort and determination can only mask critical deficiencies and I expect a long hard winter with a few wins here and there but come March we will be looking at the likes of Southend Shrewsbury's fixtures hoping they don't look easier than ours!

It must be said despite all our flaws, they were a very good side all over the park. Better than us in almost every facet.Striker issue is getting worse - still none for Mckay in twelve. It seems strange to have not played Ladapo after scoring, too.

Not starting strikers who score in the next game is something successive Oldham managers have had a bad habit of doing.

Bury are a long way ahead of us at the moment in terms of the players they can attract.

why? seriously, why? they let Clarke go? is it being financed on short term funds with long term problems? i genuinely don't know. and Rochdale? last season it was Walsall?

Edited by bigfatjoe1

why? seriously, why? they let Clarke go? is it being financed on short term funds with long term problems? i genuinely don't know.

Who knows, it might be being funded on the never never but they are paying wages that most in our league can't get near. Edited by deyres42

We are and have been for ages, it's not nice but it is true.

100%. We've not finished above 15th in six years (I think that's correct).

It's the lack of investment that has killed us off, manager after manager has struggled on the same :censored: budget with cast offs and loans. LJ was a strange anomaly, but still ended up finishing low down when he left.

It aint changing anytime soon with the current financial outlook.

Who knows, it might be being funded on the never never but they are paying wages that most in our league can't get near.

That doesn't bode well, unless they really are being bankrolled. i can't believe they've signed Ismail Miller.

Rochdale is all about a good manager and stability. We're all about a huge turnover in players, year after year, and managers. Compare and contrast with Sir Jimmy and King Joe. Two managers in 25 (?) years. Lots of financial :censored: in those years, but underlining stability in the management. We might want to return to that model. Robinson has had a really :censored: hand. I admit to getting really frustrated with his tactics, but maybe it's time for a bit understanding.

Or not. Perhaps his entire approach is actually a bit :censored:. Remember that 4-3 home defeat to Bolton in the League Cup (I think). Everyone thought it was brilliant. Not getting beat, obviously, but the entertainment. That was the philosophy. But that was a different time.

why? seriously, why? they let Clarke go? is it being financed on short term funds with long term problems? i genuinely don't know. and Rochdale? last season it was Walsall?

Bury let Clarke go because of internal discipline problems-I thought that was common knowledge.

Rochdale are so far ahead of us in business terms it is not surprising that they are where they are, nor surprising where we are