Blackpool (A)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live too far away to watch us regularly but i try to get to 4/5/6 games a season.  That was the worst half of football I've seen from an oldham team!

Ok, we had injuries but what system were we trying to play?  Glad Gerrard was subbed. 3 old players as a back line was asking for trouble. Fane normally impresses when ive seen him before, but had a nightmare day.  Can only get better, but needs to be quick!

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

Does anyone else think as a team we stand of an awful lot and dont seem to make a lot of challanges?  Today and previous games, even Fane who is there to break up play rarely puts a tackle in.

Pointless trying to have a view on what players are or aren't doing at the moment, the issue is much wider.

20 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Does anyone else think as a team we stand of an awful lot and dont seem to make a lot of challanges?  Today and previous games, even Fane who is there to break up play rarely puts a tackle in.

Yep. 

Drives me mad, we seem to be letting the oppositions midfield dictate play by standing off them.

I think it has something to do with the system...didn't seem to happen as much once we binned off the 3 at the back system

35 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

First half was a shambles. Absolutely shambolic performance. Up there with Crewe away the other year that. 

Second half we actually started to play a bit of football, the atmosphere lifted too and you could see the players actually started to try. That's all we want...if we lose to a team better than us but give 100% then it is what it is but first half the players genuinely couldn't give a toss. 

No idea why when we scored we then decided to not play football again...Hoofing it across pitch which never works.

3 at the back isn't working, looked much better when it was changed to 442. 

Mantack played well when he came on but on a couple of occasions when he could have bombed up the pitch...he chose to wait and I assume, wait for Dummigan to overlap but ended up losing the ball...frustrating as he changed it.

Fawns should be starting, looked a bit lost at times out wide but offers more than some of the other midfielders. Glad Fane went off he had a mare.

Overall I think a draw would have been fair, that being said...Blackpool missed a couple of absolute sitters. 

Defence is far too slow, Wilson and Gerrard get burned by everyone and anyone...Clarke at least normally wins it back if he isn't quick enough. 4 at the back and I'd play Hunt in his position (not in fucking CM) and bring Stott in either LB or in the Centre with Clarke. 

Improvement needed...And no way all those players are injured/ill all of a sudden. Something a bit weird going on...my dad mentioned this morning he saw McLaughlin at the club just after the coach had left...he had all his gear with him but was walking back to his car. 

Players didn't deserve that following/atmosphere...imagine if we were actually remotely good!

, Totally agree with that.Played much better after the subs and formation much better and we got a grip on the game after a piss poor first half in which the damage was done yet again in the first few minutes and then we were left chasing the game despite a spirited fight back.Great support again which deserves better performances from the players.

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Left after 20 minutes. Obviously wouldn't have done at most other places. Only naming 3 subs is insulting, Sheridan should know better regardless of circumstances 

Do you know more were available on the day to make it to the match? 

Support wasn't altogether "great" I recall idiot on the pitch being applauded,"your not fit to wear the shirt", people running to the front to abuse players after the goals,several smoke bombs on the pitch (disrupting our good patch). All not great for confidence which is obviously fragile for whatever reasons.

On the other hand second half singing was good and seemed to drive the team on.

1 hour ago, suffolkkev said:

I live too far away to watch us regularly but i try to get to 4/5/6 games a season.  That was the worst half of football I've seen from an oldham team!

Ok, we had injuries but what system were we trying to play?  Glad Gerrard was subbed. 3 old players as a back line was asking for trouble. Fane normally impresses when ive seen him before, but had a nightmare day.  Can only get better, but needs to be quick!

I'd say you've underlined our problems there. Sorry, there.

I don't  condone that chant but understand the frustration of our fans today.No one of our team played well in the first half and it was sad to see our team being run rings round .When they put a shift in after the subs then the fans got behind them and many clapped them at the end.Our loyal supporters deserve better.

8 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I don't  condone that chant but understand the frustration of our fans today.No one of our team played well in the first half and it was sad to see our team being run rings round .When they put a shift in after the subs then the fans got behind them and many clapped them at the end.Our loyal supporters deserve better.

Clapping them off at the end made me laugh. Regardless of the effort second half, we've lost 5 in a row and they didn't deserve any kind of applause after that first half gutless performance