The Management Style/Coaching etc.

Guest nonaenever

Im not saying he is great at it, but thats the best part of his game. Which is why he still is and was a non league level player ability wise. Maybe there is a player there, but its an awful lot of work! I am not having however that Robinson is at fault for him not running forward. If anytning he should be praised for getting him to win it back and offload quickly before he falls over his own feet!

He's catastrophically terrible. He was better on Saturday than his usual standard, but he was still really really bad.

Getting the wrong side of his man, constant fouls, tripping up over the ball, turning back to play negatively rather than split a defence, his first touch - all of the above showing he has zero proffesional footballing talent.

Edited by MAC0AFC

Fane is genuinely one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. His marking isn't great. His tackling isn't great. His passing is a disaster and his positional sense is non existent. Having him in the middle of the park is a sure - fire way of confirming our relegation...

I've seen him twice and I've been impressed with the way he broke up opposition attacks on both occasions and his athleticism could easily prove to be an asset as he progresses.

Sadly I totally agree about his passing, marking and positional sense which is a big problem for a central midfielder.

Like Burgess some really unfair criticism of a player in his first season in the football league. We have a very good and effective player on our hands if he sticks to what he is good at and breaks up play. Give it to the better footballers and keep it simple.

I've seen him twice and I've been impressed with the way he broke up opposition attacks on both occasions and his athleticism could easily prove to be an asset as he progresses.

Sadly I totally agree about his passing, marking and positional sense which is a big problem for a central midfielder.

Against the better players you can't rely on your athleticism to get you out of trouble, which is essentially what he is constantly doing. Before addressing his actual footballing abilities, which like Gaz says only needs to meet a minimum requirement, I'd first be showing him exactly where he has to stand on the pitch

Against the better players you can't rely on your athleticism to get you out of trouble, which is essentially what he is constantly doing. Before addressing his actual footballing abilities, which like Gaz says only needs to meet a minimum requirement, I'd first be showing him exactly where he has to stand on the pitch

Wonder if LJ's subuteo set is still knockin about somewhere..

Guest nonaenever

if Steve Robisnon makes a Yaya Toure out of Fane then he will be managing City in a few years.

Presumably he saw something in him to warrant paying a fee for him though?! Appreciate people's comments and he clearly ain't everyone's cup of tea - I find that strange as, in my view, he's been one of our few successes this season in a pretty dire midfield. Raw, yes but I`ll have a little wager with myself that he'll fetch us a tidy sum in the not too distant future. A Championship club has been watching his progress you know.

A young, raw kid plucked from non-league and folks are ripping him a new arsehole already :petesake:

I'd suggest he's been told to not surge forward quite like he has because he was getting caught upfield and then fouling/getting booked when trying to recover the situation. All part of the learning process.

My only main criticism of him has been when winning the ball in defensive areas & he's had a lot of space infront of him to drive forward before meeting an opposing player he's passed it away too quickly. He'll give it to the nearest man instead of pushing us up the pitch which stifles our break away from defence. That is something Robbo needs to sort out. Other than that, I've no problem with him as he learns the trade at this level.

Like Burgess some really unfair criticism of a player in his first season in the football league. We have a very good and effective player on our hands if he sticks to what he is good at and breaks up play. Give it to the better footballers and keep it simple.

He's cack footed and soft as :censored: for his size.

Other than that, I like him...

A young, raw kid plucked from non-league and folks are ripping him a new arsehole already :petesake:

I'd suggest he's been told to not surge forward quite like he has because he was getting caught upfield and then fouling/getting booked when trying to recover the situation. All part of the learning process.

My only main criticism of him has been when winning the ball in defensive areas & he's had a lot of space infront of him to drive forward before meeting an opposing player he's passed it away too quickly. He'll give it to the nearest man instead of pushing us up the pitch which stifles our break away from defence. That is something Robbo needs to sort out. Other than that, I've no problem with him as he learns the trade at this level.

Well said.

The answer lies in the soil!

i agree that we have seen some awful football because obviously the first priority in any game is to keep a clean sheet. Players are told to keep in the shape. Does the problem lie with the management/coaching or the quality of our players? The best teams keep their defensive shape but are able to go forward constructively.

Fane has to learn how to avoid a yellow card every game and it is this that is holding him back.

HOWEVER despite the doom and gloom the team is improving - we are getting better. I don't expect a top six slot this year but if we give the man time I do think we will become very hard to beat at home or away and future is bright if we can keep the management team together and Corney doesn't go for another clear out next summer.