I'm torn about this one. Yes, they're horrible :censored:, but so are Lewisham council.

And there's no way any of them would be allowed into Southwark and Hamlet territory, which is but a few yards away from The Den.

They're saying they might be forced to move to Kent...to somewhere like Dartford, which will be nice for their fans because that's where they all live.

Sorry but I know a few Milwall fans who are sound & looked after is both times we have played them. My niece is Grandad and family support them. Nice people you will met.

Yes they have had a nasty reputation more so than others.

But this sets a worrying trend & if goes through could happen to other clubs and have a lot of local fans who be sad to see there local club go to the wall or relocate to Kent.

Hopefully fan power and a good legal team will put a stop to this.

Never had an issue at Millwall...proper fans should stick together when these things happen. Feel for them, another victim of greedy bastards ignoring the one thing that keeps a community together, going to the local game on a Saturday. Build another soulless out of town stadium for another load of plastic fans and corporate cocks to support? :censored: the council!

Sorry but I know a few Milwall fans who are sound & looked after is both times we have played them. My niece is Grandad and family support them. Nice people you will met.

Yes they have had a nasty reputation more so than others.

But this sets a worrying trend & if goes through could happen to other clubs and have a lot of local fans who be sad to see there local club go to the wall or relocate to Kent. They absolutely hate there chairman berlyson,

Hopefully fan power and a good legal team will put a stop to this.

I'm not well versed with the area or property law but are they just buying plots of land around the ground they can't build on the Den can they?

Not the stadium, but the land includes the car park which if sold for housing development will create a big problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/16/millwall-battle-den-john-berylson-lewisham-andy-ambler

I'm not well versed with the area or property law but are they just buying plots of land around the ground they can't build on the Den can they?

No reason why they can't CPO the Den. They're currently after the land where the supporters club is and (I think) the indoor training pitches, which would be a total ballache for them to lose, but they're really after the Den.

I struggle to sympathise with the Millwall supporters after the train back from Colchester away a few years ago. They were on their way back (to Kent) from Ipswich and we started a food fight among ourselves when we got on. A stray piece of tigerbread hits one of them in the mush and all hell breaks loose. You'd think they'd be grateful. Some people!

A lot of their support has been priced out of London over the past decade and a half. (It turns out that robbing houses rather than going to school doesn't keep you in London in the long term.) This CPO business is just another kick in the teeth for them (or at least for the ones who've got teeth).

I'm having a bit of fun, but it does stink...especially when there's a home game.

Can't stop myself now. It's not right what's happening is all.

No reason why they can't CPO the Den. They're currently after the land where the supporters club is and (I think) the indoor training pitches, which would be a total ballache for them to lose, but they're really after the Den.

I struggle to sympathise with the Millwall supporters after the train back from Colchester away a few years ago. They were on their way back (to Kent) from Ipswich and we started a food fight among ourselves when we got on. A stray piece of tigerbread hits one of them in the mush and all hell breaks loose. You'd think they'd be grateful. Some people!

A lot of their support has been priced out of London over the past decade and a half. (It turns out that robbing houses rather than going to school doesn't keep you in London in the long term.) This CPO business is just another kick in the teeth for them (or at least for the ones who've got teeth).

I'm having a bit of fun, but it does stink...especially when there's a home game.

Can't stop myself now. It's not right what's happening is all.

Sounds a pretty :censored: situation for Millwall in all honesty I know Londons property situation is dire but literally kicking a football club out of their home.

Did you throw any couscous, Kale or quinoa in this food fight.

Sounds a pretty :censored: situation for Millwall in all honesty I know Londons property situation is dire but literally kicking a football club out of their home.

Did you throw any couscous, Kale or quinoa in this food fight.

Save those for the minibus to Dulwich Hamlet away games. Someone sweeps up afterwards and sends it to refugees or famine areas, which eases everyone's consciences.

• 3 weeks later...

The CPO has been abandoned today.

Council support pretty much dissolved once it turned out that the foundation (SCSF) involved (and which the mayor is a director of) had made false claims about having secured charitable funding.

A victory for football.

I know what the council tried to do was wrong, but it was only really really wrong because of the brazen corruption.

The Den and Bermondsey is about a 30-minute walk from London Bridge...30 minutes basically from the City of London. There are excellent transport links to Canary Wharf, Docklands and the whole of London. It's miles closer to St Paul's cathedral than Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham, Palace, Charlton and Dulwich Hamlet. There's a chronic housing shortage in London, and the land on which the Den is built is worth an unbelievable amount more as real estate than it is as a football ground. Millwall objected to the CPO, but I can see a Millwall owner pulling a similar stunt in future. Let's not forget that "Millwall" the place is north of the river, on the Isle of Dogs. They've moved before.

Having said that, there was a massive outcry among the toothless ones when they moved from The Den to The New Den...a distance of less than a mile.