Further info on winding up petition process

Guest davidshaw
1 minute ago, blueatheart said:

We're the subject of a winding up petition and a court hearing in less than four weeks. Not very much could easily be far too much.

blueatheart - my last comment because these things tend to go round in circles. Been involved in many a WUP in the past - the vast majority of which ended up nowhere - they were a tool often used far too quickly, particularly by certain entities. Bit like the most local authorities have done with "council tax arrears" - they used to have a softly softly approach via arrears letters - now it's a 10 day letter and then a claim in court and a CCJ if you don't pay up. End result - people pay up quicker - it's a collections tactic which works because of the threat it carries.

Let's see what happens.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

blueatheart - my last comment because these things tend to go round in circles. Been involved in many a WUP in the past - the vast majority of which ended up nowhere - they were a tool often used far too quickly, particularly by certain entities. Bit like the most local authorities have done with "council tax arrears" - they used to have a softly softly approach via arrears letters - now it's a 10 day letter and then a claim in court and a CCJ if you don't pay up. End result - people pay up quicker - it's a collections tactic which works because of the threat it carries.

Let's see what happens.

The club had recently received a large loan from a company and some money from the football league. Of any time, the club shouldn't be struggling to lay basic tax bills after a £350k injection. 

As you say, let's see what happens, but it smacks of chronic mismanagement of cash flow to me. 

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Lots of new members signing up recently with rose-tinted glasses on. Interesting.

Heaven forbid people have different views. 

You should welcome debate and proper discussion or doesn't that suit?

11 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

McDuff have you ever considered moving to live in North Korea? Seems perfect for your mentality

To be fair that's a bit ironic. The vocal majority here act more like North Korea shutting others down if they can.... intolerance, and foul mouthed, ignorant put downs not uncommon. Not sure why one particular poster isn't banned by now. 

53 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

McDuff have you ever considered moving to live in North Korea? Seems perfect for your mentality

Yep. I say something sounds like hearsay so I should live in North Korea. Makes sense. As much sense as people saying stuff was repossessed without any proof. 

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yep. I say something sounds like hearsay so I should live in North Korea. Makes sense. As much sense as people saying stuff was repossessed without any proof. 

Copernicus couldnt actually prove to the layman that the Earth wasnt flat. Imagine you and Kowenicki discussing his theory over a pint on a Friday evening!

Now that would be a conversation which would soon dissappear down its own inaccuracies.

OAFC Ltd is a skint football club with diminishing returns grabbing ever sooner at future income and/or 'voluntary contributions.'

Of course it pays its bills as and when they fall due! How very silly the majority of us posters are! Obviously we were stupid to even doubt the business plan.

47 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Copernicus couldnt actually prove to the layman that the Earth wasnt flat. Imagine you and Kowenicki discussing his theory over a pint on a Friday evening!

Now that would be a conversation which would soon dissappear down its own inaccuracies.

OAFC Ltd is a skint football club with diminishing returns grabbing ever sooner at future income and/or 'voluntary contributions.'

Of course it pays its bills as and when they fall due! How very silly the majority of us posters are! Obviously we were stupid to even doubt the business plan.

Welcome to lower league football. Aside from a few exceptions that the way it is. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Welcome to lower league football. Aside from a few exceptions that the way it is. 

What a great mindset that is, take your head out of the sand. The club makes mistake after mistake which compounds the challenging industry they are in, but it's not doomed. There are some changes they could make which would improve things, and some of them won't even cost a penny. 

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So the bloke who actually owns the equipment says he took it back and there is nothing amiss here and  a senior trust member still thinks there is something wrong. This is not the trust standing up and asking questions it is peddling ill informed nonsense.

Doesn't matter who says what or who does what. Some on here will find a way to point the finger at Corney for everything. They love the negativity and slagging the club off.

People can point the finger for his actual mistakes all they want, that's fair enough, but when it's just purely to whip up shit on here it's embarrassing.

Have a day off you miserable €¥#¿$

Just now, whittles left foot said:

So the bloke who actually owns the equipment says he took it back and there is nothing amiss here and  a senior trust member still thinks there is something wrong. This is not the trust standing up and asking questions it is peddling ill informed nonsense.

The owner has now made a statement that he owned it and has taken it away. The trust, I presume myself and Jorvik never said reposessed. 

Evidence of a photo was seen too, so I will hold my hands up and say that I jumped the gun too soon after another poster had mentioned it and should have allowed us (trust) to find out first.

so this one is my personal error and none of the other trust members should be tarnished because of my mistake/mis direction.

please let it not distract from a healthy debate we are having on this thread of the WUP

43 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Exactly.

Question though. Why did Mr CTM take so long to put people right when he saw it posted if it was such a straightforward thing? 

What the !? Ha.  Deary me. Let it go, you are sounding ridiculous.