OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter

Guest nonaenever

OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a fresh and independent initiative (OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) to try and bring about positive change at the club?

Guest nonaenever

Hi - please read the thread "Protest Group" - particularly my posting at 8pm today (13 Nov).

I`m quite happy to lead on this (under the banner of OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) IF there is enough support.

I know you can't please all the people all of the time but I promise to do my utmost to represent real fans' views in a positive and constructive manner and engage with the club and media to bring about the positive change we all want.

If you are supportive of this new initiative please just log in and click on the green arrow to give the thumbs up. If you're not then it's the red one.

I`ve tried to set this up as a poll but never having done it before don't know if it's worked!

I know we have the Trust etc. and I`m not belittling what they do at all BUT many of the silent majority have nearly had enough with the current state of affairs - it's time for change.

I'll not comment again but will log in next Saturday to gauge reaction.

Thank you.

Edited by nonaenever

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the positive change?

If you intend to bring about investment please advise how.

If not, what change do you intend to bring?

Why don't you ask Corney what positive change he's hoping to effect?

So far he's halved the crowds. Not very positive.

Didn't take Mcduff long to start piping up are you Corneys bitch or something? Why the :censored: do you think anyone has to answer to you, if you don't agree with it jog on and keep kissing Corneys arse.

I suppose someone might ask why the :censored: do you think Corney should answer to anybody on here. He doesn't...

I suppose someone might ask why the :censored: do you think Corney should answer to anybody on here. He doesn't...

If he wants people to hand over cash they can refuse if he won't answer. It's a choice.

Guest nonaenever

I can't possibly answer this as there's no detail.

As I`ve stated, let's see what the general sentiment is from the voting first. If it's looking positive, I`ll provide the detail including my credentials and we can take it (or not) from there. There is no ulterior motive or personal ego at play here - I just can't stand by and watch my club continue to decline any longer without at least saying I tried to do something positive to help.

As I`ve stated, let's see what the general sentiment is from the voting first. If it's looking positive, I`ll provide the detail including my credentials and we can take it (or not) from there. There is no ulterior motive or personal ego at play here - I just can't stand by and watch my club continue to decline any longer without at least saying I tried to do something positive to help.

Egg and chicken. How can you expect support without details and credentials?

What is the positive change?

If you intend to bring about investment please advise how.

If not, what change do you intend to bring?

Perhaps the OP started the poll as an initial test and as a follow up, might want to create a meeting to discuss a few ideas?

If he wants people to hand over cash they can refuse if he won't answer. It's a choice.

I really at the point where I think it doesn't make a bit of difference. He has answered questions previously and those who want to pay still do and those that don't want to don't.

You also have a large majority that don't believe him when they don't hear exactly what they want.

People talking about positive change yet when I ask what change nobody can tell me how or what?

This was my issue last time.

People can express discontent even if they don't have solutions. Maybe the business owner should take some responsibility for connecting with the fans to explain what their plans are.

Your stance is like saying you can't disagree with the state of a political party if you don't form one yourself.

Perhaps the OP started the poll as an initial test and as a follow up, might want to create a meeting to discuss a few ideas?

This was done pre season. I'd like to know what the difference will be. For example, does the OP have any preliminary ideas on what changes they want? I think it's a fair ask

This was done pre season. I'd like to know what the difference will be. For example, does the OP have any preliminary ideas on what changes they want? I think it's a fair ask

I am thinking like this, I'm note sure a poll is needed as 90%+ plus know we need change. The results are going to be yes but what is the different this time?

We had a protest group, we have a trust, we've had 'fans' on the board. What's the difference and what's the aim?

Edited by palmer1

It's fair to ask, however I wouldn't expect too much at this point in time. Give it a chance before writing it off.

Word of advice to the OP, manage expectations.

Guest nonaenever

It's fair to ask, however I wouldn't expect too much at this point in time. Give it a chance before writing it off.

Word of advice to the OP, manage expectations.

Thank you and noted. At this stage, I just want to gauge whether there is any appetite really. If there is, I will then put some meat on the bones. I also see it as very much an inclusive process, where all ideas can be thrown into the pot - and I`ll just manage the process etc. IF it gains momentum, I`ll probably arrange a public meeting pretty early on - thanks again - I`m working in London first half of this week so won't be logging on again properly until weekend. I`ll check the poll then and take it from there.

I think a lot of blame can be put on the current owners but for me, the questions should be asked of the fans that are staying away and the general population of Oldham.

Do they really want a club in the town anymore? When it's gone, it's gone. The fans that are left don't get behind the team from the first whistle. We're even getting away fans now taking the piss out of our support.

If the so called fans continue to stay away, then for me they are as much to blame as the owners. I get it's boring football at the moment but playing in front of our home crowd wouldn't inspire or motivate me to give 110% either.

I think it's fair to say we all want change. We don't know what the difference will be as yet and it's for all of us to decide.

Just answer yes or no for now and let's see if there's enough initial support.

I think it's fair to say we all want change. We don't know what the difference will be as yet and it's for all of us to decide.

Just answer yes or no for now and let's see if there's enough initial support.

I've put no for now. Of course I want the team to be doing better. Of course I want us to be challenging at the top end of the table. I just can't see any way this will happen without some major investment. I can't see how a protest will get this investment