New Banner

I noticed a new placard on little Wembley yesterday. " Hard work beats talent ". I can't help thinking that that coupled with be the" Be best out of possession " placard engenders and betrays a negative inferiority mindset. It all most says .....we are not very good but let's do our best?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are not very good but let's do our best?

We don't even do that.

I honestly do wonder whether it might be productive to embarrass this lot into attacking.

I'd love to see a sarcastic banner put up really visible to the players when they come out directed at them. That well-known arrows pointing towards the goal piss-take maybe.

It'd be better than the apathetic acceptance of this :censored:.

I noticed a new placard on little Wembley yesterday. " Hard work beats talent ". I can't help thinking that that coupled with be the" Be best out of possession " placard engenders and betrays a negative inferiority mindset. It all most says .....we are not very good but let's do our best?

The full thing says "When talent doesn't work hard, hard work beats talent."

Stop knocking Corney FFS! He'd happily sell up but his 'owners' won't allow him until they get their investment back. That won't happen so Corney is battling to keep the club afloat and operational on hugely restrictive budgets. He personally cannot fund investment so we are where we are.

It's easy for us fans to criticise Corney when it's not our money we're asking him to try and fill the black hole of funding a successful League One club.

The story is pretty straightforward and there's no conspiracy -

1. Blitz buys club and invests £6m+ into team, ground, land expecting success

2. Success never happens and with the 2008 crash, Blitz left the club and his £6m+ loan doesn't need repaying until we're in the Prem or until club is sold

3. Corney steps up to the plate with no support from Blitz and try's to fund running of club on his limited wealth and income from club, which is sub-League One

4. Club struggles, players poached or leave and we enter a downward spiral as income reduces, no additional investment and budget means our chances of success dwindle each season

5. Club remains on open sale - no takers willing to spend £6m+ that is then locked into a club struggling in League One, limited off-field opportunity and empathetic support from Oldham as a town

Only two outcomes I can see are -

Somebody buying the club as a tenant willing to invest personally in the hope of succeeding and then buying the ground from Blitz when we reach the Prem

Club folds, remains extinct and then Blitz is free to sell the ground and land for non-football development

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING

I really don't mind such a banner being put up it means that you can beat more talented teams if you out work them, Id like us to take that mentality to Sheffield United next week.

The problem we appear to have is what are we working hard on? Our passing is dreadful and too many players need too many touches of the ball to get it under control are we working on 1 and 2 touch passes because if we are and what we saw yesterday is a result of that then we clearly are not working hard enough on it.

Of all the years I have watched us I do still regard Andy Ritchies class of 99 to be the poorest side I've seen however that team had John Sheridan in it who could pass the ball about. If you have a player like that in your team it brings a calm to the other players particularly the younger ones. We are kind of asking Ollie Banks to do that job right now. I actually don't think he's that badder player but at 21 I don't think he's ready to dictate the midfield yet. I'd rather him and Fane were 3rd and 4th choice in the middle right now rather than starters.

Edited by GlossopLatic

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING

I really don't mind such a banner being put up it means that you can beat more talented teams if you out work them, Id like us to take that mentality to Sheffield United next week.

The problem we appear to have is what are we working hard on? Our passing is dreadful and too many players need too many touches of the ball to get it under control are we working on 1 and 2 touch passes because if we are and what we saw yesterday is a result of that then we clearly are not working hard enough on it.

Of all the years I have watched us I do still regard Andy Ritchies class of 99 to be the poorest side I've seen however that team had John Sheridan in it who could pass the ball about. If you have a player like that in your team it brings a calm to the other players particularly the younger ones. We are kind of asking Ollie Banks to do that job right now. I actually don't think he's that badder player but at 21 I don't think he's ready to dictate the midfield yet. I'd rather him and Fane were 3rd and 4th choice in the middle right now rather than starters.

There's no tempo and neither is it coached into them. The tactics are safety first passing slowly. The walking footballers I've coached have more tempo about them.

Play with tempo, press with tempo - you win football matches. Robbozzzz is the type of man that takes three hours to eat a bowl of rice krispies as he has to name each one....

Stop knocking Corney FFS! He'd happily sell up but his 'owners' won't allow him until they get their investment back. That won't happen so Corney is battling to keep the club afloat and operational on hugely restrictive budgets. He personally cannot fund investment so we are where we are.

It's easy for us fans to criticise Corney when it's not our money we're asking him to try and fill the black hole of funding a successful League One club.

2. Success never happens and with the 2008 crash, Blitz left the club and his £6m+ loan doesn't need repaying until we're in the Prem or until club is sold

3. Corney steps up to the plate with no support from Blitz and try's to fund running of club on his limited wealth and income from club, which is sub-League One

4. Club struggles, players poached or leave and we enter a downward spiral as income reduces, no additional investment and budget means our chances of success dwindle each season

5. Club remains on open sale - no takers willing to spend £6m+ that is then locked into a club struggling in League One, limited off-field opportunity and empathetic support from Oldham as a town

Somebody buying the club as a tenant willing to invest personally in the hope of succeeding and then buying the ground from Blitz when we reach the Prem

Club folds, remains extinct and then Blitz is free to sell the ground and land for non-football development

Delusional, this mess is his fault, the reason the club is dead, crowds have halfed and the lack of spirit is due to him simple as. Continuous bad decisions, continious mistakes and continious lies. Simple as that. 2500-3000 fans have gone missing under his tenure, or to you is that just a coincidence?

Delusional, this mess is his fault, the reason the club is dead, crowds have halfed and the lack of spirit is due to him simple as. Continuous bad decisions, continious mistakes and continious lies. Simple as that. 2500-3000 fans have gone missing under his tenure, or to you is that just a coincidence?

Tbf that needed posting 16 times.

Well done sir!

Edited by oafcprozac

Banks is 24.

He's clearly trying to base himself on the Busquets' of this world, but what makes them great is their passing through the lines into the feet of the strikers and attacking midfielders.

Predictably, like everybody else Robinson favours, Banks doesn't have the intent to play that role. He's a merchant of sideways passing - loves a long-ball into space which doesn't give us any form of advantage.

I don't want to give him too much stick because he looks for the ball at least - the likes of Flynn and Green have even stopped doing that - but he's just indicative of this horrible, impotent style we have adopted.

Don't know why but you posting that 16 times made me think of this. At least it made me smile.

https://youtu.be/fOad90BvvjM

There's no tempo and neither is it coached into them. The tactics are safety first passing slowly. The walking footballers I've coached have more tempo about them.

Play with tempo, press with tempo - you win football matches. Robbozzzz is the type of man that takes three hours to eat a bowl of rice krispies as he has to name each one....

You are right their is no tempo not just in our passing but in our pressing too it does look very easy for teams to pass through us. You have to ask do the players know what to do before the ball comes to them. They need to be thinking a step ahead.

But these are basics and we are not even doing them right.

The whole team needs to be 15 yards further upfield . Our forwards are isolated and we are not far enough forward to win back early possession

To be controversial can I suggest we are deep because we are frightened of Clarke' s lack of pace over the ground being exposed by space behind .

My other theory is that we set up so that the midfielders role is to support the back 4 not the front 2

I like you

The whole team needs to be 15 yards further upfield . Our forwards are isolated and we are not far enough forward to win back early possession

To be controversial can I suggest we are deep because we are frightened of Clarke' s lack of pace over the ground being exposed by space behind .

My other theory is that we set up so that the midfielders role is to support the back 4 not the front 2

Watching the highlights back, I was amazed by how deep we were when Clarke managed to block that chance.

We're penned in our own half most home games, playing like the away side.

Your first suggestion is plausible, your second is downright obvious...

Watching the highlights back, I was amazed by how deep we were when Clarke managed to block that chance.

We're penned in our own half most home games, playing like the away side.

Your first suggestion is plausible, your second is downright obvious...

You managed to watch the highlights? Yesterday has nearly put me off for life never mind watching it again.