Non League Day Sat 7th Oct

I’m off to Dulwich Hamlet. Things have changed in recent years in one distinctly unpleasant respect: you can’t take your own booze in. Or you can’t if you haven’t spent the last 20 years running rings round League One stewards. 

A couple of weeks ago, for instance, Seaside Latic left the clubhouse VIA THE FRONT DOOR with a rucksack (and my crutches) and waltzed back in from Sainsburys with a couple of bottles of wine for our little gang. I resent the inconvenience is all. 

5 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I’m off to Dulwich Hamlet. Things have changed in recent years in one distinctly unpleasant respect: you can’t take your own booze in. Or you can’t if you haven’t spent the last 20 years running rings round League One stewards. 

A couple of weeks ago, for instance, Seaside Latic left the clubhouse VIA THE FRONT DOOR with a rucksack (and my crutches) and waltzed back in from Sainsburys with a couple of bottles of wine for our little gang. I resent the inconvenience is all. 

UK in a nutshell. Can't even do set design nowadays.

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Organic, Fair Trade & with no children having been involved in the crushing of the grapes I trust....? 

Latics backing Non-League Day is brilliant and everyone at Mossley AFC really appreciates it.

If you don't yet have plans, it would be great to see as many Latics fans as possible at our match tomorrow.

We're at home to Skelmersdale United in the FA Trophy, kick-off 3.00pm.

We have a special offer for Latics season ticket holders - bring along your season ticket and it's only £5 for adults, £3 for concessions and £1 for 16-17s.

Otherwise it's £8/£5/£2 which I'm sure you'll agree is still good value. All children get into Seel Park for FREE at every match.

We've a social club inside the ground, cracking pies and you can take a beer out onto the terraces.

You'll also see Jack Tuohy in action for us - he's having a great season so far. And we can reminisce about just how good David Eyres was for both clubs!

You'll receive a very warm welcome too :)

The postcode for Seel Park is OL5 0ES. 

Went to Altrincham v Rushall decent day. Singer pre match San Miguel on tap and a decent portion of pie chips and curry. Tbf there’s a few of us been bitten by the ground hopping bug so that’s my 10th new ground already this season after

Salisbury

Liversidge

Atherton Collieries

West Didsbury and Chorlton

Santiago Bernabeau

St Helens Town

Trafford FC

Altrincham

Abbey Hey

Cheadle Town

inc Latics matches that’s 23 for the season and 86 goals so far!

On 06/10/2017 at 3:03 PM, HarryBosch said:

Organic, Fair Trade & with no children having been involved in the crushing of the grapes I trust....? 

Seaside Latic buys into the ethos only so much, so he bought bottles of slave-picked Cabernet Sauvignon filled with salt n’ shake style sulphates to make it taste okay. 

Yesterday’s bar strategy worked fine. We bought a job lot of cans before the daytrippin’ sappers arrived. I reckon some of them queued for the whole 90 minutes of the game. Hopefully my mug on the front cover of The Times on Monday will discourage them from coming and push them back to south London’s rugby belt where they belong.