To anyone at the club who will actually listen or who cares?

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not be good enough but of course nobody can know that after only a dozen games.

Nail down a reasonable number then. Is it 15? 18? 20? When do you decide it isn't working and it's gone too far?

Nail down a reasonable number then. Is it 15? 18? 20? When do you decide it isn't working and it's gone too far?

Being a bit old school I would say most managers deserve at least a full season, always exceptions to be made if they are badly out of the depth etc but I don't think we are anywhere near that point.

Kelly and Dunn both deserved full seasons?

If not how's this guy any different, let's face it Kelly and to a degree Dunn where destined to fail but this guy's got the full coaching team he wanted and a squad full of players he has brought in himself yet he's got us to a stage where as things stand we will finish the season on around 36 points, is that acceptable?

Kelly and Dunn both deserved full seasons?

If not how's this guy any different, let's face it Kelly and to a degree Dunn where destined to fail but this guy's got the full coaching team he wanted and a squad full of players he has brought in himself yet he's got us to a stage where as things stand we will finish the season on around 36 points, is that acceptable?

Try reading things properly before jumping in.

A lot of these players haven't played much if at all in this league before, manager has been in the door two minutes, it's a tough learning curve.

It's a while since I've headed to a Latics game with any hope or expectation, but I'll still turn up as we are the lifeblood of the club which without us would be in even more trouble. But whether you choose to attend matches or stay away, I don't believe this reflects on your status as a fan. Passions run deep for OAFC and we express our emotions in different yet equally understandable ways.

SC needs to be open and explain what the plans are for our club. I doubt he will but when we start struggling to get 2500 home fans in a month or two, he may regret not doing so and trying to work with us to reverse this slide into potential oblivion.

It's a while since I've headed to a Latics game with any hope or expectation, but I'll still turn up as we are the lifeblood of the club which without us would be in even more trouble. But whether you choose to attend matches or stay away, I don't believe this reflects on your status as a fan. Passions run deep for OAFC and we express our emotions in different yet equally understandable ways.

SC needs to be open and explain what the plans are for our club. I doubt he will but when we start struggling to get 2500 home fans in a month or two, he may regret not doing so and trying to work with us to reverse this slide into potential oblivion.

With respect I think there is a plan, we saw that in the summer.

Fans are staying away and that is their choice but the message from the owners has been for a while that they won't finance the club much beyond balancing the books.

The proof of the puddings in the results, first five games we got six points which was on a par or a little better than Kelly and Dunn, most including myself would of accepted that start and classed it as acceptable under the circumstances, since then though the return has been three points from six games, four of which were at home against bottom half teams and we've failed to score in three of those four, that's despite having two or three stand out performers in Ripley, Clarke and Green who would of walked into last season's team so tell me why we seem to regress game after game with the odd acceptable performance here and there. Robinson on the face of it is doing a dreadful job even compared to Kelly in my eyes and the football is about as :censored: as I've witnessed in close on 40 years as a supporter, do we really want a season full of this or is something going to change?

With respect I think there is a plan, we saw that in the summer.

Fans are staying away and that is their choice but the message from the owners has been for a while that they won't finance the club much beyond balancing the books.

When you are trying to finance a Capital project with reducing incomes you cannot possibly do so if you cause income to fall even further.

Its a failed business plan that we saw reach a new low in the summer and the results are now being seen very clearly.

Hopefully TTA will come to the obvious conclusion, that they have to sell at a reasonable price and let someone else try,

I think it is very harsh to blame the manager but he was pretty stupid accepting the job.

The proof of the puddings in the results, first five games we got six points which was on a par or a little better than Kelly and Dunn, most including myself would of accepted that start and classed it as acceptable under the circumstances, since then though the return has been three points from six games, four of which were at home against bottom half teams and we've failed to score in three of those four, that's despite having two or three stand out performers in Ripley, Clarke and Green who would of walked into last season's team so tell me why we seem to regress game after game with the odd acceptable performance here and there. Robinson on the face of it is doing a dreadful job even compared to Kelly in my eyes and the football is about as :censored: as I've witnessed in close on 40 years as a supporter, do we really want a season full of this or is something going to change?

So Robinson should be sacked now?

Serious question, what were you expecting when the season started? How many of our team would go and improve any other team in the league? 2, maybe 3?

Serious question, what were you expecting when the season started? How many of our team would go and improve any other team in the league? 2, maybe 3?

Serious answer. After over 40 years I decided to have this season off. From what I hear we only have 3 players of such quality.

But the manager did sign them all bar 2 or 3.

Sacking Robinson would just cost us money we don't have, it's up to him to turn it around but it's clear something has to change drastically to change our fortunes, persevering with the approach we have now is doing nothing but draining the confidence out of 90 percent of our players, I'm not paid to work out what needs changing it's time now for Robinson to stand up and earn his dough.

When you are trying to finance a Capital project with reducing incomes you cannot possibly do so if you cause income to fall even further.

Its a failed business plan that we saw reach a new low in the summer and the results are now being seen very clearly.

Hopefully TTA will come to the obvious conclusion, that they have to sell at a reasonable price and let someone else try,

I think it is very harsh to blame the manager but he was pretty stupid accepting the job.

Couldn't really disagree.

All I would say, leaving aside Brassbank/OEC etc, what is there to invest in, on the football side? What would you do differently?

Robinson talked about negativity from his players; sideways and backwards passing, lack of intent etc. That's something you instill in a team. It's not natural. He can bemoan it all he wants but he must change it. This whole home jinx rhetoric doesn't cut it.

As for home games. Everything is wrong with the club. It's tragic that most fans don't enjoy attending and we're one match away from a sub 3000 home attendance.

I think the apathy prevents fans from even rallying. It would've been decent if fans could've created a bit of a positive din next home game to urge on the players, but it's too depressing to even think about that.

Come on Pete even the hardened optimist as I'd describe you must be totally perplexed at the moment.

I am!

Can't see a blinding light of expectation at present - but will still get behind the team . Dark days but my belief is that it's then when support is most valuable

You go and moan - fair enough . Too many just do the latter

I am!

Can't see a blinding light of expectation at present - but will still get behind the team . Dark days but my belief is that it's then when support is most valuable

You go and moan - fair enough . Too many just do the latter

Pete, If you receive regular poor service in a restaurant that used to be ok, do you moan or just accept that's the way it is, say nothing. and continue patronising them?