Changes Needed

So we are 2 games into the season 2 defeats, 4 in a row if you count the last 2 home friendlies all at home!!!

Now this super centre half partnership in Clarke and Gerrard is looking dodgy to say the least with next to no pace between them when they come up against pacey strikers they are going to be ripped a new one....Rob Hunt i like him standard 7.5/10 every match but he is wasted at left back and gives the side no balance especially when McLaughlin is played on the left also, new natural left back is needed......Wilson has been steady but Dummigan looked bright last night but he needs to be played at right back for me and in a squad of numerous right backs Brian Wilson isn't the number 1 at the club not in my eyes anyway.

The new keeper i can forgive he has been thrown in and he is doing his best although his distribution could be improved once the true number 1 comes he will be an able deputy.

Now this is where the moaning starts the f***ing midfield....Fane for me can only operate in his best fashion when part of a central 3 as this allows him to make the 20/30 mistakes a game he makes when he does have cover behind and in front of him but pairing him up with the poncy Olly Banks and then last night Paul Green who i just dont see how he gets a game week in week out and we seem to accommodate the team round him, played out wide he offers nothing and in the middle last night he didn't win a challenge, scored by default after a taking a percentages free kick (plus Ripley shatted his pants from Clarke's presence IMO).....Sheridan has gone on about a midfield general yet no signing of that ilk has been made despite media links to 2 players that would be great signings in my eyes. The formation we have played at home 4-4-2 just isn't working as we dont have the players able to make full use and although Gardner has looked bright in pre season ill hold my breath on him being the best thing since sliced bread in a deep lying midfield role....

All pre season it was obvious to those who watched the matches that Holloway and Davies together doesn't work too similar a player yet he started the season with them and it showed Saturday, yes Davies got his first goal last night but it still wasn't from open play, i would be amazed if Holloway scores more than 6/7 goals before christmas because for me you can tell he use to be a centre half by his finishing although was unlucky with his header last night...Duffus i like him could be anything but last night truth be told he shit himself last night up against 2 big lumps in Naylor and McFadzean and i dont think he is the answer as yet and as for Obadeyi he is just a poor mans Jonathan Forte in my eyes....

Changes in formation, personnel and our overall approach to games is a must but has its been mentioned there is potential upheaval in the boardroom and Sheridan's body language just doesn't ring right with how he was last year and for the life of me i dont know why Mason Fawns hasn't been given the chance to show us in competitive games the promise he shown all through pre season....

But something needs to change because when the losing mentality sets in its a hard habit to kick, here's hoping its just a blip, this new winger will be dogs bollards and Holloway will get golden boot come May.....

Sigh

29 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

So we are 2 games into the season 2 defeats, 4 in a row if you count the last 2 home friendlies all at home!!!

Now this super centre half partnership in Clarke and Gerrard is looking dodgy to say the least with next to no pace between them when they come up against pacey strikers they are going to be ripped a new one....Rob Hunt i like him standard 7.5/10 every match but he is wasted at left back and gives the side no balance especially when McLaughlin is played on the left also, new natural left back is needed......Wilson has been steady but Dummigan looked bright last night but he needs to be played at right back for me and in a squad of numerous right backs Brian Wilson isn't the number 1 at the club not in my eyes anyway.

The new keeper i can forgive he has been thrown in and he is doing his best although his distribution could be improved once the true number 1 comes he will be an able deputy.

Now this is where the moaning starts the f***ing midfield....Fane for me can only operate in his best fashion when part of a central 3 as this allows him to make the 20/30 mistakes a game he makes when he does have cover behind and in front of him but pairing him up with the poncy Olly Banks and then last night Paul Green who i just dont see how he gets a game week in week out and we seem to accommodate the team round him, played out wide he offers nothing and in the middle last night he didn't win a challenge, scored by default after a taking a percentages free kick (plus Ripley shatted his pants from Clarke's presence IMO).....Sheridan has gone on about a midfield general yet no signing of that ilk has been made despite media links to 2 players that would be great signings in my eyes. The formation we have played at home 4-4-2 just isn't working as we dont have the players able to make full use and although Gardner has looked bright in pre season ill hold my breath on him being the best thing since sliced bread in a deep lying midfield role....

All pre season it was obvious to those who watched the matches that Holloway and Davies together doesn't work too similar a player yet he started the season with them and it showed Saturday, yes Davies got his first goal last night but it still wasn't from open play, i would be amazed if Holloway scores more than 6/7 goals before christmas because for me you can tell he use to be a centre half by his finishing although was unlucky with his header last night...Duffus i like him could be anything but last night truth be told he shit himself last night up against 2 big lumps in Naylor and McFadzean and i dont think he is the answer as yet and as for Obadeyi he is just a poor mans Jonathan Forte in my eyes....

Changes in formation, personnel and our overall approach to games is a must but has its been mentioned there is potential upheaval in the boardroom and Sheridan's body language just doesn't ring right with how he was last year and for the life of me i dont know why Mason Fawns hasn't been given the chance to show us in competitive games the promise he shown all through pre season....

But something needs to change because when the losing mentality sets in its a hard habit to kick, here's hoping its just a blip, this new winger will be dogs bollards and Holloway will get golden boot come May.....

Sigh

Stopped reading at the point you said Dummigan looked bright last night. Unless bright autocorrected from shite ? 

Lots of words in your post tho,well done !

We lost to a last minute penalty (and a very soft penalty at that) vs a championship side.

We were poor on Saturday but we look to have improved last night, we created chances and scored. The sky isn't falling

4 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

Championship side only by name 110% they are coming down this year, aside from comical defending from Ripley and a soft penalty of our own we wouldnt have scored...

The skys grey

Aside from my alarm going off this morning, I'd still be in bed asleep... unable to read this dross...... that's the dream

1 hour ago, Mouth On Legs said:

Championship side only by name 110% they are coming down this year, aside from comical defending from Ripley and a soft penalty of our own we wouldnt have scored...

The skys grey

Apart from the Holloway 1 v 1, Holloway hit the post, Holloway glancing header from a corner, Peter Clarke's header at the end which was clear cut chance, then soon after the cross that almost went it. Yeah mate never looked like scoring, stop talking shite 

Yeah we didn't win, yeah there are improvements needed, but last night was a good performance, and was entertaining to watch, and Holloway did his job fantastically, and dominated those centre backs, Shame he could not find the goal 

Edited by LightDN123

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah we didn't win, yeah there are improvements needed, but last night was a good performance, and was entertaining to watch, and Holloway did his job fantastically, and dominated those centre backs, Shame he could not find the goal 

Spent half the game on his arse.

Makes you wonder what games some people watch that aside some people have their favourites and regardless of what they do they get 10/10 every week....

Aside from the chances Holloway missed last night he was oblivious when Davies came on and thats worrying because normally in the past 2 big lumps up front seem to work for other teams....

1 hour ago, cmr said:

We lost to a last minute penalty (and a very soft penalty at that) vs a championship side.

We were poor on Saturday but we look to have improved last night, we created chances and scored. The sky isn't falling

I can't decide the relevance of this, really. We were totally outplayed last night, which is understandable when another team has far better players than you, especially in the midfield, but I'm not sure we played any better than against Oxford.

Passing was generally atrocious last night. It was worse than Oxford in that respect. That said we created a couple of chances - one being a cross from a centre back and the other good work from McLaughlin. Has the team really played any better if two players have produced one individual piece of quality each?

The reality was we still couldn't get out of our half for a lot of the game. Not trying to contrive negativity and Burton are a decent side, but you just could see the same faults of the first game in that, with a couple of goals added in.

46 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

The skys grey

Were they certain to go down last season as well?

10/10 on the trolling, you put a lot of effort into getting that much shite into one post. Kudos (it's not an after-shave) also on creating a new tense. Is "shatting himself" the past imperfect.

No more biting from me now.

11 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I can't decide the relevance of this, really. We were totally outplayed last night, which is understandable when another team has far better players than you, especially in the midfield, but I'm not sure we played any better than against Oxford.

Passing was generally atrocious last night. It was worse than Oxford in that respect. That said we created a couple of chances - one being a cross from a centre back and the other good work from McLaughlin. Has the team really played any better if two players have produced one individual piece of quality each?

The reality was we still couldn't get out of our half for a lot of the game. Not trying to contrive negativity and Burton are a decent side, but you just could see the same faults of the first game in that, with a couple of goals added in.

Burton looked as though they had extra gears to go up to if needed.

And they dominated the shot count.

Edited by deyres42

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Burton looked as though they had extra gears to go up to if needed.

And they dominated the shot count.

We didn't get out of our half for the first thirty minutes. They were all over us. Akins, Sbarra and Palmer in the middle are a class above and it was so obvious. But you don't mind that cos they're the division above.

What disappointed me again was our hoofing, disjointedness and inability to pass it about again. It's a shame Fawns didn't get more of a run-out but can understand him keeping Green on when we were trying to keep a draw.

5 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Would it be fair to say that it's more a  lack of effort from most of the players to get into a position to receive a pass that is achievable and worth passing too?

Worryingly it's been both :lol:

A couple of times second half yesterday Fane and, I think Hunt went on runs forward and there was just no movement ahead of them ultimately meaning they lost the ball.