How many of the 92 teams have you seen us beat?

I cannot remember ever seeing us beat Newcastle but my brother believes that if you count beating Burton Albion on penalties he has been there in person when we have beaten every one the other 91 football league teams....unless there are any we have never played

I bet there are others on here who have achieved the same feat

Seen us beat 82 of the 92 in competitive games 86/92 inc friendlies

So still 10 of the 92 missing

Sheff Utd

Arsenal

Blackburn

Leeds

Burton

Cardiff

Newcastle

Morecambe

Newport

Barnet

Hit my 1,000 competitive game next month and still never seen us beat the blunts or bastard rovers - always seemed to be the odd one I've missed when we've turned Sheff Utd over and we've not beaten Blackburn competitively since December 1989.

Leeds I refused to pay their inflated prices so therefore missed the consecutive away wins - although I did see us beat them 3-1 in a friendly in 2000 same with Sheff Utd 2-1 in a friendly in 1999

Oh and Newcastle 2-1 in a friendly under mini manager in 2014

Oh and morecambe 1-0 at their old ground in 2003 supposedly our last game josh low scored a winner sold the next day to Northampton.

Edited by oafcprozac

An idle Sunday evening so I checked against the league tables in the paper...

Surprised but am just missing in competitive matches i.e. League or cups

Barnet

Morecambe

Wimbledon? Depends on whether the consensus is they are a brand new team or a continuation of the old one

For many of us there are obviously many more if current non-league teams included if we beat them when in the league

Barrow

Tranmere

Aldershot

Wrexham

Torquay

York

Southport

Stockport

Halifax

Bradford PA

Workington

Chester & Darlington in their previous incarnations

Now...how many have I seen us lose to ?!

Seen us beat 82 of the 92 in competitive games 86/92 inc friendlies

So still 10 of the 92 missing

Sheff Utd

Beating the Blades early in 91/92 stands out for me, we were 2-0 up in the first half - they had two men sent off before half time.

They lost another player towards the end of the game too injured. So finished with 8 men.

The final score? 2-1 and we were hanging on by our fingertips !

Typical Latics.

Beating the Blades early in 91/92 stands out for me, we were 2-0 up in the first half - they had two men sent off before half time.

They lost another player towards the end of the game too injured. So finished with 8 men.

The final score? 2-1 and we were hanging on by our fingertips !

Typical Latics.

I think they played in a fluro yellow strip if my memory is correct, I do remember us hanging on for dear life against 8 men though.

Ugh it was horrible ! Sort of fluoro greeny yellow - thanks for reminding us

Yep. I remember Dave Bassett had run up the steps before HT - placed water bottles outside the dressing room door, locked it and them to f*ck off back out again. They were all stood around on the pitch for 10 mins waiting for our players to reemerge.....

....a couple of years before - during the pinch me season - they ended our unbeaten record on the plastic in a similar yellow kit. It was the most clinical display of long ball up and under I've ever seen. Pre-back pass rule, they would send the ball back to their keeper - probably Simon Tracey - who would boot the ball the full length of pitch and Brian Deane & Tony Agana won everything. We lost 2-0.

turning this slightly off track but off the pre direct promotion from the conferance which team have we played the least suspect its ipswich as we didnt face them in the league untill 1986 and had only drawn them in the fa cup once previousley ?

turning this slightly off track but off the pre direct promotion from the conferance which team have we played the least suspect its ipswich as we didnt face them in the league untill 1986 and had only drawn them in the fa cup once previousley ?

Good question though we played Ipswich in the fa cup in both 53/4 and 63/4 (went on the football special train from Shaw to the latter )