Blackpool (A)

Shez said in his pre match interview that he knew how he wanted them to play and the formation, even if it meant paying some out of position. Surely a manager should make the system fit the players he has available. Not the other way round. I thought that is what he did when he came in both times which gave them confidence. Playing people out d position, and them not being to good at it will only ruin their confidence.

I don't believe all those players are injured, if they are then there are big problems with the training methods being used.

I am guessing that Stott and Mac. weren't involved because they are the only two we can get money for which could be used to strengthen other areas, if the investment doesn't come in.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Shez said in his pre match interview that he knew how he wanted them to play and the formation, even if it meant paying some out of position. Surely a manager should make the system fit the players he has available. Not the other way round.

If we really did only have 14 fit players then hard to avoid them being played out of position

Edited by Dave_Og

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Shez said in his pre match interview that he knew how he wanted them to play and the formation, even if it meant paying some out of position. Surely a manager should make the system fit the players he has available. Not the other way round. I thought that is what he did when he came in both times which gave them confidence. Playing people out d position, and them not being to good at it will only ruin their confidence.

I don't believe all those players are injured, if they are then there are big problems with the training methods being used.

I am guessing that Stott and Mac. weren't involved because they are the only two we can get money for which could be used to strengthen other areas, if the investment doesn't come in.

Isn't Harbin here on a short term basis?

Just watched the highlights of the game, and I'm fucking furious with that second goal, look at dummingam he can fuck off for me, that second goal would be stopped if he put in some fucking effort or even 75% effort. Piss poor from him. Shez can do nothing about that, he simply did not even run 

16 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It is a sad state of affairs when you re-employ someone of such low character.

Plenty of evidence to suggest that employing people of low character doesn't bother us in the slightest..

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Well, Duffus was genuinely unfit - he's in hospital with pleural effusion which sounds pretty serious. Out for a few weeks.....

Think there's a decent chance of him being unfit to start for more than a few weeks.

Absolutely no way he can do any exercise to the level needed for a professional sportsman with a pleural effusion.

His illness might explain a few others being injured too.

57 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think there's a decent chance of him being unfit to start for more than a few weeks.

Absolutely no way he can do any exercise to the level needed for a professional sportsman with a pleural effusion.

His illness might explain a few others being injured too.

Rudemedic, what are the chances of it being passed on to others? Is it easily transmitted?

There are a list of causes as long as your arm for pleural effusions. In him it will be most likely related to an infection. 

The chances of him being infectious and passing it to other players is virtually zero.

Likely out of action for a few weeks depending on the cause and the size of the effusion.

2 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Rudemedic, what are the chances of it being passed on to others? Is it easily transmitted?

As Barns said the list of causes for a pleural effusion is as long as your arm. 

If his is infection related, most likey cause, he is very highly unlikely to still be infectious (he could be, but he shouldn't be, but if he is still infectious he isn't playing for a while). However he might have caught that infection from another player or given it to another player before it developed into a pleural effusion, the same way any virus/bacteria can get round any workplace.

4 hours ago, BARNS said:

Where are you working now rudemedic?

I'm a respiratory consultant in a certain teaching hospital on the wrong side of the Pennines.

So your the expert. But I do know the regulation about not saying your a doctor on social media without revealing your true name.

Those who know me on here, know I'm not a doctor- my name is from 2007 when I was 12 months from being one.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

So your the expert. But I do know the regulation about not saying your a doctor on social media without revealing your true name.

Those who know me on here, know I'm not a doctor- my name is from 2007 when I was 12 months from being one.

Ha! Yes that is very contentious GMC advice.

My name is Paul Whitaker and I work in Leeds. My practice is a bit too specific to be of any use on a football message board. Although a player with a pleural effusion was interesting....

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

You're