Pre-season Training

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

Which leg..cough cough......now if it was Connor Ripley's leg I'd certainly risk a ban....gonna miss that man.

they best crack on and get me something to ogle at on a cold winters night at BP.....brrrrr

Very  very sexist Not pieces of meat ya know ?

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Very  very sexist Not pieces of meat ya know ?

Listen..it's not as if we play football is it...hehehe....

are you not entertained?...no....however a woman of my age might end up on an oggling register at this rate..eek

wonder if women figures dip in the RRE, especially behind the pegs this coming season..hmmmm..new GK has a big hole to fit in more ways than one.

Now if you really want me to be a tad sexist I'm all for bringing back the retro kits from the early 80's, specifically when shorts were short....Gary lineaker style/ england squad Mexico world up and all...oh yes, when shorts were short.

Edited by underdog

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

are you not entertained?...no....however a woman of my age might end up on an oggling register at this rate..eek

wonder if women figures dip in the RRE, especially behind the pegs this coming season..hmmmm..new GK has a big hole to fit in more ways than one.

Who was your all time Latics pin up boy?

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Who was your all time Latics pin up boy?

Ooooo....such choices.

now as a teenager in the paddock looking at those legs flying up and down those steps and the smell of linament oil, I'd have to say to Mike Flynn's legs were mighty fine, but then came along Paul warhurst pins and legs eleven himself Earl Barrett. 

Andy Barlow had some nice thighs"pudding on a muffin" himself, Frankie Bunns followed a close second.

Now the all round package for me was Tommy Wright...yes I know look at him now..eek.

i went AWOL late 90's onwards...things like nightclubs, drinking and the opposite sex came on the scene and it's only in the last 6/7 seasons I have returned because I was fed up of the hubby papping on about the great unwashed down the bloody road and I gave him what for one match, to which the shock of it he said, let's get down to BP and the bug took hold of me again....aagghh

Pre my little existence....i would have loved to have seen alan groves play.

wow..thanks for the memory blast....glad my one marble is still working.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I'm friends with Darron McDonough and he informed me from his experience in the shower with dowie. It's not the face women are after....

Oooo Darron....what a tackler he was....yes I said tackler.. Him and Gary Hoolickin and Willie Donachie at the back, with Andy Goram and Andy Gorton fighting for number one jersey.

say hello and ask him next time if you wouldn't mind, if he is interested or has joined the former players association.  The trust are extremely keen to celebrate our past/heritage

cheers

Edited by underdog

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Ooooo....such choices.

now as a teenager in the paddock looking at those legs flying up and down those steps and the smell of linament oil, I'd have to say to Mike Flynn's legs were mighty fine, but then came along Paul warhurst pins and legs eleven himself Earl Barrett. 

Andy Barlow had some nice thighs"pudding on a muffin" himself, Frankie Bunns followed a close second.

Now the all round package for me was Tommy Wright...yes I know look at him now..eek.

i went AWOL late 90's onwards...things like nightclubs, drinking and the opposite sex came on the scene and it's only in the last 6/7 seasons I have returned because I was fed up of the hubby papping on about the great unwashed down the bloody road and I gave him what for one match, to which the shock of it he said, let's get down to BP and the bug took hold of me again....aagghh

Pre my little existence....i would have loved to have seen alan groves play.

wow..thanks for the memory blast....glad my one marble is still working.

If Glen Hoddle had known your enthusiasm for legs I'm sure he'd have signed for Latics.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

There's a few people I don't recognise 

- black lad wearing 19 next to Flynn (thought Osei was 18 and doesn't look like him)

- young lad wearing 5 in pink bib behind dummigan 

- 23 as already mentioned 

19 is tope. The other two I don't know. 

14 hours ago, underdog said:

Now if you really want me to be a tad sexist I'm all for bringing back the retro kits from the early 80's, specifically when shorts were short....Gary lineaker style/ england squad Mexico world up and all...oh yes, when shorts were short.

Am I the only one reading this as very very wrong?

21 hours ago, latics22 said:

I'll mention it, he completely out of the game now though, has been since his Achilles finished him. He's in the building game now, built his own house in shaw near Tara leisure 

No worries, it's for all ex players regardless of what they are doing now. It's a scheme born out of the loss of Jimmy Frizzell, that we should try as a trust keep in touch with our heritage and be a support if need be to them.

It's early stages, we have had one successful event and we hope to have more to follow. Darron and others are most welcome so what this space.....

Just dibbing back into the pre-season thread, my very good buddy, Mac, and I will be at Salisbury next Wednesday. It's only an hour away from his house, plus 20 minutes for me, so a chance to see how the Trialist family get on. If they've been selected, that is.