Back-markers battling to avoid dreaded drop

3 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Can't see us getting 10 more points, though I think we'll do enough to survive. Other teams are in far poorer form than us

We will get 10 points if we really need them look at those last 3 fixtures they will all be on holiday by that time.  I think 8 will be enough. Basically we will get just enough to survive then put the handbrake on.

5 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Can't see us getting 10 more points, though I think we'll do enough to survive. Other teams are in far poorer form than us

I would be amazed if we got 10 points. However I think he is overly optimistic with his predictions for other teams as well

I'm no longer convinced that 50 points will be enough.  I hope I'm wrong.  I don't buy the idea that it is better to play against teams that 'have nothing to play for'.

It does seem that the bottom three are unlikely to trouble us but it looks like there is a group of 7 teams with potential to go down and the possibility of a dog fight in the low 50s.  Both Charlton and MK Dons could fall back as their form is poor.

The loss to Coventry will not have helped their chances but Port Vale do have the games to get above 50.

I think we might need something against Wimbledon.

45 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I'm no longer convinced that 50 points will be enough.  I hope I'm wrong.  I don't buy the idea that it is better to play against teams that 'have nothing to play for'.

It does seem that the bottom three are unlikely to trouble us but it looks like there is a group of 7 teams with potential to go down and the possibility of a dog fight in the low 50s.  Both Charlton and MK Dons could fall back as their form is poor.

The loss to Coventry will not have helped their chances but Port Vale do have the games to get above 50.

I think we might need something against Wimbledon.

Believe me. 20th place will need 48 points, at the the most.