Further info on winding up petition process

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

The size of the Trust shareholding isn't really an issue. The Trust is legally entitled to a seat on the Board with all the rights and privileges that entails. Simon Brooke could be compromised in his day job if he were found not to have discharged his OAFC role correctly and it certainly isn't the case that any Director can be cut out of important decisions or information 

I may not understand this correctly...

The trust is a shareholder isn't it?  The shareholders agreement will say what the shareholder is entitled to.  The size of the shareholding could very well be an issue in that situation.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kowenicki said:

didn't read the article did you....

This is based purely on CCJ and WUP's, CVA's etc.   A club can still be struggling financially and living hand to mouth without any of thosehappening.

Yes. I read all that. You did see Simons video nasty last year, yes? The one that told us most clubs are running the way we are and that there's nothing to be concerned about?

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes. I read all that. You did see Simons video nasty last year, yes? The one that told us most clubs are running the way we are and that there's nothing to be concerned about?

I don't recall it fully.  I just remember him saying most clubs are struggling and live hand to mouth or something like that.  That's true.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I may not understand this correctly...

The trust is a shareholder isn't it?  The shareholders agreement will say what the shareholder is entitled to.  The size of the shareholding could very well be an issue in that situation.

They are special shares which entitle us to a seat on the Board. The rights and obligations as a board member don't depend on any shareholding big or small.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

They are special shares which entitle us to a seat on the Board. The rights and obligations as a board member don't depend on any shareholding big or small.

That's true.  I wasn't aware of that.

So if they are being prevented from attending... kick off and demand it or report the board.   Demand the seat.

37 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Whilst everyone clamours for scoreboard donations to be refunded,the trust may as well enquire about cashing in it's 3%.

They have a face value of £1, which is a good thing as it limits the exposure of Trust Directors.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

That's true.  I wasn't aware of that.

So if they are being prevented from attending... kick off and demand it or report the board.   Demand the seat.

What board?

Barry, Ian and Antony? All of whom have support Corney loyally over the last how ever many years.

Complaining to the board has no power. The basic corporate governance around latics is terrible.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Read that. It is making a bit of a leap for a sensational headline.  It is actually based purely on CCJ registrations and WUP's.  Based on that criteria then of course we are one of them as we have a live WUP as far as we know.

So that's Bury, Bolton, Oldham and I don't know who else.  Doesn't necessarily mean they are at risk of 'going down the pan'. It just means they have some current issues.  I'd suggest the club at biggest risk is Bolton.  Indeed I have no idea why they are allowed trade.  They are losing £800k per month and their auditor would not sign them off as a going concern in their last accounts. They have cheated their way to promotion imo.  If they hadn't/don't go up they will go into admin I reckon.

And your :sauce:is?

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don't recall it fully.  I just remember him saying most clubs are struggling and live hand to mouth or something like that.  That's true.

You say it's true. Where are your facts???

This report suggests differently. Hand to mouth puts a club very much in peril especially if something comes along unexpectedly (like a terrible winter seeing many games postponed etc.). I'd suggest that could topple the 4 clubs mentioned in the report.

3 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

What board?

Larry, Moe and Curley? All of whom have support Corney loyally over the last how ever many years.

Complaining to the board has no power. The basic corporate governance around latics is terrible.

FTFY.

9 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

What board?

Barry, Ian and Antony? All of whom have support Corney loyally over the last how ever many years.

so consult a lawyer and demand the seat. 

Can I ask if a WUP is approved/authorised then we automatically will get relegated with a points deduction?

if a WUP happens after the season finishes then we are allowed to stay in this division but points deducted?

thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Can I ask if a WUP is approved/authorised then we automatically will get relegated with a points deduction?

if a WUP happens after the season finishes then we are allowed to stay in this division but points deducted?

thanks in advance

Are you for real? If a WUP is approved. We would be liquidated.  Aren't you on the trust? 

Edited by kowenicki

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Are you for real? If a WUP is approved. We would be liquidated.  Aren't you on the trust? 

Woah......I asked a question, wondering if could lead into new owners buying in but we would we penalised still at the start of the season. Maybe I should have been more clear on that point

And if I don't understand the process/ implications do you think the average fan does...whatever the average fan is

Edited by underdog

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

? wow. Thought trust committee would have been aware of stuff like this. Doesn't look good about who is fighting for us does it when they come out with stuff like that. 

44 minutes ago, underdog said:

thanks in advance

Wouldn't go that far someone would want the club push come to shove. Points are never deducted in the same season for admin always the season after. Which is obviously something which wouldn't happen if we went out of business 

Edited by adamoafc