Bristol Rovers

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

For some reason, i reckon Bryan will be here all year. Byrne and Doyle on permanents as both were rumoured to being shipped out. What pleases me is one of our own is scoring too.

Doyle will depend on £££ Id say

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

4 points in two away games.

Fantastic response.

We need to tighten things up at the back and we'll be okay. 

Good to see Davies scoring again, I really wasn't convinced when we signed him and didn't think he had goals in him but he's in form and long may it continue.

Shrewsbury next, and whilst they've won 6 out of 7 and are undefeated, there's this irrational part of me that says "It's still Shrewsbury".

Think I might go on Saturday now!

It's the rational part

50 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Only worry is who of Byrne, Bryan and Doyle will be here after Xmas.

47 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

All of them !! Nows not the time to worry about anything tho nows the time to enjoy. It feels like a lifetime since we could 

They are all on loan until January (not sure when in January- might well depend on their signing date).

Bryan being on loan from Citeh and Byrne being unwanted by his parent club in our division makes me think they will still be available for a rest of season loan. As Bryan doesn't seem likely to get loads of games in the Championship, so why not remain in League 1 playing week-in, week-out. The difference in playing for us as opposed to playing for say Blackburn is minimal.

Doyle, I'm not too sure about, as if he keeps scoring goals there may well be a clamour for him to go back to PNE. 

Defence is a massive worry, to let a 2 goal lead slip in 2 minutes is criminal, good job Doyle scored with a great header otherwise it would of felt like another defeat, i just hope we can keep hold of Doyle, Byrne and Bryan beyond January what a difference they have made quality players for this level, I'm sure there will be other clubs interested if they keep this up. We never do it the easy way do we ! Onto Saturday 

16 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

The first and third goals are great to watch but that second is well-worked by Byrne and finished cleverly by Davies.

We're actually going to score a few goals between now and Christmas, aren't we?

Top scorers  in the league by xmas

top conceders in the league by xmas

Bang £10 on, Thank me in Jan 

Edited by robboman

On 10/09/2017 at 10:22 PM, oafcshuck said:

Tuesday

Knew we had a pretty poor record there but didn't know it was as bad as it is. Not scored in our last five there and lost all five. Two 90th minute goals to lose and two Tuesday night defeats already as well.

Not sure why but this has striking resemblance to Hartlepool away in 2012 on a Tuesday night. A ground we had an horrendous record at, had lost four straight prior to it and people didn't give us much hope.

With the performance on Saturday and the new lads, I'm hopeful the outcome will be similar to above.

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Just stopped in Gloucster. Got the feeling tonight could be special. Eion Doyle show. 

Just got back. What a night.

Do I get a medal for being at both? :tongue1:

Doyle was class. Bryan was class. The whole team I thought were superb tonight, I do think this has the makings of something special. I know alot of people state it and I always think b*llocks, but Blackpool 2007. We looked good enough and for once have two quality strikers who WILL score goals together in this league.