Welcome Gyamfy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Johnboy3981 said:

Strange that nothing has appeared on official website or Mr Chambers twitter etc.....

It'll be something to do with putting it online at peak social media time to maximise the hype, generate clicks etc. Expect it around 6pm or so I'd bet.

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yet all summer we've had "where is the money coming from for all these signings" and "thanks Simon" from folk.

Fingers crossed this lad isn't the next Sidney Smeltz. 

Aye.

Makes you wonder if Sheridan had anywhere else to go then he might have walked the plank by now...

36 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yet all summer we've had "where is the money coming from for all these signings" and "thanks Simon" from folk.

Fingers crossed this lad isn't the next Sidney Smeltz. 

Gary Roberts left Portsmouth.

That's the sort of signing I could get behind.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Aye.

Makes you wonder if Sheridan had anywhere else to go then he might have walked the plank by now...

I can see him sacking it off by the end of the month. If this board is anything to go by after 1 game with all the moaning and crying he'll stick two fingers up and let some other sucker put up with it all.

We've had 1 god damn fucking  game for Christ sake and lost 2-0 !! Yeovil fans must be planning for life in the non league and Luton fans dreaming of champions league success within 4 years. Why such negativity after ONE Game!!! 

They may be shite but at least give them time to prove they are shite FFS

4 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

I can see him sacking it off by the end of the month. If this board is anything to go by after 1 game with all the moaning and crying he'll stick two fingers up and let some other sucker put up with it all.

I'm happy to see where we are at the end of the window Len.

As it stands this squad won't be good enough to avoid relegation IMO.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Didn't corney say there maybe one or two surprises, surely that indicates at least 1 marquee signing.....???

By  maquee you mean intent?

Edited by BP1960

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Gary Roberts left Portsmouth.

That's the sort of signing I could get behind.

He recently followed Tommy Widdrington who is Head of Recruitment at Coventry. 

Just what we need though. A 1 in 4 ish strike rate over the last 4 years. 

Am I right in saying he's got a wand of a left foot aswell?

Edited by HarryBosch

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm happy to see where we are at the end of the window Len.

As it stands this squad won't be good enough to avoid relegation IMO.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's not good enough to avoid relegation, but it's certainly not good enough to avoid a relegation dogfight again.

We're missing two or three players, but two of them are central midfielders, which most would agree is up there with the most important spots to fill. The extra issue is that the ones who are filling in them positions simply aren't up to it for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's not good enough to avoid relegation, but it's certainly not good enough to avoid a relegation dogfight again.

It wasn't good enough to beat Oxford United on Saturday 5th August. 

Beyond that......

The waste of budget sat with Banks and Flynn is the real sticking point. Sheridan re-signed Green too which he may regret a bit. Fane won't be on big money so will be good value for a spot, Gardner I imagine is on similar to Banks. 

We probably should have done more to offload Banks and Flynn but Sheridan probably wanted to give them a fair crack...

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It wasn't good enough to beat Oxford United on Saturday 5th August. 

Beyond that......

You won't get anywhere with a central midfield as poor as ours. Unless Fawns, Gyamfy and Gardner are revelations, that is. This division is much improved on last season.

Edited by NewBlue