Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You've said bailiffs turned up without giving any context, I'd say that's more shitstirring than fact.

Of course if true it is not a good thing, nobody would suggest otherwise.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Turning up for a 50 grand tax bill is a story, turning up for a 100 quid sandwich bill, not so much.

Yes, you would call it that. That is because you're the sort that would prefer such thing as bailiffs turning up to not be reported.

How can I add context when I don't know it? That then would not be fact. 

And funny to see you admit bailiffs turning up "is not a good thing, nobody would suggest otherwise" then 2 minutes later suggest otherwise :lol::stupid:

I'd be more worried if we couldn't pay a £100 sandwich bill! What next...can't pay 50p for the lecky???

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Turning up for a 50 grand tax bill is a story, turning up for a 100 quid sandwich bill, not so much.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes, you would call it that. That is because you're the sort that would prefer such thing as bailiffs turning up to not be reported.

How can I add context when I don't know it? That then would not be fact. 

And funny to see you admit bailiffs turning up "is not a good thing, nobody would suggest otherwise" then 2 minutes later suggest otherwise :lol::stupid:

I'd be more worried if we couldn't pay a £100 sandwich bill! What next...can't pay 50p for the lecky???

I've got to agree, Bailiffs turning up for a £50k tax bill would be a major worry as we probably don't have the money to pay straight away and they'll be selling things of dirt cheap to pay for it.

But to let a £100/£200 bill get to Bailiffs stage is gross incompetence/ and an indicator we are perilously close to going under, were it not for the permiter advertsing etc.

But it interesting in the context of Brassbank side of things. Is oen being run down more than the other in readiness for something? Obviously I have no idea, just seeing if more evidence can materialise to possibly join dots. May or not be correct.

Edited by singe

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So no details other than it defo happened and we should all be concerned.

Some might question your motives here...

We've had several large pieces of groundsmans equipment repo'd over the last few months. 

That detail enough for you?

2 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

We've had several large pieces of groundsmans equipment repo'd over the last few months. 

Wasn't aware of that, probably not alone in that.

I love detail, crucial element to most tales.

28 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Hence me being a little sarcastic saying instead of £200.00 refund I have some nice equipment that promotes grass growth and a tractor to mow it....oh dear....

Sorry singe I not that heartless to put the knife in for £200.00..heheh .

Jorvik is right when we do know a business that is £400.00 from last year and its still not been paid. So if they were not latics fans, they could genuinely jump on the WUP and could still do so

Edited by underdog

Guest davidshaw

Erm... said I wouldn't get embroiled but just another observation. Facts are fine but has anybody actually got the "facts" behind repossession of grass cutting equipment etc?

For example, might they have been on lease? The leases have expired and, as is perfectly normal, someone comes to collect them on behalf of the lessor to be sold at auction and realise their residual value. If that's the case, then perfectly normal and not an out and out "repossession". A repo would be when the lessee has defaulted on payment and the owner sends an agent to repossess their asset, sell it and pursue any shortfall thereafter.

I have no idea but, again, in the absence of fact it's all pure speculation serving little purpose. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion but as fans should we not be putting all our energy into supporting the club/team rather than concerning ourselves with stuff we cannot influence?

I`ve just had the best weekend in a long time thanks to an excellent performance against Fleetwood and the return of a "feel good" factor. I think most people can see things are changing for the better and the more we support, the more our fantastic club will flourish.

2 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

Erm... said I wouldn't get embroiled but just another observation. Facts are fine but has anybody actually got the "facts" behind repossession of grass cutting equipment etc?

For example, might they have been on lease? The leases have expired and, as is perfectly normal, someone comes to collect them on behalf of the lessor to be sold at auction and realise their residual value. If that's the case, then perfectly normal and not an out and out "repossession". A repo would be when the lessee has defaulted on payment and the owner sends an agent to repossess their asset, sell it and pursue any shortfall thereafter.

I have no idea but, again, in the absence of fact it's all pure speculation serving little purpose. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion but as fans should we not be putting all our energy into supporting the club/team rather than concerning ourselves with stuff we cannot influence?

I`ve just had the best weekend in a long time thanks to an excellent performance against Fleetwood and the return of a "feel good" factor. I think most people can see things are changing for the better and the more we support, the more our fantastic club will flourish.

Funny. I didn't say grass cutting equipment.

Guest davidshaw
1 minute ago, blueatheart said:

Funny. I didn't say grass cutting equipment.

My mistake then - think someone else mentioned grass cutting equipment or something - whatever equipment it was - could it have been on lease etc. etc. and simply recovered as is normal at the end of said lease rather than repossessed? - that's all I was asking.

2 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

You don't concern yourself with it then. Nobody is asking you to. Leave those who see what's happening regularly and see it as a constant ever-nearing threat to the weekend you've just enjoyed to worry about those things. Btw, people were saying the exact same things you were back in 2003 and Chris Moore was joining them in the stands.

By the way, having a season ticket and going to as many games away as I can is putting my energy into supporting the club/team.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest davidshaw
1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You don't concern yourself with it then. Nobody is asking you to. Leave those who see what's happening regularly and see it as a constant ever-nearing threat to the weekend you've just enjoyed to worry about those things.

By the way, having a season ticket and going to as many games away as I can is putting my energy into supporting the club/team.

my sincere apologies for just trying to establish some facts but no, I definitely won't worry about it - I'd rather concentrate on positive energy for my team.

10 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

my sincere apologies for just trying to establish some facts but no, I definitely won't worry about it - I'd rather concentrate on positive energy for my team.

You didn't come here to establish facts. Re-read your first post. You came as a wolf in sheeps clothing to tell us to stop worrying. You weren't asking for facts. You expect to put in your opening "There does appear to be a fair few "supporters" who like to create negativity about Latics" and expect not to be taken up on it. You came to have a dig but ever so politely.

I save most of my positive energy for good results, good decisions by the club and for 90 minutes on a matchday. The former 2 of which have been in short supply for over a decade,

Edited by boundaryblue80

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Always the Chris Moore line...

Yes. Coz it's true...

Always the "he admits he's made mistakes" line...

Always the "all clubs don't pay their loan fees on time" line...

Always the "most clubs pay their tax bills late and get winding up orders served, it means nothing" line...

Always the "we struggle because of the 2 Manchester clubs" line...

We could write a bible sized book of these lines....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest davidshaw
2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You didn't come here to establish facts. Re-read your first post. You came as a wolf in sheeps clothing to tell us to stop worrying. You weren't asking for facts. You expect to put in your opening "There does appear to be a fair few "supporters" who like to create negativity about Latics" and expect not to be taken up on it. You came to have a dig but ever so politely.

I save most of my positive energy for good results, good decisions by the club and for 90 minutes on a matchday. The latter 2 of which have been in short supply for over a decade,

I won't get into an argument with you boundary - online conversations can often be taken out of context - and yes I do try to be polite and respectful generally.

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

As I said above... " It is a fact the bailiffs turned up last week. I don't know the facts of why. "

As I say, it's nothing to feel positive about. We are clapping at shiny new ad boards to get our kicks now. And even that has been done in a shit way that has undermined the Trust and left them with nothing from the project except empty promises and a call for people to come and get their money back.

All facts. When folk come on here with "insight" etc. they get asked for facts or derided. Then facts get aired and it's "oh...you're just negative and have an agenda." See how it works?

You're doing a good job for Simon tho, Comrade!

There you go again. Can't help yourself can you. Immature. Like arguing with a kid. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Hence me being a little sarcastic saying instead of £200.00 refund I have some nice equipment that promotes grass growth and a tractor to mow it....oh dear....

Sorry singe I not that heartless to put the knife in for £200.00..heheh .

Jorvik is right when we do know a business that is £400.00 from last year and its still not been paid. So if they were not latics fans, they could genuinely jump on the WUP and could still do so

I really didn't think you had!!

8 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

And here is comrade number two!

giphy.gif

Comedy genius. On a proper forum this kind of nonsense isn't allowed. Ganging up to belittle an opinion or viewpoint that is different to your own is telling though. Try not to blame others for your failure in life, look inwardly. That way you can move on, grow as a person.  Ta love.