Make a tall team

Trying to remember some exceptionally tall players we have had in the past - the first thought was Ian Olney but wiki says he was only 6'1' he seemed way taller

Are sure you are not thinking Ian Ormondroyd?

Matt Smith is probably the tallest player we've had in recent years he was 6'6

Are sure you are not thinking Ian Ormondroyd?

Matt Smith is probably the tallest player we've had in recent years he was 6'6

Yes your right I was thinking of Ian Ormondroyd - 6'5" Like peter couch without the goals

Edited by Stagger Lee

Sums up all what's still wrong with British football. Rely on size and strength and raw passion rather than skill ability and desire.

Throw money in to the mix with the youngsters and u start to realise why we are :censored:.

I watch a lot of kids football, dribbling not taught, how to controla ball isn't taught. A lot get bollocked for trying a trick or a dribble. Do we not want to be entertained? I'm sick of this turgid position passing or boot it to the big man let's get some flair back in the game and don't jump on there backs if 1 goes wrong

Edited by OAFCinWolves

I recall singing "The Stick is back, The Stick is Back, whoah, whoah" when he scored his first goal of his second spell.

8 in 31 in that period. Prolific compared to the bunch we have at the moment.

In fact Olney, Smith and Ormonroyd were all decent enough and a handful for defenders.

He was also absolutely :censored:e.

Much better in his second spell.

Scored on his second home debut v WBA,

bagged a brace in our first win of the season v Port Vale in our 10/11th game in early October.

Scored at Grimsby

Equaliser at the Bin Dippers

Winner at Wolves

Winner at home to CIty

Put us in front in Warnock's first game.

Think was it. Colin didn't really fancy him, preferring the midgets of Banger and Barlow.

First spell he scored once in a 2-1 defeat at Palace. But swapping him for Big Ron was a poor decision from Big Joe. Might have got an automatic place if Futcher had stayed.

Much better in his second spell.

Scored on his second home debut v WBA,

bagged a brace in our first win of the season v Port Vale in our 10/11th game in early October.

Scored at Grimsby

Equaliser at the Bin Dippers

Winner at Wolves

Winner at home to CIty

Put us in front in Warnock's first game.

Think was it. Colin didn't really fancy him, preferring the midgets of Banger and Barlow.

First spell he scored once in a 2-1 defeat at Palace. But swapping him for Big Ron was a poor decision from Big Joe. Might have got an automatic place if Futcher had stayed.

Ormondroyd was absolutely brilliant in that game against City.

If I remember right, didn't Ormonroyd score a great looping header at Wolves? Think we won 1-0. It was near Christmas time I think.

Threw a few strops in his career I seem to remember.

Edited by BP1960

I recall singing "The Stick is back, The Stick is Back, whoah, whoah" when he scored his first goal of his second spell.

8 in 31 in that period. Prolific compared to the bunch we have at the moment.

In fact Olney, Smith and Ormonroyd were all decent enough and a handful for defenders.

Olney was very under rated. He was a kid really and to score 12 (13) in his first year here was a great achievement seeing as Joe did away with wingers for most of the season and his partner (Sharp) was out injured for half the season. So to bag that amount of goals whilst up top on his own was a cracking achievement. I remember the night we beat Manchester United, he was fantastic that night ran his blood to water and didn't give Bruce and Pallister a minute that night...

If I remember right, didn't Ormonroyd score a great looping header at Wolves? Think we won 1-0. It was near Christmas time I think.

Proof that for a golden week (cant find the city game) before Xmas 1996, that Ormondroyd was not :censored:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_Tt02TyeA

Was at Molineux that day, bright moment in a miserable season.

Proof that for a golden week (cant find the city game) before Xmas 1996, that Ormondroyd was not :censored:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_Tt02TyeA

Was at Molineux that day, bright moment in a miserable season.

Not quite looping, but still a cracking header!

Great to see Gary Kelly throwing himself about as well.

Happy days.