Advertising boards

I know the club needs the money and my eyesight isn't what it was, but I can't stand those ultra bright moving advertisement boards last night.

At times I couldnt pick out the players against the background.

On the other side of the coin they were more entertaining than the product in the pitch.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know the club needs the money and my eyesight isn't what it was, but I can't stand those ultra bright moving advertisement boards last night.

At times I couldnt pick out the players against the background.

On the other side of the coin they were more entertaining than the product in the pitch.

Could be glaucoma. 

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not complaining about the need for them to increase revenue, but maybe the brightness can be dimmed a bit so they don't distract from the game.

They definetely dimmed them after the Girona Game (They were bright that night...) so doubt it'll happen again.

As I said last time, the brightness will need to be high enough to stand out when the sun is on them RRE side.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

giphy.gif

Andy - you don't go to home matches enough to know how much sun BP gets ?. We get a fair amount in the RRE and North Stand. 

Ps, on that note...if you ever get married again, don't invite me to the reception. Ask 24hrs. Unlikely, I know, as we weren't invited to the recent one.....?

42 minutes ago, maddog said:

Andy - you don't go to home matches enough to know how much sun BP gets ?. We get a fair amount in the RRE and North Stand. 

Ps, on that note...if you ever get married again, don't invite me to the reception. Ask 24hrs. Unlikely, I know, as we weren't invited to the recent one.....?

Ha. Very true..... although going back to 1986 I've watched Latics at BP hundreds of times and I can count on the fingers of 1 hand the amount of times I've faced sun blindness. Frostbite & chilbains however, I've experienced scores of times.

Sounds very intriguing. I look forward to hearing all about it. Are you & Will planning on going to Rotherham away per chance?

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Ha. Very true..... although going back to 1986 I've watched Latics at BP hundreds of times and I can count on the fingers of 1 hand the amount of times I've faced sun blindness. Frostbite & chilbains however, I've experienced scores of times.

Sounds very intriguing. I look forward to hearing all about it. Are you & Will planning on going to Rotherham away per chance?

Honestly, since the north stand has opened, I've seen more sun than rain!

The wedding thing was about 24hrs bullshitting on (as he is wont) about Latics at the LeesRosa wedding - and I may have pointed out that he'd not been forever so couldn't possibly know.... not sure he appreciated it.. ooops

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

It will be something as simple as not being able to have or remembering that you need a different level of illumination for evening games in a grey Oldham than for sunshine on a Saturday afternoon.

They were actually brighter than the floodlights.