Can't believe nobody's done this yet....

Can't believe nobody's done this yet....   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Jack Byrne or Matt Palmer?

• Byrne
    • Palmer

Tough one. Palmer is proven in the Championship, Byrne isn’t. Palmer  is fine against big strong players, Byrne not so much. 

Byrne has been able to dovetail with a fellow clever player alongside him like Gardner and also had clever strikers, Palmer was in a much worse team alongside lesser players.

Byrne is much more of a goal threat and more attack minded.

2 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Same thing. Without him we'd have been relegated. His record speaks for itself.

Whilst I don't disagree that without him, we'd have been a lot worse off... He wasn't the sole reason for survival.

He went back to Burton mid-way through that relegation scrap.

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

When he joined. We were 23rd. 8 (Yes eight) points off safety.

When he went back to Burton we were 18th. 2 points clear with 2 games in hand.

We only won 12 games all season. 7 of them were whilst he were here in that 'short' period.

Nobody has argued that he was a major contributor to our survival. I would say just about everyone would disagree that he did it single handedly. 

Your last post would assume that he was the only thing that changed and caused the upturn in form. I seem to remember that was nowhere near the case.

Next couple of games will tell us Byrnes real qualities. Bury did a job on him on Tuesday having realised he was the threat. There is a reason he isn't catching at Wigan and Blackburn fans don't rate him. However wellens appears to be getting the best out of him.

I remember Robbie Simpson running the show for his first few games! 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Next couple of games will tell us Byrnes real qualities. Bury did a job on him on Tuesday having realised he was the threat. There is a reason he isn't catching at Wigan and Blackburn fans don't rate him. However wellens appears to be getting the best out of him.

I remember Robbie Simpson running the show for his first few games! 

We’ve already seen his real qualities.

Deary me, we’ve got one of the best playmakers in the league, something we haven’t had for god knows how long, and people can’t just enjoy him.

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

We’ve already seen his real qualities.

Deary me, we’ve got one of the best playmakers in the league, something we haven’t had for god knows how long, and people can’t just enjoy him.

Not sure I've read that people aren't enjoying watching him, it's a fair point that Andy b makes though and he's going to be targeted by the opposition especially when they become aware that it's easy to wind him up.