New Banner

Guest nonaenever

For some reason Corney seems to escape nnn's criticism, very strange being hell bent on ousting the sitting duck as if it will cure all our problems.

yarddog - he doesn't escape my criticism at all - he's made some monumental cock-ups and has presided over our recent demise. What I`ve always said though is that the fans can only influence certain things WITHOUT going down the route of Blackpool or Coventry fans (which would, quite frankly, kill us because we no longer have the fanbase to sustain our viability during such protests - not does the Chairman have the funds to keep the club going if we desert on match days).

My logic, therefore, is for the fans to UNITE and influence the things we are able to do. The manager's position, I'm my opinion, is now untenable and this is something we can influence. The ownership situation simply has to go in the long grass for now; there's nothing we can do to influence that without killing us at the same time.

Unfortunately, I don't think the fans will unite under a common cause - we are split - the anit Corney movement is large (and fully understandable) - it's just my view that such a movement is wasted energy. He will go (and has said so) when a buyer is found.

Hope that makes sense.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yarddog - he doesn't escape my criticism at all - he's made some monumental cock-ups and has presided over our recent demise. What I`ve always said though is that the fans can only influence certain things WITHOUT going down the route of Blackpool or Coventry fans (which would, quite frankly, kill us because we no longer have the fanbase to sustain our viability during such protests - not does the Chairman have the funds to keep the club going if we desert on match days).

My logic, therefore, is for the fans to UNITE and influence the things we are able to do. The manager's position, I'm my opinion, is now untenable and this is something we can influence. The ownership situation simply has to go in the long grass for now; there's nothing we can do to influence that without killing us at the same time.

Unfortunately, I don't think the fans will unite under a common cause - we are split - the anit Corney movement is large (and fully understandable) - it's just my view that such a movement is wasted energy. He will go (and has said so) when a buyer is found.

Hope that makes sense.

Don't know why you justify him with a response. Everyone else has seen you've criticised Corney. He's only annoyed because you don't do it every single post like he does

Guest nonaenever

yarddog - I don't know you - but my final comment. There are different ways of doing things - including confrontation and communication. In my opinion, in our present precarious position, we are far better communicating than just constantly confronting.

Communication can produce a satisfactory outcome in my view. Mass confrontation will kill us in our present position - do you really want a Blackpool or Coventry at Latics?

Come along to the first fans' meeting when I`ve sorted the venue in the new year - everyone can air their views and we can decide on strategy and move forward.

I've been to six. I didn't see Scunthorpe or Shrewsbury, so I've not yet seen a goal.

I want to give him every chance, which I believe includes the treatment fans gave Darren Kelly - not saying nasty or abusive, just vocal. It's essentially an ultimatum, because I think he feels like he's getting away with it at the moment and that the fans are accepting this. It needs to feel like last chance saloon, and then it'll eek out some more expansive football.

I was expecting this on Saturday, especially after going 2 down but nothing really happened. The only reason i stayed for the final whistle was to see the fans reaction and the boos have been worse after 1st half performances in past years. No venom, no feeling...

IMO the fans at BP on a Saturdays should be making it known that they are not happy with the chairman, manager, players and the whole situation.

Unfortuantley all we will get is some fans who wait for Green to misplace a pass so they can immediatley slate him (one guy near me waited for it to happen i swear) and the others who sarcastically cheer a pass completed afetr a mistake ala Banks.

APATHY RULES AND ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!

Edited by palmer1

I was expecting this on Saturday, especially after going 2 down but nothing really happened. The only reason i stayed for the final whistle was to see the fans reaction and the boos have been worse after 1st half performances in past years. No venom, no feeling...

IMO the fans at BP on a Saturdays should be making it known that they are not happy with the chairman, manager, players and the whole situation.

Unfortuantley all we will get is some fans who wait for Green to misplace a pass so they can immediatley slate him (one guy near me waited for it to happen i swear) and the others who sarcastically cheer a pass completed afetr a mistake ala Banks.

APATHY RULES AND ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!

I don't normally agree with this if but its got so bad I do.

If people want to kick off at games now they have the green light to do so as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think cheering after a successful Banks pass on Saturday was sarcasm. Genuine delight probably

I don't really get this. He makes plenty of passes, the issue is that none are penetrative in the slightest. He plays with no intensity whatsoever.

Was it you who said he's a Conference player? Tosh. He's obviously talented.

I don't think cheering after a successful Banks pass on Saturday was sarcasm. Genuine delight probably

he made plenty of passes just none of any real quality, he isnt up to league 1 level imo.

Plenty of pretty 30 yard crossfield balls to players in deep positions that if not mis controlled or lost made their way back to him to nothing with again.BORING!

he made plenty of passes just none of any real quality, he isnt up to league 1 level imo.

Plenty of pretty 30 yard crossfield balls to players in deep positions that if not mis controlled or lost made their way back to him to nothing with again.BORING!

He loves that Beckham style cross field ball. Just that it's always to someone near halfway line and causes other teams no issues

Any banner needs to be something to get the attention of the media to put pressure on Robbo and the players. They are a complete and utter embarrassment to us as fans and they deserve public humiliation.

More than willing to contribute if it's a good one with a strong message and big enough.

Any banner needs to be something to get the attention of the media to put pressure on Robbo and the players. They are a complete and utter embarrassment to us as fans and they deserve public humiliation.

More than willing to contribute if it's a good one with a strong message and big enough.

Charming.