Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, underdog said:

The owner has now made a statement that he owned it and has taken it away. The trust, I presume myself and Jorvik never said reposessed. 

Evidence of a photo was seen too, so I will hold my hands up and say that I jumped the gun too soon after another poster had mentioned it and should have allowed us (trust) to find out first.

so this one is my personal error and none of the other trust members should be tarnished because of my mistake/mis direction.

please let it not distract from a healthy debate we are having on this thread of the WUP

Healthy debate??? More like you trying to stir trouble more like! You got this one wrong who says you have got more wrong. Clearly the trust aren't trusted with knowing club info as this is what happens and it gets twisted. So forgive me for not hanging on your every word! 

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Healthy debate??? More like you trying to stir trouble more like! You got this one wrong who says you have got more wrong. Clearly the trust aren't trusted with knowing club info as this is what happens and it gets twisted. So forgive me for not hanging on your every word! 

Perhaps if the Trust was volunteered information on unusual financial events in a timely manner any inaccuracies would be avoided.

6 hours ago, adamoafc said:

You got this one wrong who says you have got more wrong. Clearly the trust aren't trusted with knowing club info as this is what happens and it gets twisted.

May I ask how old you are Adam. since that train of thought seems quite worrying.

It is quite obvious that the Trust are being missed out of the loop. That in itself is very worrying

7 hours ago, adamoafc said:

If I'm wrong then I hold my hand up and I have done. If that has made you doubt all that I say then I have to accept that too. But I did not post what I did with my trust hat on, I did not state as a member of the trust...and I did not say as far as I'm aware the word "Repossessed" I said taken away which it was and I saw a photo too, which the owner confirmed that is what he did. A picture can tell a thousands stories. Like I said I jumped the gun too soon on this one without the trust confirming what had happened first.

There is other in formation out there by other sources, legitimate too for all to digest and come up with you own conclusion 

thanks

1 hour ago, underdog said:

If I'm wrong then I hold my hand up and I have done. If that has made you doubt all that I say then I have to accept that too. But I did not post what I did with my trust hat on, I did not state as a member of the trust...and I did not say as far as I'm aware the word "Repossessed" I said taken away which it was and I saw a photo too, which the owner confirmed that is what he did. A picture can tell a thousands stories. Like I said I jumped the gun too soon on this one without the trust confirming what had happened first.

There is other in formation out there by other sources, legitimate too for all to digest and come up with you own conclusion 

thanks

You are always posting with your trust hat on. You have no choice. Such a ridiculous thing to say.  

Imagine a player or club official saying "I'm not posting with my club hat on here, but the trust are a corrupt set of fucking idiots".

Get a grip. 

Edited by kowenicki

On 3/29/2017 at 3:04 PM, blueatheart said:

Wrong.

Other creditors can jump on it if they wish.

But they won't if they want their money back in full. As the best they an hope for if we get wound up is  probbly about 40p in the £1 unless we have some hidden assets.

Guest davidshaw

Just caught up with this thread - and it's nice to see the facts (as detailed on another thread) of "mowergate" have now been cleared up. Credit to underdog for holding her hands up too - gracious of you. 

I have been somewhat slagged off by some on here for some reason. All I ever asked for was the facts - and as we now have them, this was indeed a nothing story.

Someone has said that I am trying to undermine the Trust. No I`m not - I want it to be a professional, powerful voice for the supporters. Nobody from the Trust should involve themselves in tittle tattle - it reflects badly. The Trust is a great initiative - but I just think it needs to refocus and become a positive force for the good of the fans of the club. Two cracking wins - we are staying up - let's build a real head of steam ready for the start of next season and get some more fans back through the gate. That should be the Trust's number one priority in my view. 

2 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

But they won't if they want their money back in full. As the best they an hope for if we get wound up is  probbly about 40p in the £1 unless we have some hidden assets.

Here's hoping, but Leyton Orient would tell you a different story 

9 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

Just caught up with this thread - and it's nice to see the facts (as detailed on another thread) of "mowergate" have now been cleared up. Credit to underdog for holding her hands up too - gracious of you. 

I have been somewhat slagged off by some on here for some reason. All I ever asked for was the facts - and as we now have them, this was indeed a nothing story.

Someone has said that I am trying to undermine the Trust. No I`m not - I want it to be a professional, powerful voice for the supporters. Nobody from the Trust should involve themselves in tittle tattle - it reflects badly. The Trust is a great initiative - but I just think it needs to refocus and become a positive force for the good of the fans of the club. Two cracking wins - we are staying up - let's build a real head of steam ready for the start of next season and get some more fans back through the gate. That should be the Trust's number one priority in my view. 

Please stop catching up and just keep up .

7 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

May I ask how old you are Adam. since that train of thought seems quite worrying.

It is quite obvious that the Trust are being missed out of the loop. That in itself is very worrying

I'm 28 not that it has anything to do with it. Every member of the trust doesn't need to know everything from the club.

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I'm 28 not that it has anything to do with it. Every member of the trust doesn't need to know everything from the club.

Then may i ask how do you see the trust role with club and chairman. We have a seat

on the board of OAFC and I'm curios to see how you see us being a custodial of that role of club . Or what you see a a fan representative should be doing. Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Then may i ask how do you see the trust role with club and chairman. We have a seat

on the board of OAFC and I'm curios to see how you see us being a custodial of that role of club . Or what you see a a fan representative should be doing. Thanks in advance

How long has the trust been going since 2004 is it? How many times have the trust come out publicly and challenged anything said by the club? Once over the scoreboard. The trust needs to decide what it wants to be; someone to work along side corney and agree with everything he says or work along side corney but stand up for the fans and be 'honest' with us instead of feeding us these lines of how the club is on its arse and it's all corneys fault. Give us some real figures and facts. The first time you have challenged the club publicly they had to react with the scoreboard refund. Time to stop hiding in the shadows. 

This is directed at not the fans Rep but the trust board as a whole have to take blame as you are all one! 

10 hours ago, davidshaw said:

Two cracking wins - we are staying up - let's build a real head of steam ready for the start of next season and get some more fans back through the gate. That should be the Trust's number one priority in my view. 

No. It's the Club's job to run the Club. The Trust will help out wherever we can but it's the Club's job to make it appealing for fans to come along.

The fundamental job of the Trust is to make sure that there is a club there for fans to support. There is clear information that makes us concerned about this, therefore we have said so.

9 hours ago, leeslover said:

No. It's the Club's job to run the Club. The Trust will help out wherever we can but it's the Club's job to make it appealing for fans to come along.

The fundamental job of the Trust is to make sure that there is a club there for fans to support. There is clear information that makes us concerned about this, therefore we have said so.

I agree totally. However for us occasional forum visitors is there an executive summary anywhere of what has cause the clearly genuine concerns of intelligent Trust members who have the best interests of OAFC at heart to emerge at this point in time

Is there something beyond the WUP, and the mower and scoreboard ....those are certainly symptoms that all is not well. Are there any other headline issues

thanks

9 hours ago, adamoafc said:

How long has the trust been going since 2004 is it? How many times have the trust come out publicly and challenged anything said by the club? Once over the scoreboard. The trust needs to decide what it wants to be; someone to work along side corney and agree with everything he says or work along side corney but stand up for the fans and be 'honest' with us instead of feeding us these lines of how the club is on its arse and it's all corneys fault. Give us some real figures and facts. The first time you have challenged the club publicly they had to react with the scoreboard refund. Time to stop hiding in the shadows. 

This is directed at not the fans Rep but the trust board as a whole have to take blame as you are all one! 

I appreciate your thoughts and hope you can see the reasons of late of the Trust harder stance.

The trust AGM will be called over summer, once a date has been set, why don't you come and meet the team if you are free, see if you would like to get involved too as this  is your Trust

3 hours ago, Magister said:

I agree totally. However for us occasional forum visitors is there an executive summary anywhere of what has cause the clearly genuine concerns of intelligent Trust members who have the best interests of OAFC at heart to emerge at this point in time

Is there something beyond the WUP, and the mower and scoreboard ....those are certainly symptoms that all is not well. Are there any other headline issues

thanks

The only fact that I can gather from this forum topic is that HMRC issued a WUP and the hearing is the 8 May.  The rest appears to be speculation.

5 hours ago, Magister said:

thanks

The WUP is the biggest known fact that creates concern. We know that we owe other people money but have no idea how much or who. Whilst there is an element of joining dots up, or speculation if you like, IMO it's sufficient to be alarmed.

I was first concerned last year when we took the first Necarcu loan out as it appeared to be borrowing against the following season's money after the win win offer. What we know since seems to show that we are further behind since then.

8 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The WUP is the biggest known fact that creates concern. We know that we owe other people money but have no idea how much or who. Whilst there is an element of joining dots up, or speculation if you like, IMO it's sufficient to be alarmed.

I was first concerned last year when we took the first Necarcu loan out as it appeared to be borrowing against the following season's money after the win win offer. What we know since seems to show that we are further behind since then.

Also the fact that we couldn't pay the HMRC £20k on time (leading to the WUP) just after receiving that loan and £400k ish payment from the Football League. 

Even if it was a slight mix up that we didn't pay on time, it's very poor management to let it get anywhere near the process when we have other creditors circling (bailiffs as 1 known example). That's the worry. 

Yes because smaller creditors would love to jump on an existing WUP to make sure they get almost none of their debt paid.... of course they would.

Its a worry because you seem to be a worrier.  Listen to the match and chill out.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Yes because smaller creditors would love to jump on an existing WUP to make sure they get almost none of their debt paid.... of course they would.

Its a worry because you seem to be a worrier.  Listen to the match and chill out.

There he is. 

Who's to say they will get paid anyway if they don't? Something is better than nothing. 

I really am am not a natural worrier. If you think all is rosy then fine. I don't. 

I am chilled and and I am listening to the match. Not that I need you to tell me what to do. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

There he is. 

Who's to say they will get paid anyway if they don't? Something is better than nothing. 

I really am am not a natural worrier. If you think all is rosy then fine. I don't. 

I am chilled and and I am listening to the match. Not that I need you to tell me what to do. 

here I am

got over lawnmower gate yet?  embarrassing.

Edited by kowenicki