Further info on winding up petition process

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

If they could take Jamie Reckord...

You know I chuckled out loud when I read this..oh dear...not to make light of seriousness of bailiffs paying us a visit.

I wonder what they came over and the amount?....I will see if anyone on the trust front knows..hmmmmm

Edited by underdog

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

You know I chuckled out loud when I read this..oh dear...not to make light of seriousness of bailiffs paying us a visit.

I wonder what they came over and the amount?....I will see if anyone on the trust front knows..hmmmmm

£200 apparently,  small claims court settled in favour of disgruntled fan, unfortunately the judgement came too late for her to take advantage of the early bird season ticket offer.

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

£200 apparently,  small claims court settled in favour of disgruntled fan, unfortunately the judgement came too late for her to take advantage of the early bird season ticket offer.

Soz, should have been an upboat!

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wasn't me....I settled for the night lighting rig for the pitch and a tractor/mower too...hehe

The front lawn looks fabulous I have to say 

hmmm mm the plot thickens 

Edited by underdog

7 minutes ago, singe said:

Wow, how can you let it get to Bailiffs for £200. knowing the charges that are racked up, it will probably be for a lot less, or that was the amount and it will be for a lot more.
What exactly are they during the day?

The £200 was a joke me thinks.

And the OP has an axe to grind anyway so take whatever he says with a pinch of salt...

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Wow, how can you let it get to Bailiffs for £200. knowing the charges that are racked up, it will probably be for a lot less, or that was the amount and it will be for a lot more.
What exactly are they during the day?

I think that was a quip at underdog having handed over £200 to the scoreboard fund.

I do know of someone who has been owed £400 by the club for some time though who can easily jump on this winding up petition (not that they will). It's these sorts of creditors who won't spend over £2k to take it this far but could end up winding our club up (in Leyton Orient's case, the club photographer added on to their winding up petition for £6k). That's the position we're in. With the date of the hearing of 8th May, there's also the risk of administration and ending up in League 2 as well. 

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

With the date of the hearing of 8th May, there's also the risk of administration and ending up in League 2 as well. 

I hadn't thought of this.

This is a serious situation. All we can hope is the club has appeased the rest of their creditors.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well you keep hinting at terrible things to come, if you know summat then spill the beans.

I know that we currently have a Winding Up Petition against us which goes to court in a month. I also know the process allows other creditors to attach onto this process. I also know that other football clubs have reported us to the Football League for money owed to them and we have been under transfer embargoes due to this. If we failed to pay the monthly £20k to HMRC in time, why is it so far fetched to believe that we will have other more insignificant creditors further down the list of importance who want their monies that are owed to them? What happens when we have the quarterly VAT bill due which will be significantly more than the monthly amount?

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Says who? You?

I'm not going to name and shame the people at the club I know. It isn't fair on them.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well you keep hinting at terrible things to come, if you know summat then spill the beans.

Is a winding up petition that is going to court not enough?

24 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I'm not going to name and shame the people at the club I know. It isn't fair on them.

Is a winding up petition that is going to court not enough?

The club said they expect the Gazette to report the WUP has been set aside didn't they?  This was a public announcement on the website.  Are the club lying?  A yes or no will suffice.