Shez on TalkSport

Sorry if I have missed this in another thread.

Very interesting interview with Shez just after 7.30 this morning. His tone was very different from the interview he gave on the day he left.

He referred to feeling he should have got more time which was a move from it being his decision to go. It doesn't stop it being by mutual consent but does indicate it wasn't 50/50.

He talked a lot about having players forced upon him. 8 players turning up at a training session that he knew nothing about and by the following day we had signed 6 of them.

He said we should give Wellens the job and interestingly referred to having a good relationship with the "ex-owner" until the "new bloke came in".

He held his hands up that he screwed up with the keeper situation and recognised that has played a big part in our poor start to the season.

There was also a on it so subtle dig when he was asked if the new owner had any money with something along the lines of "well, It's not like anyone at the club is getting paid".

On the plus side, It's not every morning you get to listen to "Boys in Blue" on your drive to work... Not that any of them actually knew what the song was.

Edited by Latics and England

Good summary of what was said.

some may be glad that Corney is the "Former Chairman" but alarming that it needs our former manager to confirm it.

This and 8 players turning up unannounced doesn't bode well for the future.

I don't think Wellens has any chance of being appointed with this crew in charge.

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

Good summary of what was said.

some may be glad that Corney is the "Former Chairman" but alarming that it needs our former manager to confirm it.

This and 8 players turning up unannounced doesn't bode well for the future.

I don't think Wellens has any chance of being appointed with this crew in charge.

I think Shez has fast forwarded a bit with the "former chairman" talk.

16 minutes ago, Joanna Roper said:

Well Richie seems to be coping well with people walking into the dressing room etc 

I love Shez and missed the interview but this post sums it up.

Placide on first impressions isn't a bad signing that turned up?!  Had Shez played him sooner rather than cocking around with the other two GKs then perhaps he would still be here?  Credit due that he made reference to the keeper situation in said interview.

Other downfall was his stubbornness of playing Gerrard and Clarke.  Richie spotted it immediately, changed it and we've been more on the front foot playing attacking football, scoring goals and winning.

Every cloud and all that....just hope that they don't fuck it up by appointing Scholes  and pushing Wellens out into the cold screwing up all the good work thus far.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

I love Shez and missed the interview but this post sums it up.

Placide on first impressions isn't a bad signing that turned up?!  Had Shez played him sooner rather than cocking around with the other two GKs then perhaps he would still be here?  Credit due that he made reference to the keeper situation in said interview.

Other downfall was his stubbornness of playing Gerrard and Clarke.  Richie spotted it immediately, changed it and we've been more on the front foot playing attacking football, scoring goals and winning.

Every cloud and all that....just hope that they don't fuck it up by appointing Scholes  and pushing Wellens out into the cold screwing up all the good work thus far.

100% hit nail on the head

It's crazy first I hear Abdallah has gone then Shez is suggesting we were already jumping to his tune.

I think any manager would be miffed if 8 players turned up unannounced and six were signed the next day.

Even after the three wins we are heading for deep shit if no new money is forthcoming.

19 minutes ago, Joanna Roper said:

Still if they are still going to be there im sure he will carry on all the same the lads doing a great job

He will soon get pissed off with the shenanigans behind the scenes, as with Shez the last couple of times he's come in Wellens has worked wonders but regardless of who manages us there are fundamental faults with the way the clubs being run which makes it near on impossible for any manager to succeed,  Wellens deserves the gig on his little cameo but I'd love a bigger name to go in there and actually challenge the clusterfucks at the top table.

I think Abdallah is just a front man negotiating and running things the way the new owner wants. I think we are in the interim period and he and Corney will be involved until it's finally agreed by all concerned especially the EFL. I would think Corney would pay all the bills until it's all been legally signed over. Then finally it will be reviled as to who the new owner is . Let's hope that the owner is the wealthy cousin of the owner of Man City. Then we will have no worries about paying bills for many years.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I think Abdallah is just a front man negotiating and running things the way the new owner wants. I think we are in the interim period and he and Corney will be involved until it's finally agreed by all concerned especially the EFL. I would think Corney would pay all the bills until it's all been legally signed over. Then finally it will be reviled as to who the new owner is . Let's hope that the owner is the wealthy cousin of the owner of Man City. Then we will have no worries about paying bills for many years.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Crikey. They are being "reviled" already and they haven't even been revealed. That's Latics fans for you. 

B)

Sheridan was screwed over FACT. Eight players turning up at training unannouced and signing six of them, says it all. #HTYJS

Thanks for Doyle, Bryan and Byrne. Signings from the lower English leagues as expected. His talent of spotting a quality available player.

He saved us the last two seasons and quite easily could prove to have saved us this season with those three signings.

Wish you was still here.

36 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Sheridan was screwed over FACT. Eight players turning up at training unannouced and signing six of them, says it all. #HTYJS

Thanks for Doyle, Bryan and Byrne. Signings from the lower English leagues as expected. His talent of spotting a quality available player.

He saved us the last two seasons and quite easily could prove to have saved us this season with those three signings.

Wish you was still here.

Byrne spotted by RW not sure if Sheridan spotted the others be interesting to know also genuine question did he sign Halloway?

5 hours ago, Joanna Roper said:

Well Richie seems to be coping well with people walking into the dressing room etc 

To be fair when I saw the Reserves at Everton, Shez wasn't in sight but Wellens was very organised knew each of the trialists name also.

5 minutes ago, bozman said:

Can't  listem myself as I'm working on a client site today, but for anyone who can. the Hawskbee and Jacobs  show on Talksport is going to have the latest on the Scholes to Oldham story soon.

On it. Will let you know if owt interesting is said.....

Edited by lookersstandandy